For zombie film junkies....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

For zombie film junkies....

Post by Tyler »

Remember that good ol' flick that came out not long ago called 28 Days Later?

28 Weeks Later

Woohooo!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Zombie films don't cut it for me .... except Shaun of the Dead. :D Vampires and werewolves don't do anything for me either, come to think of it. Why don't they make more like Shaun of the Dead?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Check out Spaced. No zombies or gore but it's Shaun and Ed... well the actors anyways.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Not a big fan of the zombie genre, but I'm fascinated by its appeal. It's got to resonate with some kind of human archetype-thing to be such a popular category of film.
djm

Post by djm »

Good one. I see Simon Pegg has a new film out - Hot Fuzz. Promises to be .... er .... interesting.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

djm wrote:Good one. I see Simon Pegg has a new film out - Hot Fuzz. Promises to be .... er .... interesting.

djm

Ya think? :-?
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

djm wrote:Zombie films don't cut it for me .... except Shaun of the Dead. :D Vampires and werewolves don't do anything for me either, come to think of it. Why don't they make more like Shaun of the Dead?

djm
I loved that one!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

It's too bad that the original guys from 28 Days Later aren't involved, but it still looks interesting.

I've been reading (very slowly) <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead">The Walking Dead</a>, a comic in the George Romero zombie tradition. So far it's been pretty good, interesting characters and a great story.

Great zombie movies have always been more about the people and their reactions, and a critique of society, than the zombies themselves.

That said, zombies are pretty darn cool.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Speaking of zombies, anyone else see the Grindhouse double feature yet?
brianc

Post by brianc »

djm wrote:Good one. I see Simon Pegg has a new film out - Hot Fuzz. Promises to be .... er .... interesting.

djm
Plot Outline:Jealous colleagues conspire to get a top London cop transferred to a small town and paired with a witless new partner. On the beat, the pair stumble upon a series of suspicious accidents and events. more
Plot Keywords:Blood Splatter / England / Violent Movie / Stabbed In The Throat / Bloodshed more
:twisted:
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'm a zombie fanatic.

I have 15 movies so far and still growing. I really like the Resident Evil movies.
Another good comic zombie flick is Dead and Breakfast.

There's at least six I still want to collect if I can find them.

I also have Max Brooks two books, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie Wars and The Zombie Survival Guide.

I have the Walking dead series. The first 12 anyway.

Ah. Zombies. Long may they shamble.

So here's a question for zombie movie buffs. Do you prefer the slow or the fast zombies?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

The only zombie movie I really dug was Hide and Creep. I found it funny as all get-out, and it's set credibly in the South, replete with cliches and in-jokes, which for me makes the flavor of the movie's humor irresistible somehow.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Anglorfin

Post by Anglorfin »

I love zombie movies. They're always so hilarious.

I take issue with Grindhouse though. It seems waaaaay too overbudgeted and thus in some way I think it distorts what a true horror/gore classic is all about. A movie like that should ideally only cost a couple thousand.
mukade

Post by mukade »

Zombie films never interested me until 28 Days Later.

Perhaps because 28 was set in places I knew, and the zombies actually ran.
The urban/techno soundtrack was also excellent.

In most other films it seemed that as long as you had an ability to walk at a slightly brisk pace, zombies presented little threat.

Mukade
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

brianc wrote:

djm
Plot Outline:Jealous colleagues conspire to get a top London cop transferred to a small town and paired with a witless new partner. On the beat, the pair stumble upon a series of suspicious accidents and events. more
Plot Keywords:Blood Splatter / England / Violent Movie / Stabbed In The Throat / Bloodshed more
:twisted:
Hot Fuzz is better than Shaun in my opinion. Brilliant film. They basically do to action movies what they did to zombie films.

The tagline on the posters was "Big Cops. Small Town. Moderate Violence".