Happy Easter

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Happy Easter

Post by pipersgrip »

Happy Easter all you C&Fers, I hope your day was great.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Thank you.

I don't celebrate holidays, but I was surprised to find out that this year the Orthodox Easter happened on the same day as the Western Easter. I don't think it's ever done that in my lifetime, not that I can remember at least.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Happy Easter to you as well.
It was a very nice day, thank you very much! :party:

M
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

happy bunny day to you all.

rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

:o Amar, that picture is truly frightening! No wonder that poor child is crying!

Talk about a nightmare-producing experience for a kid!
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

rebl_rn wrote::o Amar, that picture is truly frightening! No wonder that poor child is crying!

Great photo! And it5's so very true about them nightmares... still got 'em. :D
Cranberry wrote:Thank you.

I don't celebrate holidays...
Jeeeeziz Cran, ya gotta cheer up sometime buddy. :lol: :P :wink:
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

rebl_rn wrote::o Amar, that picture is truly frightening! No wonder that poor child is crying!

I know, isn't it great? :lol:
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

amar wrote:

I know, isn't it great? :lol:

I bet he gets all his young relatives drums for Christmas...

Happy Easter, All! :party:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Cranberry wrote:
I don't celebrate holidays
"...bestow...money for whatever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or whatsoever thy soul desirith: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord, thy God..." (Deuteronomy 14)

"There is a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance." (Eccles 3)

"Thou hast turned my mourning into dancing...to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee..." (Psalm 30)

Sounds like celebration to me!
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

What's with all the religious stuff? I thought easter was about chocolate!
Jack

Post by Jack »

SteveK wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
I don't celebrate holidays
"...bestow...money for whatever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or whatsoever thy soul desirith: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord, thy God..." (Deuteronomy 14)

"There is a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance." (Eccles 3)

"Thou hast turned my mourning into dancing...to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee..." (Psalm 30)

Sounds like celebration to me!
Since you've asked...it has to do with an ancient Quaker belief that every day is as holy as the next. The very term "holiday," which we use to cover Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and all the rest, comes from the term "holy day," and traditionally Quakers have refrained from celebrating any holy days on the principle that every day should be lived as deliberately, as holily as all the others. I know it's an idealistic position, but I've adopted the practice in the last year and a half or so and I find it liberating, really.

To give up all the chocolate bunnies and pine trees, turkeys, birthday cakes and jack-o-lanterns is an amazing feeling.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Cranberry wrote: To give up all the chocolate bunnies
Can't you still eat the chocolate bunnies? Do it because you like them, not because it's easter.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I can't go a month without at least one Cadbury Creme Egg. So I stock up around Easter and freeze them (to keep them fresh). :oops:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I can take or leave the turkey and chocolate, but I just cannot imagine not celebrating Administrative Professionals' Day (observed on the third or fourth Wednesday of April, April 25 this year). Some of my fondest childhood memories revolve around this holiday. Mom used to help us make garlands of paper clips, which we then strung around the coat rack, and we all looked forward to going through the neighborhood singing Secretary carols and staying up until midnight the Tuesday before (Administrative Professionals' Day Eve) and going to late mass and then coming home to open our presents.

On AP Day itself, we got up early and had the traditional Administrative Professional breakfast (poptart, yogurt and coffee), then we would f*rt around with meaningless paperwork until lunch, when we would go to the buffet at the Holiday Inn. When we got home, dad would loosen his pants and say to mom "Who's your administrative daddy?" and they would send us kids out into the yard for an hour to draw in the dirt.

How someone today can deny those warm, precious memories to their kids, I cannot fathom. You just can't buy memories like that anymore.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

gonzo914 wrote:I can take or leave the turkey and chocolate, but I just cannot imagine not celebrating Administrative Professionals' Day (observed on the third or fourth Wednesday of April, April 25 this year). Some of my fondest childhood memories revolve around this holiday. Mom used to help us make garlands of paper clips, which we then strung around the coat rack, and we all looked forward to going through the neighborhood singing Secretary carols and staying up until midnight the Tuesday before (Administrative Professionals' Day Eve) and going to late mass and then coming home to open our presents.

On AP Day itself, we got up early and had the traditional Administrative Professional breakfast (poptart, yogurt and coffee), then we would f*rt around with meaningless paperwork until lunch, when we would go to the buffet at the Holiday Inn. When we got home, dad would loosen his pants and say to mom "Who's your administrative daddy?" and they would send us kids out into the yard for an hour to draw in the dirt.

How someone today can deny those warm, precious memories to their kids, I cannot fathom. You just can't buy memories like that anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol: OMFG, I have never pee'd myself with such reckless abandon as I did just now, after reading that. :oops: