Meeting new people

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Helo Kresimir, and welcome,

I'm annie from Missouri in the USA. I started playing whistle 30 years ago, but only started taking it seriously a few years ago. I am an artist, and I make whistle cases.
Last edited by anniemcu on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
rhulsey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rhulsey »

Greetings and welcome, Kresimir -

My name is Reg, and I'm pretty new to this whistle scene myself, but learning and having a great time.

I live in east Tennessee, am a pipe organ builder/voicer, and gem cutter - so I guess my work qualifies as artistic, too.

Again, welcome.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
shadeclan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by shadeclan »

Cynth wrote:Hi Kresimir---Nice to meet you and the other new people that posted here. I'm 57 I guess and I like Irish traditional music, . . .
Cynth, I don't believe that ladies are required to give out their ages . . .

Hello Kresimir a.k.a Stanly boy. My name is Woody, I'm 47 and I currently live in the state of Vermont, USA as a "flatlander" - I'm originally from Maryland, USA. I'm a programmer by profession, a family man by choice and a whistler by accident :P. I also enjoy the occasional paintball game.
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
Cubitt

Post by Cubitt »

I'm Alan, and I live in Los Angeles. My screen name (pronounced CUB-it, Not CUBE-it) comes from the maker of my flute, which was made in London in 1882. Also play whistle, bodhran, and bones.

My Grandparents were from Croatia, so we have a bit of a connection there.

Interesting that you should be talking about liking to meet people. As it happens, I am hosting a get-together with three other members of this site at my home tonight. I'm new to this site, and never imagined so many who share this rather specialized interest would be living so close to me. Am really looking forward to it.

Cheers and welcome to you! :party:
"In times of trial, swearing often provides a solace denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

Hello. I'm Kelly, I'm nearly 20 (I will be in two days), I mostly post to the flute and uilleann pipes forums, because those are my main instruments, but I also play whistle. And fiddle, though not as well yet. I'm a student/artist/craftsperson/musician type. I love playing with other people, it's such a good way of connecting to them (better than any other way I know of!).
Cubitt

Post by Cubitt »

seisflutes wrote:Hello. I'm Kelly, I'm nearly 20 (I will be in two days), I mostly post to the flute and uilleann pipes forums, because those are my main instruments, but I also play whistle. And fiddle, though not as well yet. I'm a student/artist/craftsperson/musician type. I love playing with other people, it's such a good way of connecting to them (better than any other way I know of!).
You're nearly twenty and that's all you can do??? How do you face yourself in the mirror every morning?

It's people like you that make me feel old and cranky.

Happy Birthday, Kelly. May you live long and prosper in the lovely land of ITM! :)
"In times of trial, swearing often provides a solace denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

hi stanley boy, i live in west virginia, usa. my grandparents immigated from czechoslovakia.

what will you and your family be eating for the easter holidays? my brother mailed me some nut and poppyseed kolatche (sweet spiral rolls, i am sure i spelled that wrong.) the ladies at his church make them. my in-laws are visiting us for easter. they are scot-irish and they have no good food traditions whatsoever but they are bringing a ham. (that should start some complaining.)
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

shadeclan wrote:Cynth, I don't believe that ladies are required to give out their ages . . .
Yay!! :party:

Hi, Kresimir! :) My name is Heather, but most people here just call me Izzy. I live in New York (the state, not the city) for now. I'm a mom of a few kids, I attempt to play the whistle, but I think I'm failing miserably. :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
River Otter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by River Otter »

Hi Kresimir, I'm Ken. I live in Tennessee, USA. I have been playing tin whistles for a few years and started playing the Irish flute about two weeks ago. I knew a Kresimir in college who was also from Croatia. We played in a rhythm and blues band together.
River Otter
Fortitudine Vincit
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

Cubitt wrote:
seisflutes wrote:Hello. I'm Kelly, I'm nearly 20 (I will be in two days), I mostly post to the flute and uilleann pipes forums, because those are my main instruments, but I also play whistle. And fiddle, though not as well yet. I'm a student/artist/craftsperson/musician type. I love playing with other people, it's such a good way of connecting to them (better than any other way I know of!).
You're nearly twenty and that's all you can do??? How do you face yourself in the mirror every morning?

It's people like you that make me feel old and cranky.

Happy Birthday, Kelly. May you live long and prosper in the lovely land of ITM! :)
Thank you! :)
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

shadeclan wrote:...
Cynth, I don't believe that ladies are required to give out their ages . . .
Uh oh, I think I failed the ladies' test...again! :lol: Dang, I've been working on getting that license for years now!
izzarina wrote:.....My name is Heather, but most people here just call me Izzy.....
Heather? Since when is your name Heather? I mean, this is the first I ever, ever heard of that :lol: . It's a lovely name. You are a lovely person. But you cannot be Heather---I cannot make that transition, sorry. Most people here call you Izzy because you ARE Izzy! Talk about a disturbing day!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Stanly boy

Hej

Post by Stanly boy »

Hej :)
Thanks everybody for few kind words. I feel really great now. Connected to a few people.
Playing tinwhistle in a irish punk band
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Cynth wrote:
izzarina wrote:.....My name is Heather, but most people here just call me Izzy.....
Heather? Since when is your name Heather? I mean, this is the first I ever, ever heard of that :lol: . It's a lovely name. You are a lovely person. But you cannot be Heather---I cannot make that transition, sorry. Most people here call you Izzy because you ARE Izzy! Talk about a disturbing day!
Sigh! Alright....I lied. My name really and truly IS Izzy....my husband's name really and truly IS Mr Izz (just don't tell HIM that)....my kids really and truly are known as the Izzlets...and I really and truly DO live at Casa Izz.

Is that better, Cynth? ;)

:lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
FearNot

Post by FearNot »

"... I attempt to play the whistle, but I think I'm failing miserably.

C'mon - if you can blow air through the whistle and something comes out the other end and you enjoy doing it you haven't failed miserably :moreevil: The name of the game is have fun!! :)

By the by - what part of NY you in? I grew up on Lk Ontario and used to say the say the same thing -"I'm from the state, not the city"
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Hello,
Welcome, my name is Fred. I'm in to helping and working with kids, ITM for theropudic purposes as well as fun and am receiving shock treatments :boggle: for an over exagerated case of WHOA. My favorite whistles are Sweet Heart Pro, O'Brien Rover, and the GFM C. Ive been focusing on jigs for three months.

Im more in to reading than posting, great site and good folks, have fun!