Why don't you all go fly a kite!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Skyclad01
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Post by Skyclad01 »

s1m0n wrote:.htm links that don't give any indication that they're to video content are really effing annoying. These cause freeze up and/or crash my browser, and generally piss me off.
Well that does suck. I checked the page source and found the link that may help you.

http://www.kitevideo.net/video_files/de ... 84kbps.wmv
Skyclad01
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Post by Skyclad01 »

s1m0n wrote:.htm links that don't give any indication that they're to video content are really effing annoying. These cause freeze up and/or crash my browser, and generally piss me off.
Well that does suck. I checked the page source and found the link that may help you.

Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Cynth wrote:I think the city is probably Vancouver----but not absolutely certain. I'm pretty sure that the clip at the kitelife.com site is from a documentary about Ray Bethell called Good Stuff by Matt Nie at the Vancouver Film School. I think you can see a little better how he flies the kites in the VFS clip and he talks during the clip. He talks more about life than flying kites but I thought he had some good things to say. I had never seen kite ballet before.
Yes Ma'am, Ray Bethel lives in Vancouver, and can sometimes be seen in Stanley and Vanier Parks flying his kites.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

http://www.kitelife.com/[b]videos[/b]/demo/bethell_promo.htm
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Cynth wrote:I think the city is probably Vancouver----but not absolutely certain. I'm pretty sure that the clip at the kitelife.com site is from a documentary about Ray Bethell called Good Stuff by Matt Nie at the Vancouver Film School. I think you can see a little better how he flies the kites in the VFS clip and he talks during the clip. He talks more about life than flying kites but I thought he had some good things to say. I had never seen kite ballet before.
Yes Ma'am, Ray Bethel lives in Vancouver, and can sometimes be seen in Stanley and Vanier Parks flying his kites.
Thanks for corroborating that. I did quite a bit of detective work to figure it out and I'm glad I reached the right conclusion!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Yeah, you were right.
I believe I've seen him on more than one occasion whilst I lived there. I might have some photos of him stashed somewhere; I'll have to look.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Decades ago my friends and I used to fly single string figher kites. Frim Vic's Fighter Kites. We bought them from the guy who made them in San Diego.
They were awesome. I never got the hang of the dual stringers but then again you need a place with a steady wind.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm