KITT? Is it really you!!??

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Post by I.D.10-t »

Rod Sprague wrote:I still go through a box of Kleenex when I watch the movie Silent Running.
Let me guess it's the final scene of a forest greenhouse drifting into space, tended by the sole remaining drone with a battered watering can.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rod Sprague »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Rod Sprague wrote:I still go through a box of Kleenex when I watch the movie Silent Running.
Let me guess it's the final scene of a forest greenhouse drifting into space, tended by the sole remaining drone with a battered watering can.
No, that's just the last time I start up again. I start about the time of the opening seen with the close-up of the snail, even when I saw it the first time. The poster clued me in on the nature (or lack there of) of the plot.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

jkwest wrote:Did someone mention David Hasselhoff?!?!?
those are the swedish medium format cameras that went to the moon on the Apollo program?? :lol:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

All you guys talk about is cars and stuff. I have never, ever understood it.
Someone brings up the show Route 66 and all you talk about is their silly CAR???
What about George Maharis? :love:
This isn't the best picture of him, I must admit. I can't imagine what the problem is with his hands.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
missy

Post by missy »

Tyler Morris wrote:
GMs are for wannabes... :P

/mustang owner :P
//is real mustang
///mustang has "owned" many GMs :P
////is so cool :P
Ah, Tyler - you ONLY got away with this because I was busy at work and hadn't time to get on here.

Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily

Joseph - Nate was about 5 when he promised to buy me a '63 hard top 'Vette when he made his first million. On a sailor's salary I'll probably be waiting a while!!! :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:The show was dumb, and everything about it and the car (Trans Am yuck) was dumb. David Hunkelhoff couldn't act his way out of a paper bag to save his life...

... now if the car had been a 1963 Corvette, I would've overlooked Hussyhopp's acting. :D

... now THAT'S what I'm talking 'bout! :thumbsup:

That get's a big AMEN!!!!
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Cynth wrote:All you guys talk about is cars and stuff. I have never, ever understood it.
Someone brings up the show Route 66 and all you talk about is their silly CAR???
What about George Maharis? :love:
This isn't the best picture of him, I must admit. I can't imagine what the problem is with his hands.
I rode in a car just like that, and it was red, back in the day. It belonged to my cousin's boyfriend.

George Maharis- not for me- much to pretty. I'll take the car instead and leave him to you, Cynth. :wink:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

cowtime wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:The show was dumb, and everything about it and the car (Trans Am yuck) was dumb. David Hunkelhoff couldn't act his way out of a paper bag to save his life...

... now if the car had been a 1963 Corvette, I would've overlooked Hussyhopp's acting. :D

... now THAT'S what I'm talking 'bout! :thumbsup:

That get's a big AMEN!!!!
There's no questioning it, you have tremendous taste! :D

... and a rear view:

Yeah baby, Yeah!!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

cowtime wrote: George Maharis- not for me- much to pretty. I'll take the car instead and leave him to you, Cynth. :wink:
:lol: Well, he's too young for me now. But you can have the car!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cynth wrote:
cowtime wrote: George Maharis- not for me- much to pretty. I'll take the car instead and leave him to you, Cynth. :wink:
:lol: Well, he's too young for me now. But you can have the car!
I tried to point them in the right direction, but they all fixated on the car. I guess you just have to hit them over the head.

So here you go, Cynth -- another Buzz picture --

I fell it's the least I could do after all the wonderful photo searching you do for us. (Where are the nurses? I haven't seen them around in ages.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
djm

Post by djm »

Cynth wrote:I can't imagine what the problem is with his hands.
Rumour has it that they used to get a bit too rough on set while playing "Pull My finger".

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nice one, gonzo.

The nurses are busy studying for their finals. They haven't had time for any extra-curricular activities at all. They'll be graduating in June---how time flies!---and we'll probably have to find some new student nurses to help us. Heaven knows where we'll find any as good as those last two cooperative little souls. I'll have to plan a little party for them.
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

David H was awful, but I kind of liked the car. I just didn't like the prissy voice they used for KITT.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

tuaz wrote:David H was awful, but I kind of liked the car. I just didn't like the prissy voice they used for KITT.
The actor's name is William Daniels, he's the same actor who played the heart surgeon (Dr. Mark Craig) on the 80's TV show St. Elsewhere.

Daniels is the man on the right with the lip ferret.

Personally, I thought the car's voice should been George Carlin. :wink: