Whistle Workshop Oct. 26

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
madguy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by madguy »

I would absolutely love to make it to this workshop....if I didn't work midnights, and if it wasn't a 3+ hour drive....

I know, IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his a@#!

~Larry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madguy on 2002-10-11 15:58 ]</font>
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

On 2002-10-11 15:57, madguy wrote:
I would absolutely love to make it to this workshop....if I didn't work midnights, and if it wasn't a 3+ hour drive....

~Larry
Oh Boy, Do I know what you are talking about! I will probably have to milk 120 cows before I can leave to get there and I am about the same distance as you Larry. It will be a very early morning for me!

Kathy
madguy

Post by madguy »

Kathy, you keep it up and you might twist my arm enough to see if I can't pull this workshop off. I do still have a personal holiday left...

~Larry
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Well then by golly Larry take it!!!!
Byll will be there. He doesn't have near as long a trip as us so he can bring the coffee to keep us goin!!!
I really don't think we would need the coffee though. I saw on another post where Wendy is going to teach us lots of stuff I think I know nothing about! I can't wait!

Yippee!!! Image

Kathy
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I hope to see both of you at the workshop, Larry and Kathy...Lots to be learned. Lots of distant friends to meet, in person.
Cheers.
Byll
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

FYI folks, Wendy says she'll do the workshop for whoever attends--no minimum. Questions? Write me!

Marguerite
chattiekathy

Post by chattiekathy »

Hey Larry,

Are you feeling any pain in that arm yet?

Hee Hee Hee Hee.

Were havin a workshop!!! Wheeeee!!!!!!

Kathy
madguy

Post by madguy »

On 2002-10-16 10:50, chattiekathy wrote:
Hey Larry,

Are you feeling any pain in that arm yet?

Hee Hee Hee Hee.

Were havin a workshop!!! Wheeeee!!!!!!

Kathy
Funny, but it hurts when I try to lift it over my head... :grin:

~Larry
Steven

Post by Steven »

Larry, there's a real easy solution for that. Don't lift it over your head! Besides, that makes it real hard to play the whistle....

:smile:
Steven
chattiekathy

Post by chattiekathy »

Hi Steven,

Hey you live short drive to the workshop! Are you coming?

You might start to get arm pain too, you never know. Image

Gettysburg is really close to Philly you know! And, Were gonna have so much fun!
Kathy

Edited for fun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chattiekathy on 2002-10-16 14:13 ]</font>
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi Kathy. Check page 1 of this thread -- I already lamented the fact that I have a conflict that day that I can't change. Hopefully there will be another workshop in the future. It sounds like a lot of fun, not only for the instruction (and I sure could use some of that!) but also for the chance to get together with others who play the whistle. The people on this list seem like such a nice bunch, it'd be great to meet a few....

Steven
chattiekathy

Post by chattiekathy »

Oops, Sorry Steven. I haven't been back to page 1 since it went to page 2. Well, Maybe next time.

Kathy
klezmusic

Post by klezmusic »

oh way cool. I stopped by the Forum last week because Marguerite told me she had posted my workshop here, and I wanted to see if there were any responses to a couple of posts I made (my first!). Lo and behold, here are already 2 pages mostly consisting of ChattyKathy and her hilarious animated jumping smilies, and now I am getting really excited about meeting the people who have signed up.

I'm bringing all the whistles I managed to grab before they went into storage including 3 Copelands and the GORGEOUS Tulipwood whistle that Paul Busman made for me (only a fraction of my total collection, and luckily none were lost in the fire, only an accordion and a concertina and some might say that's a net gain)

I told Marguerite I had put WAY too much prep work into the workshop to cancel regardless of how many participants there might be, so be prepared to do some real work.

Several people have asked for the syllabus - I have decided to make it available online. The curious should go to http://www.klezmusic.com/10-26-02.html

I should have done this earlier but ever since I got this Mac I have had to do all my page coding by hand (long story), so I procrastinate.

Do I have to use HTML to make a line break in this system? I don't like to code in emails or message posts. I hope this isn't all one run-on paragraph.

See youse on the 26th.

Wendina
tomcat
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

You guys are killing me....I would really like to participate, but my schedule won't allow it either. I was going to fly in for the day. I vote for a spring edition! With a little time, and if the flights are good (i have to fly stand-by), I just might make it then.
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

Well guys, if Wendy's willing we'll try for the spring, too.

Write me if you're interested! Also write with other workshop ideas.

Marguerite
mplank@ladyofthecreek.com