Silly question...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Silly question...

Post by Tyler »

This has probably been asked before, but the search yielded no results.
This is also a severely silly question, but...

Is there any difference (aside from cosmetic treatment) between the Sweetone and the Clarke Celtic Tin Whistle?
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Silly question...

Post by gonzo914 »

Tyler Morris wrote:This has probably been asked before, but the search yielded no results.
This is also a severely silly question, but...

Is there any difference (aside from cosmetic treatment) between the Sweetone and the Clarke Celtic Tin Whistle?
The Clarke Celtic TinWhistle is green and has a little decoration. It also comes with some crappy sheetmusic.

That's about it.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Thanks bud. Was toying with picking one up, but if it's not any different from the Sweetone I might not.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dwinterfield »

I have a vague recollection that the mouthpiece may be different.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

dwinterfield wrote:I have a vague recollection that the mouthpiece may be different.
Nope.

Best wishes,
Jerry
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

The difference is just the paint job. In fact, beneath the green speckle paint you can still make out the embossed Sweetone name and leaping whistler logo, just above the Celtic knot. That said, I personally think the Celtic whistle is the most attractive of the Sweetones, looking less like a toy than the garish colored ones. So worth the few extra $$$ to me simply because I'm more likely to play it (apart from slight tuning problems and other non-cosmetic issues).
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

This link might give you an idea about the Sweetone compared to other Clarkes such as Woodstock, Meg, etc.: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... ck&start=0
Keith
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

When Leprechaun tire of making shoes they make Clarke Celtic whistles and that is the real difference.

Its a difference you can taste.

True story.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert