what is this?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

what is this?

Post by Jack »

I know it is something to do with electronics, but I don't know what it is.

It's a little bit larger than an American quarter dollar.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I guess you're joking, but in case you're not, it's a data storage device, called an SD card. Usually in cameras but I suppose it appears elsewhere. It stores your pictures or other data.

That one is kinda dinky by today's standards. My son's camera has a 2gig SD.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Jack

Post by Jack »

The Weekenders wrote:I guess you're joking, but in case you're not, it's a data storage device, called an SD card. Usually in cameras but I suppose it appears elsewhere. It stores your pictures or other data.

That one is kinda dinky by today's standards. My son's camera has a 2gig SD.
Thank you. I didn't know what it was. Why would I be joking?
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

They're selling for about 9 bucks a gig in a catalog I got today. :boggle:
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Cranberry wrote:Why would I be joking?
I feel that your choice of name and picture may predispose a reader to come to this view.

If I were your agent and you wanted people to take you more seriously I could suggest another name. A Fijian name would be good. Maybe "Tugalala" which is pronounced "tungalala". A change of picture would be good too. perhaps an Australian galah. Most Australian farmers take these birds very very seriously. It also rhymes with thhe name.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

talasiga wrote:
I feel that your choice of name and picture may predispose a reader to come to this view.

If I were your agent and you wanted people to take you more seriously I could suggest another name. A Fijian name would be good. Maybe "Tugalala" which is pronounced "tungalala". A change of picture would be good too. perhaps an Australian galah. Most Australian farmers take these birds very very seriously. It also rhymes with thhe name.
Ah, Talasiga, you do rude so... um... subtly?
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

anniemcu wrote:
talasiga wrote:

Ah, Talasiga, you do rude so... um... subtly?
It's ok, I know where he's coming from. :)

And I could never change my name. Cranberry is a kind of minor C&F institution, whether I like it or not.
djm

Post by djm »

Cberry wrote:What is this
What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me
Turn around quick, and start to run
Find out I'm the chosen one
Oh nooo!

- Black Sabbath

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

talasiga wrote:[ A change of picture would be good too.
I have to say I agree with this. Cran, this is a family website. There are quite a few people that could very well be offended by your newest choice in avatar. I really and truly feel that you should change it.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

izzarina wrote:
I have to say I agree with this. Cran, this is a family website. There are quite a few people that could very well be offended by your newest choice in avatar. I really and truly feel that you should change it.
I'll agree with that. I am offended by this avatar because now I can't come to this site when my grandaughter is in the room. I'm not ready to explain to a four year old why there's a picture of two men kissing on the computer. Yes, anyone with a kid that age knows they will notice.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Denny

Post by Denny »

::discovers an upside to being half blind::

thanks guys!!!

Cran, for someone that is so easily offended you sure are offensive.Image
Jack

Post by Jack »

Why is two people kissing offensive? Other people have had such avatars in the past. It's from a tv show (though I can't remember which one).

You know, people kissing is not anti-family. It's supposed to be sweet/romantic. It's just a kiss.

Anyway, I'll change it in the morning when I can find a new one (I'm just about to go to sleep).

Thanks for all the help.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cranberry wrote:Why is two people kissing offensive?
No idea...I was just tryin' to help. :D
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

izzarina wrote:
The people who get offended by Cran's avatar need to get over themselves, soonest.

That kind of hatred has no place in any family website, and if that's what they're teaching their family, they should be deeply ashamed of themselves. Hatred is the obscenity, not love.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

s1m0n wrote:
izzarina wrote:
The people who get offended by Cran's avatar need to get over themselves, soonest.

That kind of hatred has no place in any family website, and if that's what they're teaching their family, they should be deeply ashamed of themselves. Hatred is the obscenity, not love.
Your words tell me you're presuming - and mistakenly - that any discomfort is automatically due, all around, to homophobia. You might reconsider operating from such an easy reflex. For as much as I agree with your intent, I would be just as uncomfortable with a pic of a heterosexual couple sucking face for an avatar on this site.

Call me prudish.
Last edited by Nanohedron on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician