Last two CDs you bought

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

The last time I bought CDs I bought 4 at once.

Millish by Millish, a young band playing a mix of ITM, Jazz, and various other styles.

Ar An bhFidil by Oisin Mac Diarmada.

Venus in Tweeds by Shooglenifty.

Coolfin by Donal Lunny.
rh

Post by rh »

Unseen122 wrote: Ar An bhFidil by Oisin Mac Diarmada.
I got this one in 2005. It was sent to me by mistake; i had ordered a different CD but this is the one i got. I listened to it and liked it so much i never sent it back.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Intrepid - Rory Campbell

Irish traditional Uilleann Pipes - Gerry McFadden

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

In the past couple years I've bought just about all the Cds in my collection at artists' concerts.

"Waterloo, Tennesse" at an Uncle Earl concert a couple weeks before it came out officially.
Fyi, John Paul Jones produced it and played bass, piano, mandola or "Papoose & wobble board" on a few tracks. Who knew JPJ likes Oldtime and Bluegrass!

"Starch & Iron" by Rayna Gellert and "Song of the Traveling Daughter" by Abigail Washburn at that same concert.

And just last Sunday both my mom and I picked up copies of Casey Driessen's latest Cd while at his concert.

I'm thinking seriously of volunteering to usher at concerts so I could get in for free and have more money to spend on Cds.
Either that or join a support group.
WhistlingArmadillo

Post by WhistlingArmadillo »

Moya Brennan -- Signature (similar but not identical in style to her younger sister, Enya).

Harper's Din -- Banish Misfortune (actually, this was thrown in with a harp I just bought, but I like it a lot -- one of the main musicians is one of the couple that run Melody's Traditional Music and Harp Shoppe, where I bought the harp).
At the end of it all, I want to be told "Well done". I don't want to _be_ well done!
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

BTW, Cran...that Dead Can Dance Cd is one of my high school favorites...

I used to have the whole 4AD library... :thumbsup:
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

Oops! I forgot to say that I love them all.
I've yet to have bought a Cd with a fiddle on it that I didn't love but Rayna and Casey's fiddle playing are awesome!
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

double post
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

I get about a dozen or so CDs every week but the one that I am concentrating on of late is Rickie Lee Jones "The sermon on exposition boulevard". JC Superstar meets the Sex Pistols with a serious nod towards Lou Reed thrown in for good measure. For a bit of light relief there is Lucinda Williams "West", an absolute joy of an album.

Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

dubhlinn wrote: For a bit of light relief there is Lucinda Williams "West", an absolute joy of an album.
??? Ah the days of burying your parent and blowing up crumby relationships. Nothing feels so good as being totaly miserable. And if Cran had asked for 3 cds, this would be it.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

and

/Bloomfield
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Cranberry wrote:
chas wrote:Wrecking Ball by Emmylou Harris
I've been wanting that one. The next time it comes up on eBay for cheap, I'm getting it.
I actually got Red Dirt Girl in the same shipment. I'm absolutely embarrassed to say that I never owned one of her albums till last Christmas, and I intend to get all of her solo stuff over the next few years. She's amazing.

I concur with everyone about Orphans, too. An incredible piece of work. It's just not one of the last few albums I got.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Roscoe Holcum's An Untamed Sense of Control

and

Both are Smithsonian Folkways recordings.

I don't often buy cds, I've gotta really be compelled to do so, and I've just broken down and bought this bluegrass cd. :o (never done that before) They keep playing stuff from this on my public radio station and I like everything I've heard. Heck, I keep wakin' up with "It's You Again" on my mind....It's beyond my control at this point.

Cadillac Sky's Blind Man Walking

"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

The last CD I bought was for my boyfriend for his birthday:

I can't remember the last CD I bought for me. That's really sad. But, lately I've finally been loading all my CD's on my computer, and in doing so I'm re-discovering a lot of great music I had forgotten about. It's been fun.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

Lily Allen because i saw her on SNL and thought she was pretty good...or I thought she was pretty too. Also Elite Beat Agents. Oh, that's not exactly a cd but it's great.

I see the Emmy Lou Harris album on amazon for about 10 bucks.