painting a car

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Ask an artist to make it into a wacky vehicle. Call Les Blank studios.
[movie]

Another option is zolotone, the special paint they used to use inside of trunks. Indestructible.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
djm

Post by djm »

I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

djm wrote:Betcher ol' Toyota can't do this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eluBw3aVYXI

or this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ir3zhMyviX0

:D

djm
I don't get it. Why would a robot have to stretch it's muscles?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
djm

Post by djm »

Even I have to stretch my muscles (sometimes).

djm
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

one of my neighbors was putting detailing sticker type stuff on his car to make it look like a hot wheels car. not that i'm going to fix my own car or anything but i have major scratches on my hood from a canoe that was drug across the roof by that weakling of a best friend that i have. anyway, this sticker type stuff could hide some big and little things if you don't want to paint the whole car.

dale, the orange paint would match you outfit like nobody's business. see if the business will custom color.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I'm going to give this to my daughter to drive in Indianapolis when she move there from Boston. If she could even get a year out of the car, which should be possible--even more than that--it would really help her financially. The paint's not awful. No chipping or peeling. It's just that the roof has that sort of moldy look to it. But, I'll probably hold off on getting it painted.

Dale
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

heck, if I was in spitting distance, I'd do it for ya for the cost of the paint.
I could get an acrylic single step job set up and done over a Saturday for ya.
paintin' cars is fun!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

two words:

Duct tape!!!
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

missy

Post by missy »

"If the women don't find ya handsome, at least let them find ya handy!"

"If it can't be fixed with duct tape, it can't be fixed"

(I still think the funniest show was when Red tried to make a late 70's Nova in to DeLarian (sp?) by putting a garage door opener on the roof and duct taping the doors to it).
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
djm

Post by djm »

It escapes me why Americans find Red Green so funny. Here, he was compared to Hee-Haw (about as sub-intelligent as you could hope for). What's the draw?

djm
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

djm wrote:It escapes me why Americans find Red Green so funny. Here, he was compared to Hee-Haw (about as sub-intelligent as you could hope for). What's the draw?

djm
Canadian...

aren't all Canadians funny? :P

j/k
missy

Post by missy »

djm - in my case, it's cuz I happen to know a lot of guys just like him.

Of course, I know a lot of guys that also fit all of Jeff Foxworthy's jokes.

Maybe I need to meet some new people........ :o
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Dale wrote:I'm going to give this to my daughter to drive in Indianapolis when she move there from Boston. If she could even get a year out of the car, which should be possible--even more than that--it would really help her financially. The paint's not awful. No chipping or peeling. It's just that the roof has that sort of moldy look to it. But, I'll probably hold off on getting it painted.

Dale
I wouldn't get it painted. Tons of respectable people have cars that don't look really spiffy. I don't think she would stand out. I am known to be a very cheap person though.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca