I could use some moral support ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
CountryKitty
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by CountryKitty »

Glad to hear you're feeling better mentally and that the physical outcome is looking good. Thanks for letting us know. :)
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
roj wrote:Jerry, would you mind if I sent you a PM?
Certainly. Go ahead.

Thanks to all for your kind words of support. It's helped a lot, and I'm grateful.

I had an appointment with the surgeon shortly after I posted this thread. He reassured me the operation won't be a very big one. I'll be able to go home the same day (he would normally keep me overnight, but he's confident I'm strong enough, and he's helping keep the expense down. Researching online, I had been reading about three and four day hospital stays for the same problem.) I should be able to resume normal work, with no restrictions, within about 10 days after the surgery, which is a very pleasant prospect.

After taking several days' rest, I seemed to stabilize somewhat. The weather has cooperated by not making me shovel much snow, and I've been able to stay productive overall without having to do much physical work.

Some days, I'm not able to stand for very long, but other days, I can do a reasonable amount of active work. It's unpredictable. There are a great many people who have much more serious things to deal with, so I'm thinking of them and counting myself fortunate.

All in all, now that I've recovered from the snow emergency and we have a plan going forward, I'm feeling much encouraged.

Again, thanks for your encouragement and support. You're a treasure.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Glad to hear that the surgeon is upbeat and your physical recovery period should be short! Aren't you glad we're past the time of leeches?!? :boggle: I'm still keeping you in my prayers too.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

Vibing away at you, Jerry. Chin up, mate.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Jack

Post by Jack »

*hugs*

I was just thinking of you last night, Jerry. I sincerely hope things get better, and better, and better. *hugs*
gaelophisle

I could use moral support

Post by gaelophisle »

Best wishes, Jerry, prayer for you.
Beannachd agus shiubhail 's sonas leat.
AnnaDMartinez
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Hang in there, Jerry, you woonder how you get through this stuff, but you do.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Jerry Freeman wrote:You're a treasure.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Umm...

Actually...

Jerry... you, are a treasure. Especially in this little whistle universe.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hi, Anna!

Thanks, all. You folks are an inspiration.

I have stabilized enough to forego the surgery, at least for awhile. I'm able to work normally again with no problems. The heavy snow shovelling season is over, thankfully. We'll see how the summer goes, with roofing work, etc.

I still haven't figured out how to get the medical work done without getting overwhelmed financially, so I'll just keep going. I'm fine for now. Maybe the next administration will do something so self employed persons will have access to affordable health care.

Thanks again, and always, for your encouragement and support.

Best wishes,
Jerry
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Thanks again, and always, for your encouragement and support.

Best wishes,
Jerry
It's the least we can do...afterall, you're always there for us. Still keeping you in my prayers and thoughts, Jerry!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

how horrible, i will keep you in my prayers. i hope this will resolve soon.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

Jerry, I don't know if you mentioned (and you don't need to mention it) but if lack of health insurance or health insurance that falls short in coverage is an issue, talk to the doctor and hospital about it.

The insurance companies usually strike a deal with hospitals and dr. so they pay less than half price
but what my daughter discovered when there big parts of her medical expenses (surgical) her insurance company refused to cover was that
the dr.s and the hospitals were willing to extend a similar discount to her as an individual.
She had to ask.

The dr.s and hospital reduced their rates and seemed overjoyed that she was willing to make regular payments on what she still owed them of it
rather than she declare bankruptcy and they get nothing.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

hyldemoer wrote:Jerry, I don't know if you mentioned (and you don't need to mention it) but if lack of health insurance or health insurance that falls short in coverage is an issue, talk to the doctor and hospital about it.

The insurance companies usually strike a deal with hospitals and dr. so they pay less than half price
but what my daughter discovered when there big parts of her medical expenses (surgical) her insurance company refused to cover was that
the dr.s and the hospitals were willing to extend a similar discount to her as an individual.
She had to ask.

The dr.s and hospital reduced their rates and seemed overjoyed that she was willing to make regular payments on what she still owed them of it
rather than she declare bankruptcy and they get nothing.
By all means, ask. We've found that they are often willing to settle for a whole lot less if you can pay a lump sum in cash.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I've been doing all that, and some of the participants have been extremely helpful and generous (especially the surgeon, who has offered to work for no fee at all), but other parts of the process will still be too expensive for my resources as they stand now.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I'm a little late posting on this thread, sorry for that. I have been praying for you though, and will continue to do so.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Jerry Freeman wrote:I've been doing all that, and some of the participants have been extremely helpful and generous (especially the surgeon, who has offered to work for no fee at all), but other parts of the process will still be too expensive for my resources as they stand now.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Hang in there Jerry, we're all pullin' for you.

We went through similar stuff years ago-my husband desperately needed nose surgery due to lifelong allergies and we had to postpone it for three years, during which he could not draw a breath through his nose- miserable, and he is still suffering the consequences of this. Our health system and it's resultant lack of availability, even to the insured, due to high costs is one of the shames our country needs to face and fix. :evil:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West