A greeting from the Semi-Absent Undisputed

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

A greeting from the Semi-Absent Undisputed

Post by Dale »

I haven't been posting much on account of being busy. Real busy. I like my new job, but I'm....busy.

I haven't forgotten my C&F friends. Be aware that, even though I am a Somewhat Distant Undisputed, I am still your Undisputed and my benevolence continues to radiate in your General Direction(s).

On an unrelated topic, I now have clinical evidence of memory impairment secondary to Excessive Busy-ness.

Last night I went into the kitchen and picked up a cool little top (you know, the little spinning toys) that someone had given me. It has a red LED imbedded in it which is activated when it is spun and it's a cool effect. So, I give it a good spin and then move on down the counter to make a sandwich. When it ran out of energy, maybe 30 seconds later, it rattled on the counter top and startled me and I look over at it, like, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOISE?

This can't be good.

Have a fine weekend.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Re: A greeting from the Semi-Absent Undisputed

Post by anniemcu »

Dale wrote:I haven't been posting much on account of being busy. Real busy. I like my new job, but I'm....busy.

I haven't forgotten my C&F friends. Be aware that, even though I am a Somewhat Distant Undisputed, I am still your Undisputed and my benevolence continues to radiate in your General Direction(s).

On an unrelated topic, I now have clinical evidence of memory impairment secondary to Excessive Busy-ness.

Last night I went into the kitchen and picked up a cool little top (you know, the little spinning toys) that someone had given me. It has a red LED imbedded in it which is activated when it is spun and it's a cool effect. So, I give it a good spin and then move on down the counter to make a sandwich. When it ran out of energy, maybe 30 seconds later, it rattled on the counter top and startled me and I look over at it, like, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOISE?

This can't be good.

Have a fine weekend.
That's new?... I do that (or its' equivelent) on a constant and repetitive basis. Or so I'm told.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hello, Dale.
buddhu

Re: A greeting from the Semi-Absent Undisputed

Post by buddhu »

anniemcu wrote:
Dale wrote:I haven't been posting much on account of being busy. Real busy. I like my new job, but I'm....busy.

This can't be good.

Have a fine weekend.
That's new?... I do that (or its' equivelent) on a constant and repetitive basis. Or so I'm told.
Same as that.

Hang on... same as what? :-?

Hi, Dale. :)
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I have to admit, I was a bit worried that the peanut butter had gotten you, Dale. Glad to see that it didn't.

As for your story, I have a similar-ish one. When my 8 year old was a baby (he had just learned how to toddle around), we went to a friend's house for dinner. They had a fairly large farm, with this really neat pond in front of the house that had loads of ducks and geese around it. Seán seemed to really like the ducks, and it was all I could do to keep him from toddling toward the pond to commune with them, or whatever it was he wanted to do. We had been there for about an hour when I discovered, to my horror, that Seán was missing. I was frantic, and very quickly located my husband telling him that I couldn't find Seán and would he PLEASE help me find him...he MUST be in the pond. My husband just stood there and looked at me. I asked him (in a rather shrill voice) why on earth he was just standing there looking at me. He very calmly, and trying very hard not to smile as he replied, said "Because you are holding him on your hip." Yes, I was mortified, and felt very silly afterwards. It was one of those moments that I still have not lived down. In fact, I'm sure that I more than likely never will.

;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

memory impairment secondary to Excessive Busy-ness
yayyyyyy- this makes it official!!!!

I've used that as an excuse for years, now it's legitimate having come from the Undisputed. :D
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
djm

Post by djm »

Ha! Just a spinning top? That's nothing. Wait till you start finding you left the stove on - often. When you've finally burned your house down, you can just say to yourself, "Well, I was very .... busy." That's what I plan to do ... if I remember to ... cuz I'm very ... um ... busy .... :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-Those of us using spectacles may search for them while they're propped on our noggins...
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

It could be worse...

Three elderly ladies are chatting about their memories. The first says "My memory is getting so bad that sometimes I'll find myself on the staircase, and I can't remember if I wanted to go up or down".
The second lady says"You think that's bad? The other day I found myself naked, with one foot in the bathtub and one foot out and I couldn't remember if I was going in to take a bath, or coming out!" *
The third lady is dismissive. "Oh, you old biddies! Luckily, my memory is PERFECT, knock on wood!" She knocks on the wood table top "Come in..."

*for the sake of the joke, please ignore the fact that if she was coming out of the bath she'd be wet, dry going in. It's a joke. :D
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

So these two old guys are sitting on a park bench.

One of them says, "I GOT A NEW HEARING AID TODAY. I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! IT'S WONDERFUL!"

The other guy says. "That's great. What kind is it?"

The first guy looks down and says, "Oh. It's about two-thirty."

Best wishes,
Jerry
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

A senior moment. Welcome to the club, Dale!

Looking for glasses while they're on my forehead, or, worse, while I'm actually wearing them? I can top that!

Two months ago I lost my glasses. REALLY lost them. I knew I'd put them down somewhere, but scoured the house for them. Eventually I decided I must have put them down on something (such as old newspaper) which had been put out for recycling, or rubbish collection. I went to the optician and got new glasses. It was about time for that, anyway.

So last night my wife did a super-duper cleanup for her book group coming around. The glasses were behind the armchair. They tell me. Ho hum.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

You're probably a bit younger than I Dale, and perhaps have not yet experienced on repeated occasions walking into a room in the house, and saying "Now, why did I come in here?"

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

PhilO wrote:You're probably a bit younger than I Dale, and perhaps have not yet experienced on repeated occasions walking into a room in the house, and saying "Now, why did I come in here?"
Oh, hell. I do that. :P
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
chas

Post by chas »

Dale, if parenthood didn't completely destroy your memory, you're WAAY ahead of me. And I only have one.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Denny

Post by Denny »

ack!!! as bad as my memory is I can still drag up two or three of 'em...