That's creepy

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote:
emmline wrote:oh, I just checked out the website. I was wondering about those weird eyes. You can select to have "doll eyes added." What a relief. Who wants real eyes?
What in the world does it mean to have "doll eyes"? It just sounds icky.
I think you mean "kinky". LOL

Actually we're better than that.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I have always found that little girl beauty pageant thing sickening for a number of reasons. Those photos are horrendous! Why would anyone not see how fake they look? It was hard to decide which one was worst. I know there is a demand for these things, but I find it scary.

This one is so strange that it is funny. Poor Desiree.
That object on the left side of her head is apparently supposed to be hair :lol: .
Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly can't figure out what else it could be.
Total Makeover
Age Progression:
For children who are growing and changing quickly.

This Photo Enhancement Includes:

*Hair Added

*Baby- fat reduced

*Irises moved for perfect eye contact

*Dark circles removed

*Lashes added

*Hat band lowered on forehead

*Eye Liner added

*Lipstick added

*Eye color deepened

*Skin blended

*Eyes brightened and sharpened

*Zoom & crop

*Photo brightened & sharpened

And this poor little thing that s1m0n showed. I guess "h/m" must mean hair and makeup.
They had to remove her tears. I really fear for children whose parents do this sort of thing to them.
Total Makeover Retouching
For days when she doesn't feel like sitting
through h/m and a photo shoot...

This Enhancement Includes:

*Mouth Replaced

*Hair Replaced

*Tears removed

*Lashes added

*Stray hairs removed

*Eye liner added

*Eye shadow, lipstick, and blush added

*Facial powder added

*Brows shaped

*Skin blended

*Dark circles removed

*"Doll Eyes" added

*Background changed

*Shadows removed

*Photo angled, brightened, sharped

There is an extra charge for a

"total makeover."
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

adding hair to a baby? who would change the way their child looks? those touched up pictures look fake, and they all look like dolls. that one woman looked like some cartoonist drew her features on. :boggle:
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Tril Bluejacket

Post by Tril Bluejacket »

Shades of JonBenet Ramsey.

Disgusting. :evil:
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Children of the Damned... that's what I thought of when I saw them. You know, the kids that are devil possessed or somesuch.. :devil:

I really feel sorry for kids(or adults for that matter) who have this kind of stuff done to them. Of course, then you've got the folks who go the extra yard and do this kind of thing for real. All that surgery so that they end up looking like the fakes they've become. I think it's crazy.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

We just purchased the DVD of "Little Miss Sunshine", and I saw it for the second time yesterday. At the end of the movie the family, who has driven in a VW bus from Albuquerque to California, finally arrives at the Little Miss Sunshine pagent in a conference room of a fancy hotel. The little girls are all made up with adult-style makeup and big hair by their mothers. Olive, the child star of "Little Miss Sunshine", has a special surprise for the members of the audience. To bad that her grandfather wasn't there to watch her perform the burlesque routine that he taught her. He had to check out early, but at least the actor who played his part won the Oscar for best supporting actor. Clearly, the writer of the script and the director of the movie could hardly disguise their contempt for the whole idea of a Little Miss Sunshine pagent, where the contestants are made up to no longer look like the little girls that they are.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

All jesting aside, here lies one of the great contradictions of our society. Little girls are made to resemble women and are taught to be "sexy" (ugh) yet bewail the consequences when 13 and 14 year olds get pregnant or are "molested" by their 18 - 25 year old boyfriends.
There are even toys that glamourize that very thing. Anyone with young daughters or granddaughters knows about those horrendus Bratz toys. Little street walkers that our young children are supposed to emulate.

When my youngest daughter was about 14 there was this big hoopla downtown with a "big time" modelling agency. All girls welcome, come on down! They had huge ads in the paper.

My ex-wife took Becky down and they told her she had real promise and the potential to be a real model. All she had to do was go to Chicago for the "next stage" and pay a $500.00 entrance fee.
Becky was so excited she was bouncing around like a Jack Russell. I checked it out and, not suprisingly, found that it was a scam. Every time a girl went to another "stage" the price got higher but they never got a modelling job. It still pains me to remember how horribly sad Becky was when I told her I wasn't about to let her be part of that. Not only because it was a scam but because she was a little over developed for that age and I had nightmares about the consequences.

BTW I should mention that the legendary Helen of Troy would have been about 12 when she was considered marriagable. How times change, or don't change.
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

All jesting aside, here lies one of the great contradictions of our society. Little girls are made to resemble women and are taught to be "sexy" (ugh) yet bewail the consequences when 13 and 14 year olds get pregnant or are "molested" by their 18 - 25 year old boyfriends.
There are even toys that glamourize that very thing. Anyone with young daughters or granddaughters knows about those horrendus Bratz toys. Little street walkers that our young children are supposed to emulate.

When my youngest daughter was about 14 there was this big hoopla downtown with a "big time" modelling agency. All girls welcome, come on down! They had huge ads in the paper.

My ex-wife took Becky down and they told her she had real promise and the potential to be a real model. All she had to do was go to Chicago for the "next stage" and pay a $500.00 entrance fee.
Becky was so excited she was bouncing around like a Jack Russell. I checked it out and, not suprisingly, found that it was a scam. Every time a girl went to another "stage" the price got higher but they never got a modelling job. It still pains me to remember how horribly sad Becky was when I told her I wasn't about to let her be part of that. Not only because it was a scam but because she was a little over developed for that age and I had nightmares about the consequences.

BTW I should mention that the legendary Helen of Troy would have been about 12 when she was considered marriagable. How times change, or don't change.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

This is yet another sign of a massive faultline in our culture, one running right at the confluence of children & sexuality.

Weird and creepy things happen whenever the two come together--our society feels enormous anxiety while at the same time being both attracted and repulsed.

And people do weird things as a result. That site, and baby beauty pageants are one response to that complex. Hysteria over HPV vaccine is another, as is this traumatic story, in which a teenager has been sentenced to ten years in jail for engaging in, uh, the Lewinsky position with his girlfriend, an act she apparrantly initiated.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

The word "vile" keeps coming to mind. Vile aesthetic, vile practice, and a vile result.

It implies that a child is not good enough. That's vile.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
emmline

Post by emmline »

I guess it is vile Nano. I just can't get over how utterly absurd it is to feel outrage. It's a parody of itself it's so stupid.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

People seem to be divided into two camps: those who think it's hilarious (the friend who sent the image to me was one of those) and those who find it creepy, like me.

And I suppose there must be a group that thinks this is the bees knees, but I doubt that they'd be posting about it here.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

I want to start my own photo retouching service...

What do you think?
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

Wanderer wrote:I want to start my own photo retouching service...

What do you think?
OH MY GOD!!!!! :boggle: :shock: what did you do :lol: that is funny!
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I'm sure her grandmother will love it, Wanderer. I think you'd best wait and see what the demand is like before you quit your day job though :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca