Amazing Grace

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

I played Amazing Grace while laying (lying?)in bed with a headache. It did feel good to play it.

Jessie
Grannymouse
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Grannymouse »

Thanks to all who participated and for the many moving posts here. For me....it was like joining hands around table..Bless you all. Betty
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Desiderata
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

It's just 8:00 in Colorado. We still have half a world to go.
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

8:00 came to Nevada too and I played knowing
all the guys in Ca. would be playing with me, and we sounded wonderful as I knew I
heard someone out there doing a great harmony.
Lolly
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

We sang Amazing Grace at our Bible study tonight. Consider our 100 some odd voices added to the choir.

Thanks, everyone. The future might be too frightening to think about, especially for the people who are responsible for this murder. I don't entirely like some of the feelings I'm having about it. Knowing that the voice of healing and trust in God is going out around the world has helped me put it somewhat in perspective.

God bless you all.
Thomas
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

Lolly here, again,
My bandmates just called from Oregon and
they went down to their pond with harp and mandolin and played right at 8 p.m. too.
This has been a very good idea for everyone!
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Just to cover it, I played Amazing Grace at 8:00 & 10:00 PM EST.

Vinny
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I played the first and second passages on a high D, the third on a low D. No one but the cornfields and perhaps a passing fox or rabbit heard, yet I still had the feeling that I was part of a chorus of caring that circled the globe. Thanks to all who've expressed their feelings in words and music.
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

I went out to my deck at 8 and began to play, the socind time through a neighbor 3 or 4 houses down who I had never met came out onto his deck and joined in on his recorder and before we were finished another joined on her flute, By the time we were through the fourth time a guitar palyer had joined. When we finished all the neighbors were out, those not playing hugging each other or holding hands, some strangers, some friends but a community for that brief time and hopefully from here on out. Those of us playing just looked at each other with sad smiles and tears running down our faces.
Sara

Post by Sara »

I played Amazing Grace three times in my room last night. I had never tried to play it before, so it wasn't very good. But it's the symbolism that counts.
Sara
Otter

Post by Otter »

Played Amazing Grace at 8PM on the roof/deck of my apt building, overlooking the Chicago downtown skycrapers... it was, disturbingly, a very clear and peaceful night.
All this is so very hard to comprehend!
Sibyle
Feadan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Feadan »

I was there too with my Silkstone Low D. Had just enough time to get a late dinner on the table for the kids, start them saying the blessing and went to my home office space to play it the three times through.
We still don't know how my brother in law, who lives in Manahatten, is doing. My wife, Rose, doesn't know where he works on the island or where he or his family may have been when this disaster struck. Needless to say it has been useless to try and phone them. All lines are tied up. No email address for them either. All we can do is hope for the best and wait.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2001-09-13 12:30 ]</font>
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Thanks Grannymouse. I really think your suggestion helped. I know I feel a bit better.

Mary
Cinead

Post by Cinead »

Grannymouse, your suggestion to play "Amazing Grace" was wonderful and inspired. We all need to be reminded of our need for grace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cinead on 2001-09-13 14:24 ]</font>
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JessieK on 2001-09-13 13:51 ]</font>