I HATE WAITING FOR WHISTLES IN THE MAIL

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
gallant_murray
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I HATE WAITING FOR WHISTLES IN THE MAIL

Post by gallant_murray »

Thank you. That is all.
Ramzy Berbawy

I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks.
-Scout Finch
Ostrich Caller

Post by Ostrich Caller »

Me too. I don't know how long I've been waiting. I guess I should order one. :lol:
Buckeye67

Post by Buckeye67 »

Don't get me started.

Try having to wait for a whistle that you sent off to the maker for a cleanup (after owning it for 10+ years) that was to have taken a few days.

It has been 10 weeks and it still isn't here - despite it allegedly having been sent out on two other occasions.

Seriously. :swear:
gallant_murray

Post by gallant_murray »

Buckeye67 wrote:Don't get me started.

Try having to wait for a whistle that you sent off to the maker for a cleanup (after owning it for 10+ years) that was to have taken a few days.

It has been 10 weeks and it still isn't here - despite it allegedly having been sent out on two other occasions.

Seriously. :swear:
Ouch. I think you have me beat. Actually, I haven't been waiting that long. I start getting itchy the day after I place an order. I think it's due to WhOA complications.
Ramzy Berbawy

I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks.
-Scout Finch
Buckeye67

Post by Buckeye67 »

gallant_murray wrote: Ouch. I think you have me beat. Actually, I haven't been waiting that long. I start getting itchy the day after I place an order. I think it's due to WhOA complications.
I'm the same way. :)

I'd go nuts ordering an Olwell flute or a set of UP's that would take 5 years to get. :boggle:

(I had to wait over a year to get that whistle to begin with.. "It should be in the next batch" was the story back then. :P )
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

:lol: well, there is a saying that i like to say: "there are two people that you do not want to rush, your surgeon and your instrument maker." i know it sucks to wait for one, but it is sooooo worth it. :wink:
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Well if you hate waiting for whistles in the mail.. then don't buy 'em online... :)
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Tell me about it!

I'm anxiously waiting for three packages.

1 Overton
3 Syns
2 misc
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

The only thing that makes it bearable is already having some nice whistles to play while you're waiting.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
mmccabe

Post by mmccabe »

I know the feeling! I'm new to playing the whistle I ordered a Clarke Sweetone from the Clarke website last friday. I received an email saying my order is being 'processed'...but I haven't heard anything since.

Anyway...I went down to my local music shop (I wasn't expecting them to sell whistles...shops in my local area rarely sell the things I want) and they sell whistles! I bought myself a Generation in key of D!

They only sell Generations separately and they sell Clarke Meg with a book and CD and a walton set.

Does anyone here know if there is much difference in sound between a Clarke Meg and a Clarke Sweetone?

Thanks!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

mmccabe wrote:
Does anyone here know if there is much difference in sound between a Clarke Meg and a Clarke Sweetone?

Thanks!
Nope, shouldn't be. I've had several of both. The Meg is made in China (or so I've heard), so it's cheaper. But they should sound the same.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

The longest I've had to wait for a whistle is for a Sindt... I'm on month five so far... still waiting :boggle:
mmccabe

Post by mmccabe »

blackhawk wrote: Nope, shouldn't be. I've had several of both. The Meg is made in China (or so I've heard), so it's cheaper. But they should sound the same.
[/quote]

Thanks!
Last edited by mmccabe on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Boru

Post by Brian Boru »

The only thing worse than waiting for a whistle in the mail is NOT waiting for a whistle in the mail. (It was one of Wilde's...) I merely meant your magisty that waiting for a whistle means that a whistle is coming to you.

(With apologies to Monty Python)
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

I don't have the sheet music for "I Hate Waiting for Whistles(in the mail)", but it would be fun to play while waiting for those pesky whistles . . . in the mail!
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon