What is your favourite confectionery?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

What is your favourite confectionery?

Chocolate (any kind)
75%
Gummi Bears/Jelly Babies
3%
Licquorice Allsorts
No votes
Lemon Drops/Acid Drops
5%
Brandy Balls/Cinnamon Balls
3%
Mints (any kind)
No votes
Fruit Drops/Barley Sugar
No votes
Wine Gums/Fruit Gums
3%
Fudge/Bharfies/Toffee
10%
Other (Parma Violets or other weird stuff)
3%

Total votes: 40

oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

my honee pie! she's the sweetest!
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
cfrederi
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cfrederi »

Salt liquorice!!!!
Charlotte
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

See's Candies Nuts and Chews is ultra-reliable default. There are finer truffles and such in the premium dept. but See's is just the right amount of sweetness , flavor variety and intensity for the Weekender as I am not a chick. Chicks like dark chocolate at nearly-paralyzing intensity and I am cool with it, it's just not for me. i can only nibble at em. We have this local chocolatier, Sharffen Berger, that's pretty darn good for such things.

Giant white choco bars with almonds is up there, including Birch Bark from Disneyland, though white chocolate is not even chocolate, but some miracle of palm oil and sugar, I guess.

Also, Italian chocos with hazelnut anything can be quite good.

Frankly, I think Cadbury does a dang good job with most of their bars. Do they still sell 'em at the Tube stops? I thought that was a fringe benefit of London Public Transit. A Cadbury's and a Page 3 girl at the evening commute...I found that an interesting aspect of English "culture...."

Happy Valentine's everybody. I'm on a diet so no choco for me. Well, "no" is a relative term as i am surrounded in the office by choco-lovin' chix. By tomorrow noon, there WILL be chocolate, yes there will.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

kkrell wrote:
emmline wrote:I'm afraid that chocolate is the only candy that tempts me, and the only candy that gives me a headache if I overindulge.
Any possibility of a dairy allergy (if it's milk chocolate)?

Kevin Krell
Sadly my sick mind translated Em's statement to, "I'm afraid that men are the only thing that tempt me and the only thing that gives me a headache if I overindulge."

Sorry Em. I couldn't resist.

BTW, having not read all the thread, isn't a "confentionary" someone who sells confections, not a confection itself?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

On my planet the person selling the stuff is called a confectioner, individual items are confections, but the stuff in general is confectionery.

Things may be different on your planet.

Incidentally, I didn't include stuff like baklava, ice cream, gulab jamon or jellabi because it's too sticky. I wanted to keep it as things you might carry about with you, long term. You know: "Ah, I found some <whatever> in the pocket of my other coat!"

And maybe I should have said "excluding chocolate". Oh well.
I expect as a culture we'll start cutting people's hearts out soon. I'm sure it will help to prevent climate change.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
djm

Post by djm »

So if you know your station, does that make you a stationer? And if the train's not moving, does that mean you are out of writing paper? :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

If YOUR train isn't moving, djm, that's because I've nailed the material to the wooden floor. :twisted:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
djm

Post by djm »

Careful! It tends to spatter when wet. :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.