Night Rambling

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Harry
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Night Rambling

Post by Harry »

To those who were enquiring about the availability of my new CD: its now up on the NPU on-line catalogue...

http://store.pipers.ie/store/product/13 ... on%2C-The/

...And it will soon be up on the Claddagh Records website. Copies are in the air bound for Philippe at Celticgrooves in the US.

Regards,

Harry.
fyffer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fyffer »

Well, I wasn't enquiring, but now I am ...
Got a track listing? Will this site ship to US?
Love your playing, Harry, and I'd love to hear what you've gotten yourself up to now ...

Cheers!

P.S. Anyone who puts a Van Gogh on their cover gets extra votes from me as well. What's the piece??
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I like dealing with Philippe, myself.
Great guy, good service.

Hope to catch that one soon, Harry, thanks...

M
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

Philippe at Celtic Grooves Imports ( http://celticgrooves.homestead.com/CGhome.html ) will definitely ship to the US. But at least as of this past Sunday when I saw him at the session, the carrier pigeon ferrying Harry's new CD over from Ireland hadn't reached him yet. You could contact him now and place an order, though, and as soon as he gets it he'll ship to you.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Dear Fyffer,

The pic is an acrylic on canvas painted by my missus and commissioned for the CD.

NPU will ship to the US, but I hope Philippe will receive copies soon; he's very kindly offered to donate his usual commission on sales back to 'Rokpa' (the charity that the CD will benefit).

Regards,

Harry
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Harry wrote:
The pic is an acrylic on canvas painted by my missus and commissioned for the CD.
A Missus Harry! She's very talented! :party:

M
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Thanks for letting us know Harry.
2 copies for the Copenhagen branch of the Chiff&Fipple empire are ordered from NPU :-)

cheers,
Jeroen
Markus

Post by Markus »

Got mine today. Lovely schtuff, I must say. Not that I was expecting it to be anything else. I especially enoy the warm soundscape [Is it the player? Is it the flute (wishful thinking...)? Is it the Trevor?] and certain choices of tunes. Bruce's March and The Shelf are still mighty... ;)
planxtydt

Post by planxtydt »

just ordered mine from NPU. What are the chances of getting it shipped from Dublin port to Belfast Port? Will it have its own container? :o

David
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

Markus wrote: Bruce's March and The Shelf are still mighty... ;)
Ah, The Shelf! I LOVE that northern polka and Harry's playing of it, and am happy to hear that it's on this CD. It's in one of the first sets of tunes on the classic recording Cosa gan Bhroga that was put out by Desi Wilkinson, Gerry O'Connor, and his late wife Eithne Ni Uallachain quite a few years back.
Arto_Vallivirta

Post by Arto_Vallivirta »

Great tunes and very nice playin'. I enjoyed.

/Arto
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Package arrived last saturday.
Thanks Harry for putting the good music out!

All great tunes, honest and energetic playing and a beautiful rendition of the Wounded Husar. There are not many airs on the flute that catch my attention, but this one I keep listening to.

Compliments to the missus for the cover and design.

cheers,
Jeroen
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

pixyy wrote:All great tunes, honest and energetic playing and a beautiful rendition of the Wounded Husar. There are not many airs on the flute that catch my attention, but this one I keep listening to.
I agree, it's a very, very nice CD. And I love the piano accompaniment which helps give the tunes a more classic/old sound. Super!