HOW TO RESIGN/QUIT!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
rh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rh »

djm wrote:
Tony wrote:Storming out of here ranting is just so 'spitting in the faces' of the people you once called friends.
Sometimes friends just have to let friends rant; blow off a bit of steam. Its nothing personal, and I don't take it that way. Sometimes people just get so frustrated with things they feel they can do nothing about, like the weather, or earthquakes (or moderators). :wink:

djm
And if we're referring to Steve here, i think we should cut him some slack; he's given his share of helpful advice over the years too. I didn't feel spat upon in the least by his exit. I wouldn't hold it against him if he returned (or if he did not).

FWIW usually i just disappear from lists/boards for a while and then either drop back in or not. I did make a public exit from an e-list to which i was a longtime prominent contributor over being attacked by a troll and watching the moderators first do nothing and then turn on me; that was a year ago and i have about zero intention of going back. So, while i personally don't feel like what happened around the rubber room is any big deal, i can understand the way Steve felt and i certainly am in no position to judge the appropriateness of his actions.
there is no end to the walking
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

rh wrote:
djm wrote:
Tony wrote:Storming out of here ranting is just so 'spitting in the faces' of the people you once called friends.
Sometimes friends just have to let friends rant; blow off a bit of steam. Its nothing personal, and I don't take it that way. Sometimes people just get so frustrated with things they feel they can do nothing about, like the weather, or earthquakes (or moderators). :wink:

djm
And if we're referring to Steve here, i think we should cut him some slack; he's given his share of helpful advice over the years too. I didn't feel spat upon in the least by his exit. I wouldn't hold it against him if he returned (or if he did not).

FWIW usually i just disappear from lists/boards for a while and then either drop back in or not. I did make a public exit from an e-list to which i was a longtime prominent contributor over being attacked by a troll and watching the moderators first do nothing and then turn on me; that was a year ago and i have about zero intention of going back. So, while i personally don't feel like what happened around the rubber room is any big deal, i can understand the way Steve felt and i certainly am in no position to judge the appropriateness of his actions.
For the most part, I tried to avoid even lurking in the rubber room. However, if there were more people in this world with the insight of rh and djm (see above), although there would never be agreement on issues pertaining to politics or religion, I doubt that we would need a rubber room in the first place.
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

RH... actually, it's a few things I'm pondering this week.
Perhaps Steve's departure made me re-think why we joined C&F in the first place.
I'm starting back (part-time) with a company that has many variances in the way things are manufactured. The owner once prided himself on a method of construction (the other woodworkers didn't do) that was part of our sales pitch. Now, it's made visually different... depending on who built the item. Rules and standards are needed.
There's another board that I've been following and I made one strong comment to someones rant/BLOG. It received much (negative) attention (read: way over the top) and now she's only approving favorable posts. She has repressed all of my subsequent posts/replies that I felt substantiated my initial statement. She continues to approve all favorable comments to her with the exception of one marginal disagreement and she quickly scolded him too. Fair play? NOT... It's her blog. she has that right.

C&F has been a way of life (read: obsession) for many of us. We come and go as we please, say (nearly) anything we want. It's our playground. (I feel) We must not loose sight or the respect of the other members.
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

I know what I know
I have seen what I have said
We come and we go
Its a thing that I do with the back of my head

- Paul Simon
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

djm wrote: Its a thing that I do with the back of my head

- Paul Simon
In soccer that's known as an accidental header unless it is really clumsy, resulting in an own goal, in which case it is known as a nutter, as is the owner of the head.
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

gonzo914 wrote:Just a quick reminder --

Membership in the Politics/Religion/Other Controversial Topics Online Limited Offer Gold Edition Exclusive forum and in the other premium channels will be non-refundable.

Keep this in mind if you plan on stomping out of here in a snit.

Or leaving in a huff.

A light blue, 1958 Huff 2-door, V-8, hardtop. Low mileage; only one owner.
You might want to consider offering a one time low cost trial membership. Or a partial refund if they agree to leave in a snit or stomp out in a huff as opposed to the usual way of stomping out in a snit or leaving in a huff.
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I realize this topic is in fun and all that, but let's try to avoid any questionable remarks about recent or past people who have left the boards... I think it would be in the best interest of keeping things here civil and non-defammatory... and I will do the same.

Thanks.

-J-
missy

Post by missy »

Joseph E. Smith wrote: I think it would be in the best interest of keeping things here civil and non-defammatory... and I will do the same.

Thanks.

-J-
no bodhran playing, huh?????
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Tom Cruise on a Crutch, are we still talking about this?

(Actually, I don't care, I just wanted an excuse to use that spiffy new swear word.)
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:let's try to avoid any questionable remarks about recent or past people who have left the boards
You're asking me to stop insulting Steve? You can't expect me to change the habits of a lunchtime.

Hang about a minute... I'm travelling down to his neck of the woods in a few weeks and he knows what town I'll be in...

Fine fellow he is, I've always been proud to know him. (Maybe I should have a pint of Doom Bar on hand just in case)
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

If Tony ever leaves, it will be a quiet riot. Nyuk.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.

Post by Tony »

The Weekenders wrote:If Tony ever leaves, it will be a quiet riot. Nyuk.
maybe FOR Quiet Riot :lol:

Quiet Riot regrouped nearly 2 years ago. New guitarist & new bass player. I caught them in concert last year. Very different sound now. :-(
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

djm wrote: Sometimes friends just have to let friends rant; blow off a bit of steam. Its nothing personal, and I don't take it that way. Sometimes people just get so frustrated with things they feel they can do nothing about, like the weather, or earthquakes (or moderators). :wink:

djm
Ayep. That's a truism.

Sometimes, people have enough time, energy and emotion invested in a group or place, that it not only makes a difference to them to be able to say why they feel moved to leave, but it can, and arguably should, make a difference to those they have been invested with to know... especially if those folks really give a flip about the person.
Last edited by anniemcu on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Tony wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:If Tony ever leaves, it will be a quiet riot. Nyuk.
maybe FOR Quiet Riot :lol:

Quiet Riot regrouped nearly 2 years ago. New guitarist & new bass player. I caught them in concert last year. Very different sound now. :-(
Did anybody legally to protect the name's use??
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Weeks...
QR reformed about 10 years ago. I'm not sure if the management company or the record company had rights to the name. Possibly the singer Kevin Dubrow, founding member owned the name.

I keep in touch (via e-mail) with a few members from my old band and (drummer) Frankie told us probably 6 years ago Kevin had missed a few tour dates that forced them cancel the tour and disband. I had asked if a regroup (with a different singer) was planned and he said no, because they were being billed as the original QR lineup. Now I suspect Kevin had rights to the name.

I got my normal Christmas & New Years greetings from him and a copy of their new CD. Maybe I'll ask a few questions about the new band and how things are going.