HOW TO RESIGN/QUIT!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

HOW TO RESIGN/QUIT!

Post by Tony »

We already know how to join Chiff & Fipple:
Help us help you!

I couldn't find any rules for departure. ;-)
This last episode of a rant and 10 pages of messages in less than 48 was pretty abrupt. In the future, couldn't this go smoother?

I guess there are 3 ways to go:

1. Silent method. Just go. If it's so bad here, just go. No announcement. No fanfare. Just go.

2. Leave by force. Annoy other members, ignore warnings by Administrators/Moderators. Get membership canceled AND history of all posts deleted. Do not pass GO and do not collect $200.

3. Leave by denounced membership. Notify Dale (via PM, e-mail, smoke signal) that you wish to have your membership canceled. He will see to it (like the CIA) and delete your membership, all history of your posts. Some elderly woman with 2 cats will occupy your apartment.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: HOW TO RESIGN/QUIT!

Post by Congratulations »

Tony wrote:Some elderly woman with 2 cats will occupy your apartment.
Only two?

Please don't delete my account. I've worked so hard on it, you know.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
fiddleronvermouth

Post by fiddleronvermouth »

Sorry to hear you're leaving, Tony... bye. :D
"Is that stupid? Maybe. But that's the way I am."

~Bill O'Reilly, The O'Reilly Factor for Kids
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

As a moderator on a local music site with 4000 members and 700 active members, I find that the vast majority of people who genuinely leave a site just do it. No fanfare, no big farewell, they just leave. Conversely the vast majority of people who post a dramatic "I'm leaving!" thread come back in a few months, the same with those who get their account deleted. They're usually back with a new username within weeks.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

chrisoff wrote:As a moderator on a local music site with 4000 members and 700 active members, I find that the vast majority of people who genuinely leave a site just do it. No fanfare, no big farewell, they just leave. Conversely the vast majority of people who post a dramatic "I'm leaving!" thread come back in a few months, the same with those who get their account deleted. They're usually back with a new username within weeks.
That makes sense: those who just leave are those who really just no longer care.

Those who post a dramatic exit thread really do care, and are usually leaving in protest over a specific thing, but who still see themselves as members of the community in exile.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I must admit that it's tempting, after all of this, to post that I am leaving too! Who doesn't want page upon page of people telling you how much they want you to stay ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
missy

Post by missy »

NOOOOOO!!!!

Izz don't go!!!!

You are wonderful!!!!

:D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

missy wrote:NOOOOOO!!!!

Izz don't go!!!!

You are wonderful!!!!

:D
YAY!! See? And I haven't even "officially" announced yet ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
dwinterfield

Re: HOW TO RESIGN/QUIT!

Post by dwinterfield »

Tony wrote:We already know how to join Chiff & Fipple:
Help us help you!

I couldn't find any rules for departure. ;-)
This last episode of a rant and 10 pages of messages in less than 48 was pretty abrupt. In the future, couldn't this go smoother?

I guess there are 3 ways to go:

1. Silent method. Just go. If it's so bad here, just go. No announcement. No fanfare. Just go.

2. Leave by force. Annoy other members, ignore warnings by Administrators/Moderators. Get membership canceled AND history of all posts deleted. Do not pass GO and do not collect $200.

3. Leave by denounced membership. Notify Dale (via PM, e-mail, smoke signal) that you wish to have your membership canceled. He will see to it (like the CIA) and delete your membership, all history of your posts. Some elderly woman with 2 cats will occupy your apartment.
Items one and three are most helpful for those contemplating leaving. Do they also apply to resignation and retirement?

I'm wondering if one gets to maintain health coverage when departing by method one or three?

As for method two, would it have any impact on a whistler's Chiff and Fipple pension?
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

izzarina wrote:I must admit that it's tempting, after all of this, to post that I am leaving too! Who doesn't want page upon page of people telling you how much they want you to stay ;)
Hey Yeah!!!

WaaaaaaH! Not izzzyyyyy tooooooooooooo

Aaaaaaaaaauuuuuuurrrrrgggghhhhhhhh!

M
:party:
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

fiddleronvermouth wrote:Sorry to hear you're leaving, Tony... bye. :D
:o

Certainly last year when I was down to $14, no income and over the limit with 3 credit cards. The thought of 'bailing out' for a while was considered.

Typically... my protocol is method #1

I'm hosting nearly 100 active photos and MP3 files for me and a few C&F members.
This will be a royal pain when I decide to switch webhosts.
Over the years, I've received many thank you e-mails for the advice I've given
{be it accurate or not ;-)}
I cannot say it didn't have a price
{countless hours of websearches, etc.}

Should something I say... be so offensive that it couldn't be resolved by censorship, moderation or deletion then maybe Method #3 would be the correct option.

Storming out of here ranting is just so 'spitting in the faces' of the people you once called friends.
djm

Post by djm »

izzarina wrote:I must admit that it's tempting, after all of this, to post that I am leaving too! Who doesn't want page upon page of people telling you how much they want you to stay
That hasn't been my experience. Hmmmm :oops:
Tony wrote:Storming out of here ranting is just so 'spitting in the faces' of the people you once called friends.
Sometimes friends just have to let friends rant; blow off a bit of steam. Its nothing personal, and I don't take it that way. Sometimes people just get so frustrated with things they feel they can do nothing about, like the weather, or earthquakes (or moderators). :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Just a quick reminder --

Membership in the Politics/Religion/Other Controversial Topics Online Limited Offer Gold Edition Exclusive forum and in the other premium channels will be non-refundable.

Keep this in mind if you plan on stomping out of here in a snit.

Or leaving in a huff.

A light blue, 1958 Huff 2-door, V-8, hardtop. Low mileage; only one owner.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
missy

Post by missy »

gonzo914 wrote:
Membership in the Politics/Religion/Other Controversial Topics Online Limited Offer Gold Edition Exclusive forum and in the other premium channels will be non-refundable.
not only that - it should be like a cell phone contract and COST you money to leave!!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I've had enough of you lot. I'm off. I'm gonna join a political website and post about whistles.

Yeah, OK, I'll be back after I've made myself a coffee.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)