Exploratory Committee

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chrisoff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Exploratory Committee

Post by chrisoff »

Innocent Bystander wrote: I move for banning all telephone rings on TV as well. I can always tell if it's the TV, but my wife asks "Is that ours?" EVERY TIME!
Do like me and get a phone that sounds like a cow. Only problem is when you're watching programs about vets...
jkwest
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

My home phone ringtone is "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service...

but lately...UPS has been using that song on their t.v. spots.... low and behold...I have that exact problem...I'll be in the kitchen cooking something and I'll yell down the hall, "Phone!" and all the kids just laugh at me... :cry:
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I set my cel phone ring to a cat's meow so I can tell it apart from everybody else's. Problem is I get looks every time it goes off.

This has been "Marginally Related Posts" by Congratulations. Thank you for viewing.
Last edited by Congratulations on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

How about a universal and unique phone ring that will be used on TV and radio only? I'd vote for that.

My problem is that one of my bandsaws occasionally makes a sound similar to my phone, so I'll be cutting something and have to stop, & pull off my ear protectors to see if it is really the phone....
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
missy

Post by missy »

harpmaker wrote:
My problem is that one of my bandsaws occasionally makes a sound similar to my phone, so I'll be cutting something and have to stop, & pull off my ear protectors to see if it is really the phone....
of course, he means his land line, and not his cell phone - BECAUSE he never TURNS his CELL PHONE ON!!!!! :P
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

harpmaker wrote:How about a universal and unique phone ring that will be used on TV and radio only? I'd vote for that.
I think that if the phone rings on a television show, the producer should have to yell, "PHONE. PHONE. PHONE." from off-camera.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

missy wrote:
harpmaker wrote:
of course, he means his land line, and not his cell phone - BECAUSE he never TURNS his CELL PHONE ON!!!!! :P
You can't say that anymore Missy...these days I leave it on petty much all the time

Now if I could just find it before it quits ringing and goes to voice mail....
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
djm

Post by djm »

I don't have a cell phone, but if I did, I'd like the ringtone to be the opening riff from Purple Haze.

Go ahead. Try and confuse that with anything else! :really:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
A-Musing

Post by A-Musing »

As I recall, Puple Haze was INHERENTLY Confusing.
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
Denny

Post by Denny »

A-Musing wrote:As I recall, Puple Haze was INHERENTLY Confusing.
did ya know anyone that minded?
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

harpmaker wrote:How about a universal and unique phone ring that will be used on TV and radio only? I'd vote for that.
As soon as that happened a load of cretins would use it for their mobile phone ringtone. Like the one from 24 a couple of years ago. We had 3 or 4 people in our office with the CTU ringtone and it just got bloody annoying really quickly.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

fiddleronvermouth wrote:This thread obviously belongs in the political forum. :P
:lol:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Oh!!!! Dale!!! Can I pretty please have a cabinet seat?? I've always wanted to be on the cabinet. I'm thinking Secretary of Labour would be good...goodness knows I have loads of labour experience!

:wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

izzarina wrote:Oh!!!! Dale!!! Can I pretty please have a cabinet seat?? I've always wanted to be on the cabinet. I'm thinking Secretary of Labour would be good...goodness knows I have loads of labour experience!

:wink:
Why the cabinet? Why not the sink or stove or dishwasher? :P