I am fed up and I am going.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fiddleronvermouth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fiddleronvermouth »

Cynth wrote:I haven't been there for awhile so I haven't seen the behavior that caused this little upset, but people who think the moderators are picking on their side probably could benefit from a vacation. I mean, dang, they've gotten me a few times but it's been pretty clear they roped in a few others too :lol:.
Cynth, perhaps I’m misinterpreting your comments, but you start out telling us you haven't been there enough to know, but then continue by telling us what happened and why. I stand by everything I've said regarding the moderation and I base it on what happened as a regular participant. Steve also bases his opinions on his personal experience, and he feels so strongly that he's withdrawn from the board. Now you say we “probably could benefit from a vacation" based on a hunch you have about what happened without actually knowing for yourself. Do you think that's very useful or constructive? Do you think Steve would appreciate you characterizing his heart-felt and difficult decision to leave the board as just a needed vacation because his reasons were flawed?

I'm trying my best to engage in an honest discussion here about the political forum, and I appreciate the fact that Dale is listening and letting it continue. But telling us we “probably could benefit from a vacation" doesn't exactly seem to me to add anything useful to a community such as this attempting to reconcile something. Just because we have questions and disagreements about how the political forum was moderated doesn’t automatically mean it’s our fault and we should hit the road for our own good. But like I said, I’m probably misinterpreting your comments.
"Is that stupid? Maybe. But that's the way I am."

~Bill O'Reilly, The O'Reilly Factor for Kids
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

(I'm a little angry.)

In case anyone might have possibly missed it, let it be known once and for all that fidderonvermouth objects to the way the Political forum has been moderated. She believes the moderators were unfair and biased.

Now, let this be the FINAL NOTICE that fiddleronvermouth objects to the way the moderators have handled the Politics forum. Let if further be noted that the moderators are aware of this. And finally, I will invoke my rarely used privilege to have the LAST WORD on fiddleronvermouth's objections which, on her behalf, I have decided to use NOT TO DEFEND the moderator's actions but to state, for a final time, that fiddler objects to the way the moderators have handled the politics forum.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Dale wrote:
beowulf573 wrote:
Dale wrote:I just deleted some posts on this thread. I don't think we want to start talking about Iraq here. We know where that'll go.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.
Right you are. Then who you gonna call?
Post Busters!!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
oleorezinator
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

lock it up
into shape
lock it down
get it straight
go backwards
not ahead
try to deflect it
it's not too late
to lock it
lock it good
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
missy

Post by missy »

Dale wrote:(I'm a little angry.)

etcetcetc........
but...... but....... Dale, how do you REALLY feel?????
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

oleorezinator wrote:lock it up
into shape
lock it down
get it straight
go backwards
not ahead
try to deflect it
it's not too late
to lock it
lock it good
... well, that just sent me reeling down memory lane. :lol:
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Those of you still missing Steve, might I suggest a few hours at the range to improve your aim?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I didn't spend a lot of time in it, but I'll miss the Rubber Room. Some of the moderator's actions there surprised me, but I'm not the smartest kid on the block, and it's not MY football. It did think Steve was letting his temper slip by inches in the days before it shut.

Maybe part of the problem is everyone trying to remember they aren't still in their own living room.

One of the other sites I'm on has a "battle" feature. People post in the regular way. But everyone has hit points and experience points, and members can kill one another. They revive after a few hours. Maybe that would be the right way to go in the rubber room.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Well, now that I finally understand how fiddler feels about it, I can rest easy. This is too much energy to spend! Let's get back to work, go for a walk with your kid or your dog, take a picture of a snowbank, send some money to a favorite charity (see "Save Darfur" above), read a wholesome novel (I stress "wholesome") or, better yet, the autobiography of someone you admire...

Much as I enjoy this place, it's a message board on a whistle site. I've been here for almost five years and loved almost every minute. I hated when the political board turned ugly--and it did far too often. I don't think there's any way to have something as controversial as a political/religious board without some pretty strong feelings being expressed and they will invariably get personal and mean. Nobody could moderate something like that to everyone's satisfaction. Lots of times it's not what's said, it's how it's said--and that's really hard to quantify for moderation. Once again, I vote to let it die and never resurrect it--wait, can I vote twice?

The most important thing for me today is that it's my daughter's 25th birthday. I used to pray that I'd be allowed to live until she was 12 so she would have a say in where she lived (back in my praying days, that is). And now she's a wonderful, intelligent, loving, tenderhearted 25-year-old. The two of us (her boyfriend is working at the Sundance Film Festival) are going out for Mexican food and margaritas. That's the most important thing (the birthday, I mean...well, that and the margaritas).

Susan
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Had my proposed Gold Edition Exclusive program been in place, Dale, you would have still been angry, but you would have had 400 dollars to be angry with. That is assuming, of course, that fiddler had bought the Gold membership, but had she not . . . well, then you woudn't have been angry.

(I'm starting to take to this entrepreneurship thing with all the zeal of a revival tent convert.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

susnfx wrote:The most important thing for me today is that it's my daughter's 25th birthday.
Happy birthday to Susan's daughter!!! :party:

(and yes, I AM hijacking this thread, so there. That old curmudgeon doesn't need everyone here gushing over him. It'll make him worse :lol: )

:twisted:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
djm

Post by djm »

So let me make sure I understand this: you're saying that FoV was in fact NOT happy with the moderating on the PoliCon forum? Is that right? Did I get it correctly, or am I at variance on some point? Just tring to follow the conversation.
anniemcu wrote:Post Busters!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

djm wrote:So let me make sure I understand this: you're saying that FoV was in fact NOT happy with the moderating on the PoliCon forum? Is that right? Did I get it correctly, or am I at variance on some point? Just tring to follow the conversation.
No no no no no!! You've got it all wrong!!! FoV wasn't in the least happy with the moderation by the moderators when it came to moderating the Poly-con forum... not one iota happy. She was unhappy about it to the max... like, totally unhappy.

Jeez djm, get it right for Pete's sake!!!! :evil:
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

susnfx wrote:The most important thing for me today is that it's my daughter's 25th birthday. I used to pray that I'd be allowed to live until she was 12 so she would have a say in where she lived (back in my praying days, that is). And now she's a wonderful, intelligent, loving, tenderhearted 25-year-old. The two of us (her boyfriend is working at the Sundance Film Festival) are going out for Mexican food and margaritas. That's the most important thing (the birthday, I mean...well, that and the margaritas).Susan
DANGER DANGER - You're displaying symtoms that indicate you're at high risk on not being dangerously self absorded.
djm

Post by djm »

JES wrote:Jeez djm, get it right for Pete's sake!!!!
:oops: God, I feel like such a clutz. Sorry.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.