We're Mainstream Now

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

.....as Pete Townshend's eyes light up at the prospect of YET FURTHER commercial jingle royalties on his old warhorse! T-t-t-talking about some golden parachute!!!! :boggle:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Charbuque
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Charbuque »

Mitch wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Keep calm. We've been through this before.
Dr Who played a pennywhistle in one incarnation, didn't he?

But he didn't even use the piper's grip, for goodness sake!
Arrrr but!

One of the first in his grip was a piper by the name of Angus! No?
And Billie 'Piper' played Rose Tyler in the last series. You might be onto something.
Cogito ergo sum - cogito.
kaitlyn

Post by kaitlyn »

Scary stuff to begin a weekend with.... :boggle:
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Keep calm.
Google search entries
Recorder 82 945 177.42
Point is, out of the 82 945 177.42 entries 82 640 261.38 are non-musical recorders. As in video, tape, tax, etc ones.
BEC

Post by BEC »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Keep calm. We've been through this before.
Dr Who played a pennywhistle in one incarnation, didn't he?
The second Doctor (portrayed by Patrick Troughton) played a soprano recorder......

I play both recorders and whistles in our little church music group. Most of the time compliments I get are for my "flute" playing either way.....
walrii

Post by walrii »

Unfortunately, I continued musing about the world where whistles are mainstream. When I tried to imagine Jerry or Mack sitting in a gray cubicle wearing a white shirt/dark tie and designing the "Bratz Whistle," my brain short circuited and I passed out.

While I was out, I saw Dale standing on a stage and collecting $2.9 billion check from Time-Warner, Inc. for the Chiff & Fipple website. Dale was smiling because he could now join the elite group of network news anchors, Hollywood A-list actors, NFL quarterbacks and Donald Trump as the only people rich enough to attend a Cherish the Ladies concert.

Luckily, the cap was still off the Powers bottle and I revived with no ill effects other than a burning desire to purchase a Generation whistle then post a long diatribe about its tuning/quality control/raspiness. Oh wait, I had that desire before I passed out...in fact I've already purchased the whistle...or two...hmmm, this could be worse than I thought...
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
nikiarrowsmith

Post by nikiarrowsmith »

walrii wrote: When I tried to imagine Jerry or Mack sitting in a gray cubicle wearing a white shirt/dark tie and designing the "Bratz Whistle," my brain short circuited and I passed out.
I nearly passed out from how funny that image is
walrii wrote: While I was out, I saw Dale standing on a stage and collecting $2.9 billion check from Time-Warner, Inc. for the Chiff & Fipple website. Dale was smiling because he could now join the elite group of network news anchors, Hollywood A-list actors, NFL quarterbacks and Donald Trump as the only people rich enough to attend a Cherish the Ladies concert.
Incredibly ironic.

But really, does anyone honestly think the whistle will become mainstream anytime soon? And in view of our love for ITM, it's strange (but understandable) that we wouldn't want it played on every street corner in Manhattan or LA, even.
walrii

Post by walrii »

I agree with you, niki. I don't think we'll be seeing the "Bratz Whistle" anytime soon. If we do, I'n gonnna need a lot more Powers...
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
nikiarrowsmith

Post by nikiarrowsmith »

walrii wrote:I agree with you, niki. I don't think we'll be seeing the "Bratz Whistle" anytime soon. If we do, I'n gonnna need a lot more Powers...
Walrus powers?
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I was just sitting there grinding-out the stub end of a generation Bb on the carpet, the last in a pack of 20 filter-tip, when I happened to glance at my wrist Abell and noticed it was high time to end this game - I had a full boat - Ds over Cs. Just then Louey caught Fred with a susato high G up his sleeve and pulled a chieftain low D. The table went flying amidst a barage of taps rolls and crans, whistles were flying like confetti. I high tailed it out the back just in time to escape the cops who hade broken in the front door and were plying skulls with sweathearts - now that's resonance!

Life's just one long session in the big city.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

Mitch wrote:I was just sitting there grinding-out the stub end of a generation Bb on the carpet, the last in a pack of 20 filter-tip, when I happened to glance at my wrist Abell and noticed it was high time to end this game - I had a full boat - Ds over Cs. Just then Louey caught Fred with a susato high G up his sleeve and pulled a chieftain low D. The table went flying amidst a barage of taps rolls and crans, whistles were flying like confetti. I high tailed it out the back just in time to escape the cops who hade broken in the front door and were plying skulls with sweathearts - now that's resonance!

Mitch,

If you ever write a book, I'll be first in line to buy it . . .
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

shadeclan wrote:
Mitch wrote:I was just sitting there grinding-out the stub end of a generation Bb on the carpet, the last in a pack of 20 filter-tip, when I happened to glance at my wrist Abell and noticed it was high time to end this game - I had a full boat - Ds over Cs. Just then Louey caught Fred with a susato high G up his sleeve and pulled a chieftain low D. The table went flying amidst a barage of taps rolls and crans, whistles were flying like confetti. I high tailed it out the back just in time to escape the cops who hade broken in the front door and were plying skulls with sweathearts - now that's resonance!

Mitch,

If you ever write a book, I'll be first in line to buy it . . .
Hey - I'm only practicing this revisionist prose for when Dale takes his place in the Oval Office and we start re-writing the history books. I'm just a bit stuck on how dropping a couple of very large Grinters on Japan was a needless waste given that the war was pretty much over... and whether or not it's wise to change the name to "The Oval Orifice" - perhapse "The Oval Embouchure"?? :-?
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

Mitch, you're just too much :lol: :lol: :lol:
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler