SPOGGA; Snookers Cancer Benefit - Providence RI 01/15/07

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

SPOGGA; Snookers Cancer Benefit - Providence RI 01/15/07

Post by anniemcu »

No where near ITRAD, but I'm sure many of us can relate... I know exactly what he's going through, having lost my big bro to cancer 5 years ago. I miss the big galute and we sure do miss his music!

Somebody go for me!

-------------------------

NEWS RELEASE

January 10, 2007

Bob Cooper - prguynow@yahoo.com, (401) 447-6474 Days and Evenings
Ellen Friedman, elcj7@aol.com, 241-0682
M.Spogga Hashaway, 646-334-4488, snookerscancerbenefit@yahoo.com

CANCER BENEFIT SLATED

Musician / Showman SPOGGA to support Brother's plight

(Cumberland, Rhode Island, USA) Noted New England performer, showman and musician SPOGGA will host a cancer benefit at Snookers Lounge in Providence on Monday, January 15th.

SPOGGA, a staple of the AS220 arts community and noted for his unique songwriting, fire dancing and showmanship is best known locally for his work with Providence' Waterfire and made news internationally last year with his song “Angelina.”

Musicians slated to perform currently include Bluegrass with No Spare Parts; Tama Girard; Spogga and Mike Sahagian. Minimum donation is $20 at the door. The event promises raffles, prizes and fun for all and is slated for Martin Luther King day which is also Spogga’s birthday.

Known for his charity work, SPOGGA recently discovered that cancer can hit close to home as his eldest brother William (Hash) Hashway has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

“Spogga has always been there for others at charity events like this,” said Ellen Friedman, co-chair of the event. “But with his own brother now terminal, and his family being Rhode Islanders, we just had to do something to help.”

Donations can be made at the door, or sent to M.B.K. Studios, c/o SPOGGA, 3 Quail Street, Cumberland, RI 02864 or online at http://www.myspace.com/spoggacancerbenefit.

Snookers Pool Hall and Lounge is located at 145 Clifford Street, Providence, RI 02903

401-351-POOL.
- 30 -

More Spogga info at www.spoggasaga.com or www.spogga.com
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
fyffer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fyffer »

WOW! I'll definitely go!

Here's the "small world" thing:
My brother, who is a phenomenal drummer, just started playing with Spogga (a.k.a. Matt) whom he knows from Summer camp from years ago.
It sounds like my bro may be there, so I'll definitely try to check it out!

Thanks for the note, and I'll go call my brother right now to see if he's involved!

:)
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|