Cocaine traces on Dublin banknotes

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
susnfx wrote:I can't decide which bothers me more: cocaine on money or fecal matter on shopping cart handles....

Susan
... well, I now know that I'll never get any sleep, ever again... :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I have to go grocery shopping, now. Ew. Ew.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bradhurley »

Or insect parts in orange juice concentrate. I remember Consumer Reports did a review many years ago on orange juice, and they ranked the brands based on which ones had the fewest insect parts -- in other words they ALL contained insect parts, just some brands consistently had more insect parts than others. I hope in the intervening years that problem has been addressed, but it did turn me off orange juice for a while and I squeezed my own for many years.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

bradhurley wrote:Or insect parts in orange juice concentrate. I remember Consumer Reports did a review many years ago on orange juice, and they ranked the brands based on which ones had the fewest insect parts -- in other words they ALL contained insect parts, just some brands consistently had more insect parts than others. I hope in the intervening years that problem has been addressed, but it did turn me off orange juice for a while and I squeezed my own for many years.
Ever watch wine grapes being pressed? Of course the eventual alcohol works on all the bug(mostly spider) mush, but we had lots of neighbors who would catch the juice as it came out of the press to drink. Tasty,yes, if you don't think what's in that juice.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

There have been tests done on shopping cart handles and fecal matter was, indeed, one of the lovely things found. I usually carry little individually-wrapped wipes in my purse and won't touch a cart handle without wiping it off. I've even gone so far as to pull my hands inside my coat sleeves and push the cart with that protection. Some stores now supply wipes at the cart area for wiping off the handles.

Susan
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Just don't ask how many frogs can make it through in wine....blech...

I'm serious...
brianc

Post by brianc »

Better to have a fly in your soup than no meat at all.

- Anonymous

Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Walden wrote:Yeah, but what's the cocaine content of the fecal matter on the shopping cart handles?
Brings back memories of Cheech and Chong... :lol:
"You mean I'm smokin' dog s***?"
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

susnfx wrote:There have been tests done on shopping cart handles and fecal matter was, indeed, one of the lovely things found. I usually carry little individually-wrapped wipes in my purse and won't touch a cart handle without wiping it off. I've even gone so far as to pull my hands inside my coat sleeves and push the cart with that protection. Some stores now supply wipes at the cart area for wiping off the handles.

Susan
That seems absurdly paranoid. Surely if you take that to it's logical conclusion you shouldn't touch anything in a public space?

As long as you wash your hands before eating etc. then you'll be fine.

But I'd still stear clear of snacks in bars, too many men eating them that don't wash before leaving the gents.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

chrisoff wrote:
susnfx wrote:There have been tests done on shopping cart handles and fecal matter was, indeed, one of the lovely things found. I usually carry little individually-wrapped wipes in my purse and won't touch a cart handle without wiping it off. I've even gone so far as to pull my hands inside my coat sleeves and push the cart with that protection. Some stores now supply wipes at the cart area for wiping off the handles.

Susan
That seems absurdly paranoid. Surely if you take that to it's logical conclusion you shouldn't touch anything in a public space?

As long as you wash your hands before eating etc. then you'll be fine.

But I'd still stear clear of snacks in bars, too many men eating them that don't wash before leaving the gents.
Holy Fuc*!!!! :shock: I'm never leaving my frickin' home again, that's it, finito and so on... although, come to think of it, every time one flushes the toilet, a fecal mist permeates the entire house, lid up or down... seriously. Great, I'm just going to have to end it all... this is not turning out to be my day.... *sigh*... :swear:
djm

Post by djm »

Gosh, Joe, you sound a bit pooped! :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

djm wrote:Gosh, Joe, you sound a bit pooped! :o

djm
Yes, I'm having the crap scared out of me today. :lol:
Denny

Post by Denny »

Joe's fecal mist...sounds like a name for something...
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

I saw an episode of Mythbusters recently that tested how much fecal matter congregated on your toothbrush over the course of a month. Turns out it's a lot.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

There was another one recently where they tested women's handbags for bacteria. Ofcourse the bags would be parked on the floor where ever the ladies went, pubs, toilets etc and slapped bang on the the kitchen table or worktop on arrival home. Anyhow, fecal matter was the least of their worries, salmonella turned up a good few times as well.

But I don't understand the panic some people have (see the whistletesting threads that 'gross out' some). What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Image
djm

Post by djm »

Denny wrote:Joe's fecal mist...sounds like a name for something...
Careful there, Denny. I once made a joke about Joseph in Florida's fascination with reed making, caling it Flo-Joe's Reeds, and damned if he didn't start his own company up called Flo-Joe's Reeds. The idea of Joe's Fecal Mist just scares the heck outa me! :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.