Bad, very bad science-fiction

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Tyler Morris wrote: Uh, are you having a mental dichotomy? :lol:
for all it's failings, Voyager didn't tread all over the franchise's established history and lay waste to thirty years of bulding that history...
Maybe you're just not a real Trek fan :P :D
Hehe, you're right, I'm not a Star Trek fan and never have been. I always saw it as a soap opera in space.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

harpmaker wrote:At one time or another, I both enjoyed and was also disappointed by all of the Trek series. But never to the point of arguing over continuity and revision of history etc. It was just a TV show!
Exactly! I loved the original ST when I was young, but now it makes me cringe. I enjoyed Next Gen at first, but soon became bored. The rest (DS9, Voyager, Enterprise) just never interested me.

My all-time favorite SF TV shows are Firefly and Babylon 5; I have them both on DVD. Farscape, Stargate SG1 and others that I've tried to watch just didn't measure up.

I haven't seen the new Battlestar Galactica, so I can't comment on it. (I didn't like the original BSG, so I ignored the new BSG when it came out. Now, I'm so far behind I doubt I'll bother trying to catch up.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

harpmaker wrote:At one time or another, I both enjoyed and was also disappointed by all of the Trek series. But never to the point of arguing over continuity and revision of history etc. It was just a TV show!
:lol: this coming from one of the guys who might be found arguing any equally pointless matters in the rubber room? :lol:

okay, I'm just kidding... :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

jsluder wrote:(I didn't like the original BSG, so I ignored the new BSG when it came out. Now, I'm so far behind I doubt I'll bother trying to catch up.)
Slude, you owe it to yourself to somehow obtain the first season and watch it.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
harpmaker

Post by harpmaker »

Tyler Morris wrote:
:lol: this coming from one of the guys who might be found arguing any equally pointless matters in the rubber room? :lol:

Shhh..don't let the others hear you call the discussions pointless. Someone might accuse you of being brainwashed :lol:
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I haven't seen the new Battlestar Galactica, so I can't comment on it. (I didn't like the original BSG, so I ignored the new BSG when it came out. Now, I'm so far behind I doubt I'll bother trying to catch up.)
The whole thing is available on dvd. I've rented them all from netflix. There is a pilot episode, then season 1.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

TonyHiggins wrote:There is a pilot episode, then season 1.
Well, the pilot episode is actually a 4-hour miniseries, if I'm not mistaken.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

My reason for mentioning it was that I got mixed up with figuring out what to rent. I watched the pilot, then disc 2 of season one, so I saw disc 1/season 1 out of sequence, which enraged me. :swear:

You need to rent the pilot, then disc1/season1, etc. Seems obvious in retrospect.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

harpmaker wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:

Shhh..don't let the others hear you call the discussions pointless. Someone might accuse you of being brainwashed :lol:
:D :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown