Musical Christmas, how about yours

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Aanvil
antispam: No

Post by Aanvil »

A KWL Chieftain tunable low D.

I'm primarly playing flute now so I had no problems with it right out of the box.

Well made... I've never seen one close up and its a real joy to behold.

Gotta sit up straight and hold in that gut though... it won't put up with any slouching! :D

Oh... and...

The yellow book of Irish tunes and a number of other books on accoustics/music theory/instument making.

I'm gonna have a busy new year. :party:
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
NoMattch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by NoMattch »

I got a Sweetheart Low D keyless flute & case...it should be fun to learn. :)
I'm already getting some decent noise out of it. Getting the embouchure down is frustrating, though. I'll pick it up and play with no problems. Then I'll go back to it 5 minutes later and have a difficult time getting sound out of it. Patience isn't one of my typical traits so we'll see who wins.

Now I'll have to avoid the WHOA for what I didn't get. :P
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I got a Harpsicle (so I don't go into harp withdrawals when I'm travelling):

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
anam cara

Post by anam cara »

I didn't get any instruments for christmas, but I did get the new Loreena Mckennitt CD :) Also, I got to play my whistle at both Christmas get togethers and surprised both sides of the family (no one knew that I was learning to play).
Frogwing

Post by Frogwing »

Back from holiday and everything and wanted to show a present and hope everyone had a nice holiday!

My sister made me this wonderful bag for the couple of whistles I have, in crushed velvet with two elastic holding straps inside to keep the whistles apart and a nice padding to protect them. I'm really happy for it! She's not even used to sewing, must have put quite a bit of work in it.

I have I nice picture I was going to post but I don't know how. Can you only post a picture if you already have it on some webpage?[/img]
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Frogwing wrote: Can you only post a picture if you already have it on some webpage?
Yes, you are correct. You could store it on some website like ImageShack for free, that's what I do.

http://www.imageshack.us/

Let me know if this doesn't help you because we love to see photos!

I was really hoping to see a photo of all the recorders in their knitted protection covers which were mentioned in the first post as well. I have to admit it sounds a little funny, but nice funny :lol:.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
phoebe

Post by phoebe »

I got a beautiful hammered dulcimer (perhaps a hint to lay off the whistle for a while? :wink: ) and two albums of my favorite singer, Tom Waits.
I gave one whistle to my daughter and one electronic tuner to my son-in-law.
Best muscial part of the holidays was the guitar/whistle/ukulele/Irish drum/tamborine jam on New Year's day.
Now if I can just learn to play that dulcimer.
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

I got a digeridoo (sp?) from my mother, and a StewMac build-it-yerself 'Campfire' mandolin kit from my marvellous wife, who just keeps on feeding my MAS (mando version of WhOA) by either buying me mandolins (this is the second) or by saying "You'd better get one of those" when she sees me ogling new instruments. Fortunately, those I covet are all inexpensive.

Haven't blown the didge yet as I'm waiting for lessons from a mate who is a brilliant player.

The mando is coming along nicely. Just assembling the top, back and sides together. It's fitting the frets that I'm a bit apprehensive about... :o

It was a great gift. I feel a mandolin-building hobby developing.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Frogwing

Post by Frogwing »

Let's see if I can get this image to show..
The lovely bag made by my sister, as mentioned above, and the nice book underneath is a present as well.