The most wonderful Christmas gift

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

The most wonderful Christmas gift

Post by Tyler »

The gift of life was given to my sister-in-law on Christmas morning.
Addison and Elizabeth were born around 7 AM, December 25th, 2006.
5 lbs 4 oz and 4 lbs 9 oz, respectively.
Every time I become an uncle again reminds me what awesome responsibility I have to those who will follow after.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
emmline

Post by emmline »

Nice Tyler. That's really sweet. Those kids are going to be fighting for birthday-not-Christmas recognition for years to come, aren't they?
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

emmline wrote:Nice Tyler. That's really sweet. Those kids are going to be fighting for birthday-not-Christmas recognition for years to come, aren't they?
Yeah, that seems to be par in our family though; my wife's birthday is January 2, my sister's is January 8th, two of my bro-in-laws are in December, my father is in November, and one of my other sister's is on July 3rd. (I think we just breed wierd)
The eldest of my three younger sisters' birthday is two weeks before mine, and her husband's birthday is one week after that, so I've become used to "combined celebrations" :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Maybe they could have half-birthday parties on June 25th?
CountryKitty
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by CountryKitty »

AWESOME! Congratulations to your whole family on the new additions. New little ones to love and love you back are truly the most wonderful gift.

I know twins are often early and usually smaller than singles, but from their weights I take it that they were extra early? If so, pass this on when they scare your sister-in-law and hubby half to death with statistics about higher rates of problems among low birth weight or premature babies: My son was 2 months early, and after I worried myself half sick about him, my hubby pointed out--"Honey, how many crack babies got factored into those statistics?" Benjamin Ronald is 14 1/2 years old, 1/2" shy of 6' tall, has a touch of ADD (runs in the family), surprises his teachers with his vocabulary and grasp of the sciences, and is a healthy and happy and loving person (He's not too macho to kiss Mom on the nose, or on the top of the head when I'm on the computer). Last night, his 3 year old nephew was terribly shy and wouldn't come into the room with the rest of the family...in 10 minutes Ben was romping around with him in the next room, with little Matt laughing and giggling non-stop.

With twins, she's gonna have her hands full without people throwing scary statistics at her.
Sliabh Luachra

Re: The most wonderful Christmas gift

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

Tyler Morris wrote: Every time I become an uncle again reminds me what awesome responsibility I have to those who will follow after.
Already got them that double drum set for next Christmas then? :lol:

Congratulations Uncle Tyler!

Mark
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Best Wishes on a doubly renewed Uncleship.

Just exactly how avuncular are you?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Tyler Morris wrote:
emmline wrote:Nice Tyler. That's really sweet. Those kids are going to be fighting for birthday-not-Christmas recognition for years to come, aren't they?
Yeah, that seems to be par in our family though; my wife's birthday is January 2, my sister's is January 8th, two of my bro-in-laws are in December, my father is in November, and one of my other sister's is on July 3rd. (I think we just breed wierd)
The eldest of my three younger sisters' birthday is two weeks before mine, and her husband's birthday is one week after that, so I've become used to "combined celebrations" :D
So ... what is it about April that brings out the ...um... 'necessary closeness' that causes this burst of births in Late December/early/January?
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Tyler Morris wrote:The gift of life was given to my sister-in-law on Christmas morning.
Every time I become an uncle again reminds me what awesome responsibility I have to those who will follow after.
You look like House.
Reasonable person
Walden
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Walden wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:The gift of life was given to my sister-in-law on Christmas morning.
You look like House.
Yes, and the quote at the bottom of his page even sounds a little bit like House.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

anniemcu wrote:So ... what is it about April that brings out the ...um... 'necessary closeness' that causes this burst of births in Late December/early/January?
Spring! Everyone gets "twitterpated" in the Spring, didn't you know that, Annie? :lol: We have 4 in January, and 2 in early February, so I'm an authority on the subject :wink:

Congratulations, Tyler! That's very awesome!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Best Wishes on a doubly renewed Uncleship.

Just exactly how avuncular are you?
I've got three other nieces and one nephew on my wife's side of the family, and one nephew on my side of the family.
They're all under the age of eight, so it provides ample oportunity for spoiling and giving my daughter the much-needed sleepover time with her cousins (i.e. mom and dad wanna go out, see a movie, have a quiet dinner and do the naughty) :D
chas

Post by chas »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Between my family, my wife's, and my daughter's godmother, we have about ten birthdays between a week before Christmas and two weeks after. I really don't do birthdays, but my wife does, and most years she just goes nuts in early December.

Congratulations to your SIL on the twins. They're big enough, sounds like they won't even need to spend much extra time in the hospital.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

CountryKitty wrote: With twins, she's gonna have her hands full . . .
No kidding. The parents won't be sleeping at all until next Christmas. (Those of you who have your babies one at a time are slackers.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Walden wrote:
You look like House.
Which would make us relatives, and trust me, House of 'House' fame does carry some of the family traits. :really: :lol:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com