Nigerian Scam Gets Religion

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Dale recently posted a thread about the Nigerian scams. I just received a new version of it from Zimbabwe:

<b>Attn: Aaron Walden

My Dear Brother in Christ,
May the everlasting peace of our God Almighty be with you and your house hold Amen.

Brother, it was out of my sincere desire that I wished to share with you the blessings God has showered upon me and my Family. Before I proceed I would like to humbly introduce myself to you.

I am Bro Michael Ndlovu, a student of St. Stephen's Bible college in Ekwuluobia Local Government Area of Harare, Zimbabwe, the first Son of Late Rev. Dr. Samuel Ndlovu, the Founder of the Redeemed Pilgrim Church of God in the Harare Zimbabwe, the former Director of the UNICEF. My Father Died from cancer on the 15th April 2002. Untill his death, he has helped many deaf organizations in my country and in some other African countries and has helped some Motherless Babies home. He has in the past learnt to invest his wealth in Heaven rather than here on earth. Being his first Son, he has thought me the same way and ever since then I have not departed from serving God because in Him I find refuge and everlasting peace.

Before my Father died he called me as his first son and advised that I should carry out whatever instruction he his giving to me and that if I should follow his footsteps, serving God and committing all I have to Him that I shall leave longer.

My Dear Brother in Christ, with sincerity of purpose, my late Father before he died told me that he deposited the sum of USD2.5 MILLION into one security Company in Malaysia and that his aim of depositing this money there was because he has a Pastor friend there where he wanted to invest the money in his church, buying more facilities in the church and expanding the church as well as drawing more souls to God since malaysia is mostly dominated by muslims. He said by doing this the God's work there shall be promoted. He therefore instructed me that I should go to the Security Company, release the money and invest it in any where I like, but it must be in the house of God or orphanage home. Ever since my Father died, some of my friends who are easily carried away by the things of the world have been advising me to make use of the money, invest it in some other businesses that can yield me unwanted interest, but as a Born again Christian I keep telling them that I cannot do any thing contrary to what my father told me, and I must not do any thing that will not give glory to God.

Just two weeks ago precisely, I met an Evangelist and his name is Stephen Khamis from Sudan, we are in the same Bible School and he explained to me that he has a contact, he said he has visited your country in the past with his father. He gave me your contact that I should get intouch with you, discuss with you so that I may come over, we arange and get this money from the security company and invest in your organization. I want no returns from you, but all I need from you is to ensure that the money is well used to promote the good work of God in your area of Christian career. All this is to ensure that I carry my Father's instructions out. What I want to make clear to you Brother is to promise me that the money will not be privately used.

Brother, I want you to get to me by email to enable us proceed on this. I will arrange, come to malaysia and we get this money out of the security company.

May the Almighty God guide and protect you.

In His service.

Bro. Michael Ndlovu.
</b>
Paul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Paul »

Hey Walden, I think it's a pretty sure bet that Prince Nyrere (from Dale's scam letter) might be booked on a 1-way trip to hell. What do you wanna bet this guy's driving the bus? :lol:

(edited for spelling)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paul on 2002-10-03 23:43 ]</font>
Cees
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Goodness, that letter is even more ridiculous than the last one we saw. Very funny! :lol:
Gary

Post by Gary »

Why didn't he just come out and say, "God told me that you are to send me all your money."

Reminds me of the story of a boy who told a girl, "God wants you to marry me." The proper reply is always, "Well, when He appears and tells ME, I'll do it!" :lol:
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Maybe the Nigerian scam will go Irish. "I am piper Kevin McNgobo son of the late fiddler and composer Paddy McNgobo.....Before he tragically died by father deposited $250,000,000 in the Bank of Ireland.....When you come to Nigeria to discuss this, bring your axe..This money cannot be used for personal purposes, only to support worthy organizations like the Chiff & Fipple..."

Steve
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Y'know, the first impulse is to say "How the hell could anyone be stupid enough to fall for it?" Then yesterday the state attorney general went public with a warning about these things. You'd be amazed to learn how many people WERE that stupid. Amazing!
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Before he tragically died by father deposited $250,000,000 in the Bank of Ireland...
It's even less believable, after all who in Ireland would have that kind of money.

One time I visted a factory in Ireland and we were talking about a company in the states that burnt down because the guy left the EDM machine unattended to check on lottery numbers. The guys at the plant Ireland said, "Do you what the typical Irish would say about that?". "No", I reply.
He Said, "They would want to know if he won the lottery or not".
Paul

Post by Paul »

Posted: 2002-10-02 13:46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y'know, the first impulse is to say "How the hell could anyone be stupid enough to fall for it?" Then yesterday the state attorney general went public with a warning about these things. You'd be amazed to learn how many people WERE that stupid. Amazing!
You'd think that people would be too embarrassed to admit falling for something like that, but you read about them in the news all the time!
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

How sad, that they use the Christian religion
to scam people.
Christians are supposed to be the nicest,
loving, most charitable people around,
but this guy needs to go to church and
learn what being a Christian means......
but then so many need to learn that too!!!
lolly
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Oooo boy. Even if I were an atheist I think I would still believe that there is a special toasty place in Hell for such a person.

Dale
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Hey Daniel,

Actually Ireland currently has the second richest economy in Europe. They got in early on EU loans and got tubed in the IT curl.

But I agree with Dale. I know God doesn't place a rating scale on sin, but some just seem a lot more offensive than others.

Vinny
"Grace . . . It travels outside of Karma."
- Bono -
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

It's been about five or six years since I went to Ireland.