Your official "Celtic Woman" gripe site

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

It may be correct to state that none of the dancers would have anything to do with gonzo .... er ..... as far as I know. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Casey Burns

Post by Casey Burns »

Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

dwinterfield wrote: Image
The one on the top right looks like her head has slipped down her neck somewhat.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

gonzo914 wrote:Gonzo would like to stress emphatically that he did not write that which is attributed to him in the above post, and he would also request that dwinterfield fix it post-haste.

Gonzo can get into trouble enough on his own without help from you guys.
Done. And thank-you! Many proper Bostonians share your view that it is entirely inappropriate for the current Celtics regime to use such crass methods to attract fans to see the successors of such revered Celtics as Bob Cousy, Bill Russell and Larry Bird. I will say that these young women are immensely more attractive than the current team's won/loss record.
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Martin Milner wrote:The one on the top right looks like her head has slipped down her neck somewhat.
Whereas the one two to her right (our left) appears to have living, ectoplasmic hair.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Casey Burns wrote:Here is an antidote suggestion:

http://www.cantus-buranus.de/video/Dulc ... 12K_de.mov
nothing like the big production number, is there!
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

dwinterfield wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:Gonzo would like to stress emphatically that he did not write that which is attributed to him in the above post, and he would also request that dwinterfield fix it post-haste.

Gonzo can get into trouble enough on his own without help from you guys.
Done. And thank-you! Many proper Bostonians share your view that it is entirely inappropriate for the current Celtics regime to use such crass methods to attract fans to see the successors of such revered Celtics as Bob Cousy, Bill Russell and Larry Bird. I will say that these young women are immensely more attractive than the current team's won/loss record.
Thank you. After 30 years of being invisible to this type of woman, gonzo has finally reached the stage where they can see him again. Now they open doors for him, and give him their seat on the bus, and call him "sir."
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Okay, I saw the show. I am now inoculated with a poetic, mystic dream of Celtic spirals and spandex and leather.

The dress of the women's chorus struck me oddly. Their busts looked like very mold-laden loaves. How like sodden loaves, thought I. Hot factor nil.

I have to say I passed out before I caught the piper's bit.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm

Post by djm »

Well, you lasted a lot longer than I did. How very manly of you. :wink:

djm
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:Well, you lasted a lot longer than I did. How very manly of you. :wink:

djm
Manly? Twaddle. I was well into a bottle of Jameson, and couldn't control the remote any more.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Casey Burns wrote:Here is an antidote suggestion:

http://www.cantus-buranus.de/video/Dulc ... 12K_de.mov
That damn Flatley's in that clip too!!!

I think he was riding the horses or they were riding him....I dunno for certain. Bad lighting and all that...Is there nothing he can't ruin??? Oh the humanity!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Y'know, the more I see of Flatley's stage getups, the more I'm certain that he's into BDSM.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. :wink:
djm

Post by djm »

BDSM? You mean he's .... Lard of the Slap? :o Gosh!

djm
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Nanohedron wrote:Y'know, the more I see of Flatley's stage getups, the more I'm certain that he's into BDSM.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. :wink:
It seems most of these 'celticy' type shows are all about how much pain these sadists can inflict upon the masses. And sadly, much of the masses eat it up. We live in such a cool world! When I grow up, I wanna be a lemming just like everybody else! ROTFLOL
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

The Weekenders wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:They had a dance line of bodhrán players??

Not only is that just wrong, it sends a horrid message to the world. I fear for the sessions to come.
I think it was just two of 'em, but they was snakin' around-n-stuff....Yeah, they would be a hit at any session. I would pay good money to see 'em in the same room with Royce and your other 10,000 Laker folken...
I must be bloody psychic. I heard the lament that it was bodhrán nite at the last Sunday session. Six...count 'em...SIX of the damned things with their monkeys to play them, and sod-all for musicians. A horror to contemplate. I'm glad I missed it. I tell ya, it's those awful Oirishy productions that glorify the bodhrán that are to blame for these crimes.

And worse yet: four of the bodhránistas were protegés of the other two. Protegés, if you can believe it. Not only is their verminous existence bad enough, they're breeding like stoats. And no, they don't play anything else. Argh. Argh. Argh.