Should People Mag. feature Chiff and Fipple?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whitmores75087
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whitmores75087 »

I'm with Kitty on this one. Good idea, wrong magazine. I'm thinking that we have a better chance of getting into National Geographic than People.
Short bio: 1952-
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Re: Should People Mag. feature Chiff and Fipple?

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Dale wrote:Nice try, Paul, but I'm afraid People will only be interested if I get drunk and cuss out a police officer or something.
That reminds me, do you think tinwhistles will continue to thrive after the Mayan calendar runs out time?
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:
Dale wrote:Nice try, Paul, but I'm afraid People will only be interested if I get drunk and cuss out a police officer or something.
That reminds me, do you think tinwhistles will continue to thrive after the Mayan calendar runs out time?
The whistle is eternal, transcending time and space, Grasshoppa...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Look, if all we need to get People Magazine to notice us is a drunken C&F moderator or administrator, then I'm your man. Been a long while since I was drunk or even close, but I could dust off a couple of old bottles and give her a try.

I'll get good and drunk and make controversial comments about Mel Gibson and Catholics while resisting arrest by Florida Highway Patrol whom I can call "Catholic Bubba Pigs", and tinkle on their trowsers and shoes.

C'mon! Really! It'll be a hoot! :D
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

BrassBlower wrote:
m31 wrote:I vote we start our own Sexiest Whistle Player Alive 2007:
Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh
Andrea Corr
Loreena McKennitt
I would have to cast my vote for the Diva of Danu here. :wink:
I have to agree with Brassblower here.

As for People Magazine, the problem is that this is a virtual commuity. They could visit Dale's house and take pictures of him carrying on in a drunken rant about poorly designed plastic whistles, but that has become commonplace.

Perhaps we could take advantage of being a virtual community and offer People something unigue. New Years Eve. All 5000+ C&F members play _______. at 12:01. The tune would circle the globe. It would work even better if each participant recruited their community's most popular D-list trashy celebrity to join them. Whistles and floozies blow in the New Year.

Time to go back to work.
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

dwinterfield wrote: It would work even better if each participant recruited their community's most popular D-list trashy celebrity to join them. Whistles and floozies blow in the New Year.
The problem is finding such a celebrity who will pose for pictures with me when there's not a 10-gallon hat and a mechanical bull involved. :P
dwinterfield wrote: Time to go back to work.
Yes, it is. See ya later. :twisted:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

dwinterfield wrote: . . .Whistles and floozies blow in the New Year.
:lol:
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
dlovrien

Post by dlovrien »

m31 wrote:I vote we start our own Sexiest Whistle Player Alive 2007:
Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh
Andrea Corr
Loreena McKennitt

Who else?

Paddy Maloney?
I'm not much of a judge of how sexy Paddy is, but I hear he gets ALL the chicks!
David Lovrien - 5 Second Rule & Trinity Hall Session Players - Dallas, TX
manu.bande

Post by manu.bande »

Hi Paul and friends

thank's for your idea , but from my point of view , I don't think Chiff & Fipple need something like that , in fact I like this forum because is full of people with the same interest , love for music , and that's exactly what makes this website very special , poeple from all over the world find somehow this website adress and we contact each others simply by digit some words and send messages around , with your own opinions and requests , that's already enough for me at least !

Doing an article would just atracts more people ,yes, but then you'll have around people that are not really in love with music , just getting around out of curiosity and perhaps more hackers or people that just want to sell you an unvisible whistle ( for instance) , I hope you get my meaning !

What really I would like , would be met personally the people in this forum , see each others face to face , play together , sharing experience and laugh , that's what really would be important for me !

So, if you really want to do something for this community , I tell you what ...
we should organize a worldwide gathering , (I don't know if some of you remeber those famous "Rainbow Gathering" some people used to do in USA , South America , Europe , etc.) , find a nice forest or beach and gather all together , bringing whistles , flutes , percussions , make a big fire and play , sing and dancing naked (hops :o ) around a big fire circle !!!

Ok , I know ... , it's just a dream :( !

Manuel
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

though not quite People, how bout Irish Music magazine? there's no search function on their website, so can't tell if they've run anything on C&F before, but my guess is probably not.

http://mag.irish-music.net/
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

manu.bande wrote:...... dancing naked.....
Manuel
There's just one problem with your idea :lol: !
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
walrii

Post by walrii »

dwinterfield wrote:Perhaps we could take advantage of being a virtual community and offer People something unigue. New Years Eve. All 5000+ C&F members play _______. at 12:01. The tune would circle the globe. It would work even better if each participant recruited their community's most popular D-list trashy celebrity to join them. Whistles and floozies blow in the New Year.
Great idea! Even if People or Rodeo World or some other rag doesn't carry it, I'm in.

What are we going to play? I think it should be something reasonably well-known and simple enough so everyone from beginners to old salts can do a good job on the number. To avoid an unending discussion, I vote we nominate tunes and then Dale picks one by, say December 20th. I'll go with the glaringly obvious and nominate "Auld Lang Syne," although I secretly hope someone comes up with a suitable Irish tune.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

How about a politically correct "Danny Person". We'll kill 'em on the high note. :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Cynth wrote:
Manuel
What? Can't dance?

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

kkrell wrote:
Cynth wrote:
Manuel
What? Can't dance?

Kevin Krell
Maybe two problems.