OT: The proper use of a Bohdran!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
michael_coleman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

I bought my roomate a bodhran several years back and his cat tore the skin with his claws....it must be the smell or something. He doesn't urinate on his bodhran, so thats definatley not the smell I'm talking about :)
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

But does his cat urinate on the bodhran? That's about as scary (especially to a cat owner!).
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

michael_coleman wrote:I bought my roomate a bodhran several years back and his cat tore the skin with his claws....it must be the smell or something. He doesn't urinate on his bodhran, so thats definatley not the smell I'm talking about :)
You're giving me an idea, here. I have to find out which bodhran players own cats.... Now, where is that catnip again?
/Bloomfield
seisflutes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by seisflutes »

My cat loves instrument cases and such. Gets my pipe case all hairy. Not unusual for a cat.
Two days ago he did something that did surprise me though. He chomped one of my chanter reeds. Crunched it right up. Fortunately it was one in a jar of reeds that weren't working out too well! I would have been very mad if he'd gotten one of the few that are good. I wonder why he did that though.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

seisflutes wrote:My cat loves instrument cases and such. Gets my pipe case all hairy. Not unusual for a cat.
Two days ago he did something that did surprise me though. He chomped one of my chanter reeds. Crunched it right up. Fortunately it was one in a jar of reeds that weren't working out too well! I would have been very mad if he'd gotten one of the few that are good. I wonder why he did that though.
Because it was "there"! :D
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Teething maybe? Or just hungry?
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
seisflutes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by seisflutes »

Or maybe he thinks I spend too much time with reedmaking and not enough time with him. :P
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Cats being cats Seis, I would say that is highly probable.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."