PlayStation 3

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

I still have a working Atari.

I have not owned any other gaming console. The kids did have a Game Boy.

Gosh - I'm pathetic.................
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

rebl_rn wrote:There was a woman on the radio today who was actually happy her high school son skipped class to stand in line to buy one of these things that he's probably going to turn around and sell on Ebay, "because it teaches him how he has to work hard to get something he really wants" (Oh, and she loaned him the money to buy the thing, too). :boggle:
My coworker told me her son camped out for two days/nights in front of the store (other campers were friendly and cooperative), he received a ticket for a playstation when the store handed them out and he immediately sold the ticket for $2000 cash.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Lambchop wrote:
Cynth wrote:
rebl_rn wrote:There was a woman on the radio today who was actually happy her high school son skipped class to stand in line to buy one of these things that he's probably going to turn around and sell on Ebay, "because it teaches him how he has to work hard to get something he really wants" (Oh, and she loaned him the money to buy the thing, too). :boggle:
I boggle with you! We weren't allowed to miss school unless we were actually throwing up. And it wasn't good enough to feel like you were going to. You had to do it.
You had to do it more than once, too. And just having a fever wasn't enough, either. You had to have spots along with it.
We had to be dead first.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
Cynth wrote: I boggle with you! We weren't allowed to miss school unless we were actually throwing up. And it wasn't good enough to feel like you were going to. You had to do it.
You had to do it more than once, too. And just having a fever wasn't enough, either. You had to have spots along with it.
We had to be dead first.
You had it good. We had to have been dead for two weeks, with rigor mortis come and gone, and our bellies distended by gaseous bloating, with our purple little tongues swollen up like eggplants in our throats, and backs arching from agonal muscular contractions like fossilized velociraptors, our lips curled back in a death rictus, our eyes picked clean by carrion crow.

But you tell kids about that and do you think they believe you?
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I'm a fairly avid PC gamer, but I can't justify spending $500+ on a system that is only good for games, and yet doesn't have any games released for it that I want to play.

Also, the behaviour of some of the folks waiting in queue to get the PS3 is really giving gamers a bad name. J. Thompson is likely cackling with glee over this fiasco.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Congratulations wrote:I just saw on the news that there have been shootings over these things. :-?
I remember a woman being trampled to death in a rush on Cabbage Patch dolls when they first came out. True.

Susan
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

You had it good. We had to have been dead for two weeks, with rigor mortis come and gone, and our bellies distended by gaseous bloating, with our purple little tongues swollen up like eggplants in our throats, and backs arching from agonal muscular contractions like fossilized velociraptors, our lips curled back in a death rictus, our eyes picked clean by carrion crow.

But you tell kids about that and do you think they believe you?
See that's a good education for the real world. At least if they end up working for the US Postal Service. Those symptoms would allow you to use some sick days, which you have EARNED, but only if you have a Drs excuse and file family medical leave papers. Of course you'll still be accused of abusing sick leave.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Henke wrote: BTW, I'm going for PS3, but not yet. I'm not standing in line at the release. I plan to get it maybe a year or so after it's been released, just like I've done with both Play Station and PS2.
I trust the brand name. Sony has been unbeatable the last couple of years. It doesn't matter what anyone tell you about preformance and technical details. 60 million sold PS2 consoles, the worlds most popular home electronics product of all times say it all. PS3, just like the previous consoles will have better games and it will last a lot longer.
My sons have their PS1 and PS2, but we got them well after the fact in both cases.

It's interesting to hear about all the problems involved in trying to purchase those few PS3's.

I know what I would do if I were hurt trying to purchase one. Sony better watch out.

I wish people would wise up and quit falling for these marketing strategies.
A company like Sony could easily manufacture enough of these items so that they would be readily available for a particular Christmas, but no.
They just ship out a few. That way, what is happening now, happens.
I really think folks who are getting shot, stabbed, mugged, beat up, and fleeced should hit Sony where it hurts the most ~ their big pockets...

M
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Congratulations wrote:Consoles are only good for racing games and fighters. All other games should be played on a computer.
I disagree. :)

│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Wanderer wrote:
Congratulations wrote:Consoles are only good for racing games and fighters. All other games should be played on a computer.
Okay, consoles are only good for racing games, fighters, and other "niche" games. :P

Really, Guitar Hero would be fine on a computer if you could plug the controller up.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Congratulations wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Okay, consoles are only good for racing games, fighters, and other "niche" games. :P

Really, Guitar Hero would be fine on a computer if you could plug the controller up.
It might be "fine" on a computer...but "should be" on a computer? debatable :)

Though being able to download new content would be really nice.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Wanderer wrote:Though being able to download new content would be really nice.
And so we come to the heart of it! :D
oh Lana Turner we love you get up