My US Visit

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
talasiga
antispam: No

My US Visit

Post by talasiga »

I visted the US once in my life so far. In the beginning of 1969 I spent a few days in San Francisco (after a few days in Honolulu).
Has it changed much?
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Geographically? No... it's all in the same location!
BoneQuint
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: My US Visit

Post by BoneQuint »

talasiga wrote:I visted the US once in my life so far. In the beginning of 1969 I spent a few days in San Francisco (after a few days in Honolulu).
Has it changed much?
More computers.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Come back again and see!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Has it changed much?
:lol:
Has Oz changed much since '69?
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
emmline

Post by emmline »

If you're going to San Francisco, it's no longer de rigeur to wear flowers in your hair.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

emmline wrote:If you're going to San Francisco, it's no longer de rigeur to wear flowers in your hair.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

... now I'm gonna have that song playing in my head for the remainder of the day. :lol:
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

....And Seattle is all Metronatural now.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well I don't know when I've ever been so disappointed! Do you realize that when you visited San Francisco in 1969 you were just 65 miles north of where I was a college student at UC Santa Cruz? You could have come down and played your flute in the redwood forest. It would have raised my coolness quotient by quite a bit to be seen with someone who played the flute in the forest! Dang!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

You'll find more concrete and more automobiles, at least urbanically. Less innocence and yet less learned for it, too, I'm afraid. But I'm something of a cynic.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I dunno. I tell you to come to Cornwall, entice you with the offer of Doom Bar bitter, and next thing you say you're going to the US! I can only conclude that beer is very low on your list of priorities, as no-one goes to America for beer.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

There are some good microbrews. Sheesh!
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Rod Sprague wrote:There are some good microbrews. Sheesh!
:twisted: I'm sure there are, Rod. But I come from a land where we real drinkers of beer consume warm bitter, or mild, or stout. And I'm fresh back from the Czech Republic, where they understand lagers with heart and where Pilsener beers were invented. You don't have to drink Czech beers stone-cold to appreciate them. Beers with body, not water-thin alcoholic bottled commercial gassy liquids that have to be chilled to the bone before they're even remotely drinkable. Beer, Rod. You're on the right path. Seek out the best of your microbreweries and start a real beer movement! We did, over 30 years ago, and we sidelined the horrible, sweet, commercial, artificially gassed-up keg brews forever.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Denny

Post by Denny »

The "water-thin alcoholic bottled commercial gassy liquids that have to be chilled to the bone before they're even remotely drinkable" are still available.
Rod Sprague wrote:There are some good microbrews. Sheesh!
Rod is correct. :wink:
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

But I come from a land where we real drinkers of beer consume warm bitter, or mild, or stout. And I'm fresh back from the Czech Republic, where they understand lagers with heart and where Pilsener beers were invented. You don't have to drink Czech beers stone-cold to appreciate them. Beers with body, not water-thin alcoholic bottled commercial gassy liquids that have to be chilled to the bone before they're even remotely drinkable.
Oh, blah blah blah blah blah, nya nya nya nya nya!
Where's the schrader valve so I can let the hot air outta your head...

Jus'kiddin Steve! :D :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown