soon 500

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pixyy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

soon 500

Post by pixyy »

Wow, I just realised that my next post will be my 500th...

I should throw a party :P
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

So what are you waiting for???
Happy almost 500th, Pix!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

he is red, he is white,
he is danish dynamite!

go pixyy go!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah, go on! You don't even get the smoking jacket till 1000.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

The Weekenders wrote:Yeah, go on! You don't even get the smoking jacket till 1000.
We could do half a smoking jacket :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Hey, congratulations!

I was curious about this Danish Dynamite thing.
Wiki wrote:Danish Dynamite is the third episode of the first season of the Danish sitcom Langt fra Las Vegas. It was first aired on March 13, 2001. The episode is directed by Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen and written by Frank Hvam and Lars Kjeldgaard.

Synopsis
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
In the beginning of the episode we see Casper and Kenny dancing to an old Danish football song Vi er røde, vi er hvide (We're red, we're white). Because of all the noise it makes the neighbour living downstairs committing Hara Kiri. Casper is dancing in Søren Lerby's old jersey from the Football World Cup in 1986, because they think it will help Denmark winning the upcoming football match against Italy.

Casper is dating a new girl called Birla, and is a bit disappointed he didn't have sex with her on the first date, but she is really popular at Jumpstart.

Robert spills on his t-shirt and then has to wear Søren Lerby's jersey. After he starts wearing it he becomes very lucky and is having more sex than Casper. Casper is still trying to have sex with Birla, but she is farting all the time.

At Jumpstart flies are starting to fly around, so they start to wonder where they come from. Some of them thinks it is due to Robert has worn the same jersey for many days, and after he takes it off his luck disappears again. They found out that all the flies comes from the dead Japanese living downstairs.
So what is "Jumpstart"? I think I get the rest pretty much :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Wave no flags, pretty please, I am Dutchy Gouda Cheese :P
(born and raised in the Netherlands living in Daneland)

Thanks all for the well wishes - have a drink

:party:
heh, completely forgot about the 499 suspense post and made my 500th HERE

Another 5 years and I'll get to wear a smoking in the 1000lounge -yay-
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Congrats, Pixyy. I'll have that Guinness, thanks. :)

While Danish Dynamite may be the name of an episode of Langt Fra Las Vegas, as the synopsis mentions, the term (and the "we are red etc." phrase) originated in the Danish soccer fan song "Vi er røde, vi er hvide" from the 80's (Euro Cup/1984 or World Cup/1986, can't remember). I sang that a lot back then! :)