Happy Freakin' Halloween, y'all.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Happy Freakin' Halloween, y'all.

Post by Tyler »

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Time for the weenie roast and hayride!
Reasonable person
Walden
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Is that Royce with the big pink .... mace? :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

djm wrote:Is that Royce with the big pink .... mace? :boggle:

djm
it aint lichen, that's fer sure
emmline

Post by emmline »

Ok, ok...to ratchet the fright level down a few notches:

You can come trick or treat at my house!
2 girls at college, one watching scary movies at a friend's house, the kid in the other room absorbed by Guild Wars--with special H'ween features, and el esposo out of town, it's feeling a little lonely! (the dog who likes to lunge ferociously at the door will be let out of Olivia's bedroom later.) Weird. A very few years ago my kids would have been scrambling to get their costumes together.
I'm going to have to lose the hat, I'm afraid, as it's freaking out my cat.
ImageSkeleton earrings too small to see. Dang.
Last edited by emmline on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

In twenty minutes they'll be here! We've not got such lovely preparations made as emmline, but we do have two little pumpkins on the porch and the light on and a big bowl of candy----good candy, Reese's peanut butter cups, Kit Kats, mmmm. My kitties know something is up and can't settle down. Happy Halloween!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

I bought a bunch of goodies earlier today to give out in case we got some trick-or-treaters, but my 17-year-old stepdaughter and her boyfriend grabbed them and ate everything as soon as they came home this afternoon. Now I've got 12 kids ringing the doorbell (we've never had trick-or-treaters in the 4 years I've lived here!) and I have NOTHING to give them!!!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

We had a pumpkin on the front porch... until some malicious git smashed it all over the road in front of the house. :evil:

But, we'll be handing out candy (and small toys), anyway. Happy Halloween! :party:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
emmline

Post by emmline »

Cynth wrote:In twenty minutes they'll be here! We've not got such lovely preparations made as emmline, but we do have two little pumpkins on the porch and the light on and a big bowl of candy----good candy, Reese's peanut butter cups, Kit Kats, mmmm. My kitties know something is up and can't settle down. Happy Halloween!
I'm pretty low key compared to some folks around here. So far the TorT head count has been low. Brad--wish I could send you extra M&Ms.
You better turn off your lights and look not-home, which is what I'll do before 9 when the adult-sized-kids-who-should-really-know-better start turning up.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

bradhurley wrote:I bought a bunch of goodies earlier today to give out in case we got some trick-or-treaters, but my 17-year-old stepdaughter and her boyfriend grabbed them and ate everything as soon as they came home this afternoon. Now I've got 12 kids ringing the doorbell (we've never had trick-or-treaters in the 4 years I've lived here!) and I have NOTHING to give them!!!
Man, I hate it when that happens! Gonna turn out all the lights and huddle silently, or brazen it out by giving them canned goods, or granola bars?

I just lit the candle in the jack-o-lantern...too rural here to get any trick-or-treat posses, but it's the principle of the thing.

:wink:
djm

Post by djm »

Two! Count'em. Two kids. I bought enough for fifty. I took all the leftovers to a friend's house (who went ballistic as they had enough left over for an army themselves). At least its all out of my reach.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

We had a pretty good turn-out here. There were sure a lot of swords and sickles and wands which were not under very good control when the wielders were picking out their candy. There was a really cute bumblebee named Grace and a very timid little Mickey Mouse and a fellow that had an amazing mask that blood suddenly spurted through when he did something special. I really hollered when I saw that one :lol: and apparently I made his day. We have quite a lot of candy left over. The blue-wrapped Almond Joy's seemed the least popular. I'm going to sneak down now and get my little stash of leftovers together since my husband is taking it all to work tomorrow morning to get it out of the house. And yeah, any peanut butter cups that are still there are mine!!!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

We only had 15 kids. And it wasn't raining or snowing or windy - just cold with temperatures in the 20 degree F range.

Good thing I bought candy that we all like. :D We'll have dessert for quite a while.
Charlene
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

emmline wrote:when the adult-sized-kids-who-should-really-know-better start turning up.
Awww...... Everybody likes Candy!!! I love Halloween!

The adult size kids around here come early, when all the little ones come!

We had a good turn-out on our street. the costumes this year were especially imaginative and excellent. We have a neighbor who puts on a haunted garage, so there's a pretty good draw of older trick-or-treaters, some taller than moi!!!!! (5'10")

I always buy bags of candy especially for our family!

And this is the first year since our kids were old enough to trick-or-treat that none of them went out..... :cry:

M