I'm sorry, but I'm about to ruin your life.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I'm sorry, but I'm about to ruin your life.

Post by Congratulations »

You will never escape.

Probably the most addictive thing I've found on the internet. And that's saying something.

Have fun. :twisted:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

You know I started playing this a while ago and just got too frustrated. I didn't get that far, but I'm glad to see it again because I had forgotten it and I do think it is neat.

One thing I am not sure of. Are the number of dots and the arrangement of them in the rectangles really related to the word that goes there? I can't tell because if I get a word, I can't remember how many dots were in the rectangle, I am just free associating, not looking at the rectangles. It seems like they would be, but ..... I guess if they are then I should be trying two word phrases? Some rectangles have two dots. I think I tried all possible two letter words, even though they wouldn't make sense, and none were right. So that is why I'm thinking that the dots are not indicative of the number of letters in a word or that there are two word answers. If answering this would tell me too much, then don't answer it.

You know the other game on that site--From A to crAzy? Do you have any idea what that is about? Don't tell me if figuring out what to do is part of the game. I suppose it must be. I was just wondering if there are other games like it and since I've never seen them I don't know what to do.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Congratulations

Yeah, number of dots = number of letters. "......" could be coffee. ".... ......." could be Bill Clinton.

I haven't looked at the other game. Let me go take a peek.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Congratulations wrote:Yeah, number of dots = number of letters. "......" could be coffee. ".... ......." could be Bill Clinton.

I haven't looked at the other game. Let me go take a peek.
Oh thanks, that helps me alot right there. I don't know why I didn't realize that for sure, it seems obvious, but anyway now I feel like taking another crack at it.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

Cynth wrote:Some rectangles have two dots. I think I tried all possible two letter words, even though they wouldn't make sense, and none were right.
Don't be an ox, dear... :D
gonzo914

Re: I'm sorry, but I'm about to ruin your life.

Post by gonzo914 »

Congratulations wrote:You will never escape.

Probably the most addictive thing I've found on the internet. And that's saying something.

Have fun. :twisted:
You were wrong. It only took me about a minute to completely lose interest. If I had been able to divine what I was supposed to do, it might have sustained my interest longer.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
missy

Post by missy »

gonzo914 wrote:
You were wrong. It only took me about a minute to completely lose interest. If I had been able to divine what I was supposed to do, it might have sustained my interest longer.
whoo, thank goodness, I thought I was the only idiot that didn't "get" it.....
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Congratulations

missy wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:
whoo, thank goodness, I thought I was the only idiot that didn't "get" it.....
From the placewhere I first heard about it:
WARNING: This post is about a time-waster that will have you pulling your hair out in frustration, but you won’t be able to leave it alone. You’ll lose sleep playing it, and you’ll spend every waking moment trying to figure out how to solve it. It will consume you, and you’ll neglect family, friends, and your job to devote time to the game. You will die old, penniless, and alone with it still unsolved.

Now that you’ve been warned, I thought I would share an online puzzle game called "Funny Farm" that I recently came across. The puzzle is based on word association, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s easy. You start out on a mostly blank board that has one box labeled "On the farm" and a few blank boxes connected to it. The blank boxes conceal words that are related to the words connected to it, and guessing a word reveals it and more connected boxes. In this way, you fill out an ever-growing network of words. Some will give you access to other parts of the map, until you get to the far corners of the map, which give you clues to a larger riddle.

The designer of the game, who I’ll call the devil, offers few hints. The ones he does offer he admits "won’t help you anyway." Fortunately you can save your game and come back to it later. You can also send your friends the URL to your saved game so they can help. Of course anyone who would get me involved in this game I wouldn’t consider a "friend" anymore. It’s kind of like a "friend" getting you addicted to heroin.

So far I’ve only managed to uncover five out of the twenty-five squares, and I haven’t completely solved any of them yet. I figure if I give up personal hygiene and sleeping, I can devote more time to it. If any of you start playing it, let me know, and we can swap saved game URLs (you can merge your saved game with someone else’s).

And remember, I warned you.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Oh. The dot count. Duh. Might explain why "manure" and "pasture" and "suprême de volaille" weren't working for me.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Well, crap. I finally figured out what to do. I'm up to seven.

Damn your eyes.
And yellow fringe
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Am I imagining things or are more boxes opening up?

Edited by gonzo to add "Never mind. I just figured out there are 24 more of these."
Last edited by gonzo914 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And yellow fringe
Congratulations

gonzo914 wrote:Am I imagining things or are more boxes opening up?
Yes, they do that.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Denny wrote:
Cynth wrote:Some rectangles have two dots. I think I tried all possible two letter words, even though they wouldn't make sense, and none were right.
Don't be an ox, dear... :D
:lol: Oh, you are terrible! Now I have cheated! And I only thought I'd tried all the two letter words---grrrrr! I got the other one purely by accident. No more hints now!
djm

Post by djm »

Doesn't work for me at all. When I enter any word in the text box and hit Enter, it bounces me out to a new window asking me to Merge with someone else's guesses.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Shan and I finished the farm page! Nah-nah-nah-na-NAAAAAHHHYYAA-nah!

:P

:lol:

--James

P.S. Don't worry, we are well and truly stuck on the others. lol
Last edited by peeplj on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard