Waking up music...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
JS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JS »

Why is it that Labrador pups are hard-wired to start the day at 5:45? This is the fourth dog we've raised for Guiding Eyes, and they all have same attitude about early rising.

When I moved within radio range of Robert J's "Morning Pro Musica" one of my colleagues warned me not to set my alarm to that station, since between the quietness of those bird calls and the long pauses between sentences, there was a pretty good chance of not waking up at all.
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk
Innocent Bystander
antispam: No

Post by Innocent Bystander »

It's been a while since I could start the day with music, but it was BBC Radio 3 for me.

Yeah, Handel's "Arrival of the Queen of Sheba", or Liszt's "Symphonic Poem "Preludes" or "Zadok the Priest" or something.

It's been a few years now, and maybe they've cleaned up their act, but it used to make my day when the announcer would regularly make some monumental cock-up. I may have been expecting a bad day, but at least I didn't have my mistakes rehearsed in front of a National audience.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Man, I have to have music playing to get started off on the rght foot. Prior to Peter Gabriel, it was W. A. Mozart's Piano Concertos, especially the latter ones #21 - 25. I am particularly fond of #24, a very moving piece.
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

I get up at the last possible moment- so nothing is turned on but the shower downstairs-so I don't wake my husband- then out the door. NPR on the car radio for news the twenty minutes to work. When I get out on the route, at least a couple of hours later, it's classical music until noon, when the show goes off.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West