First Impressions: tunable Overton high D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

First Impressions: tunable Overton high D

Post by peeplj »

wow.

oh wow.

did i mention, wow?

damn.

wow.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--James.stunned.tar.gz
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

So, do you like it? Or did it bite you?
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Haha!

Indeed.

Sometimes I think people will get tired of hearing me talk up Overton and Reyburn whistles. Nice to see someone else wowed.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
dessinchat

Post by dessinchat »

I get 3 whistles made by Colin Goldie and I can add :
WOW ! WOW ! WOW !!

:D
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

WOW++
/Bloomfield
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

You're kidding me James, is this your first Overton soprano, after all these years?!? Dude, where have you been? :lol:

Loren
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

It was an anniversary present from my wife--a Colin Goldie tunable soprano D.

It has a wonderful, complex tone, has good volume but isn't overpowering, and you can play it easy, or thrash the hell out of it...you can play it sweet or you can drive it strong...a very flexible whistle in terms of what you can do with tone and volume.

I'll post a real review after I've had the chance to live with the whistle a bit.

--James

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

peeplj wrote:I'll post a real review after I've had the chance to live with the whistle a bit.
They get better the more you play them. :)
/Bloomfield
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bloomfield wrote:
peeplj wrote:I'll post a real review after I've had the chance to live with the whistle a bit.
I noticed that also.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Bloomfield wrote:
It's already a real joy to play...I look forward to a lasting and ever-growing relationship...made even better as it has become a symbol of the love of my wife, who gave it to me. :)

Most whistles seem to improve the more you play them....I've noticed that. Usually these days I recognize that it's not the whistle itself that changes. :wink:

Although there have been a couple of cheapies that just really do seem to improve over time as you "play them in." I have to say it because it's true. Feel free to disbelieve it because I've never quite convinced myself of it, either.

--James

-------
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

peeplj wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:

Most whistles seem to improve the more you play them....I've noticed that. Usually these days I recognize that it's not the whistle itself that changes. :wink:
--James
I think Bloomfield was being Bloomfield when he said that. :wink:
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Tommy wrote:
peeplj wrote:
Bloomfield wrote: They get better the more you play them. :)

--James
I think Bloomfield was being Bloomfield when he said that. :wink:
It's possible I was being James when I answered back. :lol:

Don't worry, you're in good company: my wife doesn't understand my sense of humor either, and she's usually right there in the room with me. :twisted:

--James

-------
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Bunch a Bloomin' Overton freaks is what ye are.... :swear:

Hey let's start a flame thread, wherein we exhibit the negative aspects of clannish behaviors, as we swear fealty oaths to respective whistle makers. We could even go so far as to have the Goldie sect of the Overton clan; there could be internecine warfare among the various Burkian or Burkite sects - Compositites, Aluminonians (not to mention the Aluminonian Vipers, a particularly insular and viscious group), the Brassy Boys (including infighting between the Sessionists and Narrows).

The Copelandians and Abellists (including the offshoot Dire Delrinians and Silver Bell Boys) going to war utilizing the services of mercenary bohdran players... :twisted:

Oh well, just a thought. Gosh, and almost a whole year till the day of atonement comes back round.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
A-Musing

Post by A-Musing »

My Bernard...in one long, bending, heart-wrenching wail...will reduce your Goldie to cosmic dust.
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Ah, yes. And then there are those of us in whose whistle rolls, they all 'just get along...' Such peace and tranquility...

Your Bernard shall reduce my Goldie to cosmic dust? I say the sooth: I think not!

Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979