Emmline, Are you OK?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
RonKiley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Emmline, Are you OK?

Post by RonKiley »

I hope the tornado passed you by. I have been wondering since I heard the news this morning.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh dear. I hadn't heard about that. Yes, emmline, please check in when you can! I'd better check the news.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

I think that it would take a lot more than a hurricane to put the fair Emm off her stride.

She posted in the rubber room a few hours ago. She also has an awful lot of activity to cram into the day so I'm sure she'll be back as soon as she gets a minute to herself.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I hadn't heard about the tornado, although the way things were hereabouts yesterday evening, it doesn't surprise me.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

chas wrote:I hadn't heard about the tornado, although the way things were hereabouts yesterday evening, it doesn't surprise me.
I guess this would be a reliable article. There are no injuries reported. Some sources say two tornados touched down---so I don't know about that part. Power still out in some areas. Main town mentioned is Severna Beach.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02118.html
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

There have been a lot of reports on TV here. Severna and Bowie are mentioned. There are lots of trees down, power lines down, homes damaged etc. I immediately thought of the lengthy remodeling Emm has been doing.

Ron
emmline

Post by emmline »

Thanks for asking Ron!
Things are ok around here. Last night we drove away from the hard rain heading into Baltimore for a kid's back to school night. (meet the teachers, etc.) A bit of the downpour caught up with us, but all the wind and power outages had blown over by the time we got home. The worst of it hit a couple miles down the road, but all in all it wasn't bad, and the high schoolers were most disappointed to learn that their school did, in fact, have power this morning.
It is true that our house renovation has been protracted and painful ( :o ) but the nice thing is we've had a very solid roof for several years now and are down to cosmetic odds and ends.

(Didn't even see any trees down going to and from the dentist this a.m.
All the digging and drilling pertaining to the repair of a broken crown. Now the novocaine is wearing off and I'm noticing my tongue got pretty abraded in all the hubbub. Cripes. Advil time. Good thing I'm typing not talking.)
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

That's good news Emm. I saw one picture on TV that showed a fellow who was working on an addition to his house and had a tree come through the roof. We had heavy rain, high wind and lightning. One bolt of lightning was so close we saw the flash and heard the boom at the same time. However there is no damage here.

Ron