When spiders attack

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
monkey587
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

When spiders attack

Post by monkey587 »

I got bitten by a spider during the night. There was a welt for a few hours but it's pretty much gone away. I still plan to go to tonight's session, but I wish the pains in, well, every part of my body would go away. And the feverish feeling, although I don't think I actually have a fever. I'd also like the feeling to come back to my ankles.

I think it was just your basic common house spider, too. I'd hate to have been bitten by one of the "serious" ones.
William Bajzek
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: When spiders attack

Post by peeplj »

monkey587 wrote:I got bitten by a spider during the night. There was a welt for a few hours but it's pretty much gone away. I still plan to go to tonight's session, but I wish the pains in, well, every part of my body would go away. And the feverish feeling, although I don't think I actually have a fever. I'd also like the feeling to come back to my ankles.

I think it was just your basic common house spider, too. I'd hate to have been bitten by one of the "serious" ones.
You know, it's just, like, my own thought...not advice at all...but if you, like, happen to drive by the E.R....well, hmmm....on the way to the session, like...

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

peeplj wrote:
monkey587 wrote:I got bitten by a spider during the night. There was a welt for a few hours but it's pretty much gone away. I still plan to go to tonight's session, but I wish the pains in, well, every part of my body would go away. And the feverish feeling, although I don't think I actually have a fever. I'd also like the feeling to come back to my ankles.

You know, it's just, like, my own thought...not advice at all...but if you, like, happen to drive by the E.R....well, hmmm....on the way to the session, like...

--James
I usually don't go to the doctor until I'm down to my last pint, but I haven't even had my first one yet, so maybe I should head down to the pub even though the session's not for 2 hours.
William Bajzek
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

monkey587 wrote:I got bitten by a spider during the night...........I'd also like the feeling to come back to my ankles.

Since medical condition and medical advice posts aren't allowed on the forum, I won't give medical advice. However, I suggest you take a sheet of paper, fold it and tuck it into your shirt pocket so 1 inch sticks above the pocket. Write: "I'VE BEEN BITTEN BY A SPIDER" on it and make sure it's clearly visable. Enjoy the session!

;-)
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

Tony wrote:
monkey587 wrote:I got bitten by a spider during the night...........I'd also like the feeling to come back to my ankles.

Since medical condition and medical advice posts aren't allowed on the forum, I won't give medical advice. However, I suggest you take a sheet of paper, fold it and tuck it into your shirt pocket so 1 inch sticks above the pocket. Write: "I'VE BEEN BITTEN BY A SPIDER" on it and make sure it's clearly visable. Enjoy the session!

;-)
Well, I'd call my doctor, but last time I talked to her, I thought I had an ant in my ear, so I'm afraid she may not take me seriously. for the record, there DID turn out to be inflammation on my eardrum, I'm not just a hypochondriac!

I did keep my dentist appointment this morning, even though driving was uncomfortable, because I figured they were close to my doctor and a hospital so if I went into shock or something, I'd get pretty quick treatment. The worst that happened was that I was told to get my wisdom teeth removed.

Anyway, my fiancee got bitten by one of the day of Feadogin's wedding, and it cleared up in about a day, so I figure I'll give it until the morning and call someone if it's still hurting. It'd be nice to have it cleared up in time for tomorrow's gig.
William Bajzek
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

Since medical condition posts aren't allowed (sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this forum much), I won't take any advice anyone's given me in this thread.
William Bajzek
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

I'm so glad the only spiders we have here can't harm me. although they still scare the crap out of me.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Spider bites can be nasty (ask Walden). I hope and pray it's nothing serious.
djm

Post by djm »

I don't know if I'm susceptible or if its just the spiders here, but when I get a spider bite it usually comes up in a flat welt about an inch across and quarter inch high. It itches instead of hurting, and lasts at least a week.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I think we are allowed to recommend that someone go to the doctor, just not to suggest home remedies. I would recommend you go to your doctor. If, for some reason, you prefer not to do that, then I'd get in touch with the undertaker of your choice. We kind of like
Edwina Haney around here.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

Cynth wrote:I think we are allowed to recommend that someone go to the doctor, just not to suggest home remedies. I would recommend you go to your doctor. If, for some reason, you prefer not to do that, then I'd get in touch with the undertaker of your choice. We kind of like
Edwina Haney around here.
Iowa's a bit far away. But maybe I could get Tim Britton to join me for my final tunes.

I've never met an undertaker. I recently met a funeral director, at my grandmother's funeral. He has a very specific and careful way of speaking, except when saying the names of Pittsburgh streets, when he'd slip into the thickest 'burgh accent I'd ever heard. Weird.
William Bajzek
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Set your google to Images and then search on "spider bites." I won't post any of them here.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

William, just for grins I happened to look at your bio on your website and saw this line: "He lives in Campbell, CA with his three cats and a big, scary spider." My question to you, sir, is: Could you not have seen this coming? I've never been there, but surely there must be others in Campbell CA besides cats and spiders who you could get to help you pay the monthly rent check, aren't there? I hope the spider at least picks up after himself...
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Your symptoms are consistent with black widow/brown widow bites. At risk of breaking the medical posting rule, I'd hasten your ass to the physician asap.

Even if it isn't one of the deadliest critters, if you have allergies to such things, you'll need have it treated.

All spiders are venomous and people have varying reactions to them, it's best to have it checked out.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Your symptoms are consistent with black widow/brown widow bites. At risk of breaking the medical posting rule, I'd hasten your ass to the physician asap.

Even if it isn't one of the deadliest critters, if you have allergies to such things, you'll need have it treated.

All spiders are venomous and people have varying reactions to them, it's best to have it checked out.
I was going to say that as well. Muscle pains are classic with black widow bites (we have LOTS of black widows here, so I've read up on the symptoms). You really should see a doctor.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!