OT: You know you've spent too much time on the Board when...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Hey Walden: A brilliant post. But I make no claims in geno, its all true. When you get into that field, you have to start all over again, disbelieving everything, then re-prove it.
But thanks for remembering!

And Sunnywindow, give it time. You'll end up with one or two brickwalls and the rest will be done, then you'll look around and remember your dear whistling friends are a mouse-click away!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

On 2002-09-19 23:54, DazedinLA wrote:
Yeah,it could be a surreal dream...Spinal Spasm Loren and Bad Hands Kevin trying to even climb into the ring let alone fight. Tex and Murph are more interested in the beer and barbecue ribs, but offer pithy color commentary while kung fu guy curses everyone. Meanwhile, hordes are scouring the countryside searching for Bloo while Enders plays Quantanamera and sings "Don't worry, he'll turn up soon". Brian and Beth, both bleary eyed from lack of sleep, pass each other on the freeway driving to different sessions far from the comfort of their own homes...both are playing Shebeg Shemore while driving, of course. Listen closely, and you might hear the distant whine of Colin's drill, Michael's mill, Patrick's lathe...even Serpent's dremel, and yes, maybe even Mack rustling around in his shop.
You know you've spent too much time on the board when:

-- Everyone in the chat room knows you by your real name, not the screen name, and also knows your favorite whistle and your plans for the weekend.

-- Even while gone for the day you make cameo appearances in other people's posts.

Too funny Kev! LOL

--Beth
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

...you can identify all 3 Corrs sisters and discuss at length which whistles Andrea plays, but you've never heard one of their songs.

...your wife thinks you're having an e-affair with someone named "Lauren".

...you wonder whatever happened to Daniel the Celtic Whistler.

...you've tried to contact the Pope to have Dale nominated for sainthood (or at least a spot as a Cardinal).

Time for a nap now. I feel an all-night coffee/whistle/fife/internet session coming on.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

On 2002-09-19 23:54, DazedinLA wrote:
Brian and Beth, both bleary eyed from lack of sleep, pass each other on the freeway driving to different sessions far from the comfort of their own homes...both are playing Shebeg Shemore while driving, of course.<font size=-1></font>
Now come ON!

I NEVER play Si beg Si mór...at least not while driving. I prefer the faster tunes. And Beth and I are most likely lost, you're right there...but the plot thickens: Usually, it's because we're trying to get to the SAME sessions far from the comfort of our own homes - but it doesn't much matter - we're still lost! :smile:

I'm just glad there were no premanitions about my pipe playing skills, and that little miniature duck Cees' daughter is CONVINCED I have trapped in my chanter - all the while torturing the poor thing (the DUCK I mean - poor little bugger)!!! LOL

B~

P.S. And Daniel's the Celtic WARRIOR...SHEESH! Even I know that one! :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brian Lee on 2002-09-20 09:39 ]</font>
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Goll, yes, Brian...she doesn't think it's a duck, though, she thinks it's a full-grown GOOSE, the way it honks sometimes.

:grin:

Actually, I think your pipe playing is quite good...most of the time that goose keeps pretty quiet... :lol:
Caoimhin

Post by Caoimhin »

Too much time on the board
= less sleep
= less dreams of whistles
= less time playing whistles
= less time dreaming of playing whistles.

Seriously, before I came across the C&F board, and before I bought my whistles, I had this dream. I was holding a shiny metallic low whistle and explaining to some person what it was. Care to guess who made it?
KT.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

On 2002-09-20 11:15, Caoimhin wrote:
Too much time on the board
= less sleep
TRUE BECAUSE I CHAT BUT SLEEP IS A WASTE OF TIME ANYWAY
= less dreams of whistles
TRUE BECAUSE IM PLAYING TUNES IN MY DREAMS
= less time playing whistles
NOT TRUE< IM ON BOARD OR CHAT WHEN I CANT WHISTLE BECAUSE OF ZEN NUN UPSTAIRS
= less time dreaming of playing whistles.
HEY I HAVE THE ITCH TO PLAY ALL DAY DURING"WORK"

I just hope they don't have noise laws down there in Singapore. They're a little rough on offenders! 'Member the kid they spanked with a cane? He deserved it!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

You know you've spent too much time on the Board when...

• The thought of a trip to the podiatrist's office automatically puts you in the mood for chicken pizza.

• You absentmindedly sign your C&F screen name on your check for groceries.

• The Hoover salesman comes to the door, and you ask if he has a quiet "low G."

• Your family members start calling you by your screen name, when they need to get your attention.

• You feel the urge to write a new inspirational book, "Zen and the Art of Tweaking Pennywhistles" (and you just "know" it'll be a bestseller).
Reasonable person
Walden
energy

Post by energy »

...You know how many posts you must average per day to someday pass Loren.

...You dream of someday meeting Dale Wisely.
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

--quote--
IM ON BOARD OR CHAT WHEN I CANT WHISTLE BECAUSE OF ZEN NUN UPSTAIRS
--endquote--

LOL! What in the world is a Zen Nun?!? :smile:

--James

Note that I have started removing my signature line just in case an absolutely free website that sells not a durn thing is too commercial for ya. --thibbit--
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

Oh, I wouldnt go that far, James.

:smile:
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/whistleannex/index.html">The Whistle Annex</a>, Home of the Chiffboard Matrix
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

To explain terminology: So the neurotic anti-whislter anti-life upstairs moves away. For one month or so, i whistled whenever I wanted, nite or day and made great improvements.

Then, a lady moved in. Quiet, too quiet. SMU stickers on car. A landlord's (not me) dream. She's a librarian at the Theological Union near UC Berkeley. Single, middle-aged with two cats who don't meow.....When I met her, she asked me if I knew where she could do Zen meditation. She comes home, then it gets quiet, very quiet. The sound of the Burke alpro D not only cuts through my apt but I feel it jarring the Om-ing going on upstairs....And she never goes anywhere either except to work at roughly same time as me.

Hence the term, Zen Nun. The ol Weekender feels everything unfortunately and the placidity cramps my style.....

[Been in escrow since late June for house where I can drive away all varmints with latenight whistling. First the seller died and the whole thing had to go to court, which it did, twice. Now the agent is in the hospital. The elderly gentleman collapsed at home. He fell and couldn't get up. not seeking sympathy but showing how close I am to unfettered racket-making]
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

How 'bout when you go to the member list and click on "list member's posts" and the last post that fits was last year.

And...

You accept as a universal tautology that no one will ever catch up to Loren...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2002-09-20 14:52, LeeMarsh wrote:
How 'bout when you go to the member list and click on "list member's posts" and the last post that fits was last year.
<FONT SIZE=+7>
?</FONT>
Reasonable person
Walden
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

On 2002-09-20 14:59, Walden wrote:
On 2002-09-20 14:52, LeeMarsh wrote:
<FONT SIZE=+7>
?</FONT>
Walden click on the [Memberlist] link above.
Find your own name in the list and click on it. The top field is a user name field with your name in it. Next to your name will be a link that says "View posts by this user". When you click on the link the view has a maximum number of posts it lists and now additional pages available. The list is in first to last order by date. The last post in my list is December 2001. I spend WWWaaaayyy Toooooo Much time on this board! I think the list maxes out at 200 messages.
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.