Chiff and Fipple: The Movie!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

dubhlinn wrote:I recall a discussion, of sorts, about a C+F Soap Opera.
That was a crazy classic.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

emmline wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:I recall a discussion, of sorts, about a C+F Soap Opera.
That was a crazy classic.
Bit like "War and Peace"....

Impossible to conceive, hard to grasp, a cast of thousands, but worth the effort..eventually.

Slan,
D.
:wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Flying Cement

Post by Flying Cement »

I would have to caste Hugh Grant or Hugh Jackman for myself. Not that I am particularly like either one of them, but I am said to look like a cross between the two.

Any actor who can pull of an extremely dry sense of humor can play me.
It doesn't mean that much to me
To mean that much to you
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

HAL 9000 would play me.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

A DeSoto?
I was thinking of Red Green but that's taken. Bob Hoskins would be good or Eyeore. I'll settle for the DeSoto though.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

To play myself, I suggest former secretary of labor, Robert Reich:

Me, for comparison:

While he was Secretary, I used to get stopped frequently by strangers asking if I was Robert Reich. Other times, I'd catch people surreptitiously staring at me in restaurants, theatre lines, etc. The fact that Reich is famously short as I am (although not famously) added to the effect. Even now, once in a while someone will come up to me and say "Do you know who you look like?". Kinda fun.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
emmline

Post by emmline »

I move that all action be filmed in that place where Paul is in the above picture.
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

emmline wrote:I move that all action be filmed in that place where Paul is in the above picture.
Second that. On condition that the bar is staffed 24/7.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

scottielvr wrote:
emmline wrote:I move that all action be filmed in that place where Paul is in the above picture.
And there are no big spiders.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Flyingcursor wrote:
scottielvr wrote:
And there are no big spiders.
Aw, even the big ones don't drink that much.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

That would be Club Med in Cancun on our honeymoon. It was truly a fabulous vacation and the bar WAS pretty much staffed 24/7...
Didn't see any big spiders, but there WERE alligators and some nice plump iguanas.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

brewerpaul wrote:
That would be Club Med in Cancun on our honeymoon. It was truly a fabulous vacation and the bar WAS pretty much staffed 24/7...
Didn't see any big spiders, but there WERE alligators and some nice plump iguanas.
If by "plump iguanas" you mean roundish little island beauties in skimpy bathing suits count me in.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

brewerpaul wrote:
The photo looks quite a bit like the Eldorado Resort in Cancun (where I took my plump iguana for our honeymoon).
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

brewerpaul wrote:To play myself, I suggest former secretary of labor, Robert Reich:

Me, for comparison:

While he was Secretary, I used to get stopped frequently by strangers asking if I was Robert Reich. Other times, I'd catch people surreptitiously staring at me in restaurants, theatre lines, etc. The fact that Reich is famously short as I am (although not famously) added to the effect. Even now, once in a while someone will come up to me and say "Do you know who you look like?". Kinda fun.
What amazes me about this post is not the uncanny resemblance between Paul and the Secretary of Labor, but the fact that there are people out there who actually know what the Secretary of Labor looks like. (OK -- former Secy of Labor).
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

In my case, you would have to use Christy Moore for the video, and George H. Bush for the audio. :P
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo