Life is grand isn't it

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Life is grand isn't it

Post by Flyingcursor »

I built a fire last night. With the help of liquid boyscout I got the soaking wet wood burning bright. The guy across the street and a few of his friends came over and we sat around the fire enjoying the "guy" comraderie I haven't had in a long time. When the rain got too heavy we went in the gazebo and played cards.

There was a woman too. She was incredibly charming and vivacious and she wore a shirt that revealed nothing yet suggested hidden charms. I was awestruck. I couldn't resist turning on the charm. I wanted to be next to her. I wanted to make her smile and laugh.

She was my wife! My wonderful, beautiful, precious wife and I fell in love like a moonsick teenager. She became "that girl". The girl I flipped my lid over nearly 20 years ago. I saw her for the first time every time I gazed her direction last night around the fire and the card table.

And no, I wasn't drunk unless water is an intoxicant.

And I FELT. Like the Colorado River after a spring thaw it roars inexorably. I FELT. I FEEL. Can anyone understand what it's like to feel when your emotions have been as dry as Death Valley for years? Pure, raw, unabashed feeling.

I hope this post doesn't violate any rules but you guys are my friends and I can't...I refuse... to to hide under a bushel. I'm gonna let it shine.

I want to run down the road and yell, "This is my wife. My soulmate. Isn't she beautiful? I love her!!!!"

She's my fantasy and my reality. She's my heart, soul, body and mind. She's all the lovesongs ever written. If she left me today it could not erase what I'm feeling right now.

It's raining outside but the sun is shining for the first time. HA! I'm feeling and I'm shaking and I want to cry for the sheer joy and I don't understand but I am loving it!

What the hell happened?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

That's simply awesome, FC!

It reminds me of Colin Hay's Waiting for my Real Life to Begin
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Wow, dude you have completely hit one of those notes!
im so jealous, yet proud for you!
keep that home fire burnin man!

jammy git!

and what a way with words! ye remind me a wee bit of some of richard brautigans words from "in watermelon sugar"!
keep her lit!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
missy

Post by missy »

aw, Flydood, you made me smile.

Your wife is a lucky woman.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Joseph E. Smith

Re: Life is grand isn't it

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Flyingcursor wrote:
What the hell happened?

You woke up from a 20 year slumber. Good on you Flydood (or, should I call you Mr. Van Winkle?)! :thumbsup:
djm

Post by djm »

Don't these little epiphanies happen just before a huge tragedy? :twisted:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

djm wrote:Don't these little epiphanies happen just before a huge tragedy? :twisted:

djm
You sir are definitely evil!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I was reading along and I was thinking, "Isn't this guy married?" and I was feeling sort of disturbed, like I really didn't want to keep reading. I was really so glad when the woman you were talking about turned out to be your wife! I don't know what happened, but if everything seems okay to everyone then who cares :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
flanum

Post by flanum »

Any chance of posting a pic of the missus? (in a wet shirt in the rain?)? :twisted:
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

That is be far the best thing I've read in at least a week.
Who says the party's over when you get married???

:D :D :D

Thanks for sharing--
Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Erm . . . how much of that liquid boyscout did you sniff?

Whatever the cause . . . congrats! You did remember to tell HER, didn't you?
Jack

Post by Jack »

That's very sweet. :)
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

My thoughts:

Sometimes we all get so busy and we get this incredible forward momentum, the next thing, the next time, the next day off, the next weekend...

So much so that sometimes we forget where we are, what we have....even who we are.

Like folks on vacation with a camera, who often fall into the trap of being so busy trying to capture their good memories that they forget to have any, sometimes we get so busy trying to find the good life that we forget to live it.

And I am as guilty as anyone.

Thanks for this great post...my wife doesn't know why I just looked over at her and smiled softly, but that's ok, because I know for both of us.

You made me remember I am a very lucky man.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

djm wrote:Don't these little epiphanies happen just before a huge tragedy? :twisted:

djm
Don't listen to him!

You're lucky to have times like that. Lots of people settle for "not too bad". Been there. Done that. What you have is LOTS better-- trust me on that one!

(PS-- my wife is from Michigan too{as I gather yours is from your "location}, and I feel the same way about her. What is it with these Michigan women? :D )
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

One of the sweetest things I've ever read. Thank you for sharing it. Don't spend too much effort analyzing the mystery of the event...just hold on to it, with all your heart.

:wink: