Chiff and Fipple: The Movie!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

Cynth wrote:I'd like to be played by Julia Child.
I wonder if that chicken (turkey?) she's playing sounds anything like bagpipes...
Last edited by jsluder on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I think it woul be very difficult to find someone in Hollywood suitable for the part of Walden.
Reasonable person
Walden
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Walden wrote:I think it woul be very difficult to find someone in Hollywood suitable for the part of Walden.
The part of Walden will be played by a pond.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Reasonable person
Walden
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

Cynth wrote:I don't know why, but in my mind scottielvr is associated in some way with the name "Corky". It's really odd. My vision is not complete enough to tell whether she actually is a "Corky" or if she simply has some relationship with a "Corky".
In any case:

Image..........Image
Here is Shirley Temple playing with her...............Here is Darlene Gillespie playing a very cool little
sweet little Scottie named Corky.........................dudette named Corky with her loyal companion White Shadow.

One of these four beings should play scottielvr. I am so fond of all of them I really could not pick :lol: .
Heh. Shirley Temple's...uh, not a good fit, for so many reasons I couldn't possibly enumerate them here. For entirely different reasons I don't think I'd go with Darlene Gillespie, either. I know nothing about the "Corky" character she played (the only useful info I found in a quick search was that she was "headstrong and brave," which is about half right); but judging from the pic, I'm sort of charmed by the idea. The hat would have to go, though. Either Corky the Scottie or White Shadow would be just fine; though White Shadow really should sport a bandana. Either of them could play my part with all the subtlety and nuance called for by the role. :wink:
emmline

Post by emmline »

jsluder wrote:
Walden wrote:I think it woul be very difficult to find someone in Hollywood suitable for the part of Walden.
The part of Walden will be played by a pond.
Another option: The role of Walden wll be played by an origami owl which flies around being utterly reasonable.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

scottielvr wrote:
Cynth wrote:I don't know why, but in my mind scottielvr is associated in some way with the name "Corky". It's really odd. My vision is not complete enough to tell whether she actually is a "Corky" or if she simply has some relationship with a "Corky".
In any case:

Image..........Image
Here is Shirley Temple playing with her...............Here is Darlene Gillespie playing a very cool little
sweet little Scottie named Corky.........................dudette named Corky with her loyal companion White Shadow.

One of these four beings should play scottielvr. I am so fond of all of them I really could not pick :lol: .
Heh. Shirley Temple's...uh, not a good fit, for so many reasons I couldn't possibly enumerate them here. For entirely different reasons I don't think I'd go with Darlene Gillespie, either. I know nothing about the "Corky" character she played (the only useful info I found in a quick search was that she was "headstrong and brave," which is about half right); but judging from the pic, I'm sort of charmed by the idea. The hat would have to go, though. Either Corky the Scottie or White Shadow would be just fine; though White Shadow really should sport a bandana. Either of them could play my part with all the subtlety and nuance called for by the role. :wink:
I sort of figured you weren't going to go for Shirley---even though she'd be awful fun to work with--well, awful cute, anyway. And she tap dances! I know, poor Darlene, I read some things about her but I decided to live in the past and pretend I didn't know. She really was great as Corky---I loved her, and her hat :lol: . I'm sure her husband made her do it. White Shadow in his bandana and Corky the Scottie will be at your service. Perhaps they can stand in for each other at nap times, etc.

And if you find someone else to play you, their feelings won't be the least bit hurt as long as you give them a lot of severance treats!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Dan Akroyd does Cynth .... er .... Julia Child ... as Cynth ..... as Dan Akroyd?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

djm wrote:Dan Akroyd does Cynth .... er .... Julia Child ... as Cynth ..... as Dan Akroyd?

djm
:lol: Well, I know Julia Child isn't really available now, so I guess Dan Aykroyd would do in a pinch. I haven't actually seen that skit. It sounds funny. I'm not seeing the picture you posted, but I couldn't find one from another source.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Not sure why you can't see the picture. Its in your quote, as well. It was, indeed, a classic skit from SNL. Julia (Akroyd as a Canadian in drag) is showing how to dress a bird when the knife slips and she cuts her finger, but in true SNL fashion, she hasn't just "cut the little dickens", she is spurting blood in geysers several feet into the air, but remaining in character throughout, meaning no foul language, and no showing of temper, even though a tinge of panic creeps into her voice as the geyser shows no signs of abating. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

surely you know what happens when you post a live link to a pic on Fortune Cities
Reasonable person
Walden
Scott McCallister
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Chiff and Fipple: The Movie!

Post by Scott McCallister »

Congratulations wrote:
Dale wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:Who would you cast as:

Yourself?
Naomi Watts
She was really good in Huckabees.
She was good in Tank Girl too!

I think I would have to go with Marty Feldman. Though once upon a time I was told a lot that I looked like John Cusak. or was that Joan Cusak?

hmmm.
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

I recall a discussion, of sorts, about a C+F Soap Opera.

Might have been before Tylers time on the Chiff.

Slan,
D.

The hot pants must have got lost in the post.... :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

djm wrote:Not sure why you can't see the picture. Its in your quote, as well.

djm
Anti-hotlinking technology..something else shows instead.
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I think James Brown would be the natural choice for Dale (as soon as he's finished with his role as Karl Jung)

Steven Seagal as Loren.

Red Green as Weekenders.

Anthony Hopkins as Jim Stone.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.