Aarrr! Don't Forrrget!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

WyoBadger wrote:Anybody here besides me addicted to Sid Meier's Pirates? Besides being a very fun game, it has some oddly compelling music. The "Attacking a City" theme has become one of my favorite whistle tunes.

I taught my kids sea shanties tuesday, and my white board remains covered with pirate vocabulary.

"Arrrr, raise yer hands an' wait ta be called on, ye mangy bilge rats, er I'll keel haul the lot of ye!"

I love my job. :D

Tom
Aye, sir, and they've such tender guts fer garters iff'n they does get outer hand. :P
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

WyoBadger wrote:Anybody here besides me addicted to Sid Meier's Pirates? Besides being a very fun game, it has some oddly compelling music. The "Attacking a City" theme has become one of my favorite whistle tunes.
The music is excellent. I still play Pirates quite a bit when I can wrest some Xbox time from the kids. I also still play Pirates of the Caribbean (both Xbox and PC) more than I should. (That Pirates Ahoy site I linked to has forums for both games.)

What's your preference -- Morgan's Queen Anne's Revenge or Roc Brasilliano's 20-gun royal sloop?
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Yarrr, I prefers me a royal sloop or just a standard frigate. That blackguard Morgan's ship, though worth the takin', be a bit large fer my taste, matey...one broadside and ye've blown yer prize halfway to kingdom come. No profit in that, says I.

No, give me a royal sloop or a plain ol' frigate. The sloop maneuvers right handy, and the frigate can soak up a powerful lot o' damage. A broadside or two to put the fear in 'em, then over the rales, lads!

On t'other hand, 'tis right enjoyable takin' on them miserable pirate hunters with the "Queen Anne's Revenge." I can sit in me cabin and read the Good Book by the light of their powder magazines goin' off...
Arrrr.

Cap'n Thomas of the Pirate Frigate "Seabadger"
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
djm

Post by djm »

OMG!!!! Oh SH!T SH!T SH!T. I missed it! My ISP f*cked me over and I have had no reliable connection since a week last Wednesday and I've been saving up for it all year long and now its been and gone and I've missed it. :x

<Oh crud!>

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

djm wrote:OMG!!!! Oh SH!T SH!T SH!T. I missed it! My ISP f*cked me over and I have had no reliable connection since a week last Wednesday and I've been saving up for it all year long and now its been and gone and I've missed it. :x

<Oh crud!>

djm
Go ahead and talk like a pirate for a couple of days. I doubt anyone will mind... or notice....
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

jsluder wrote:
djm wrote:OMG!!!! Oh SH!T SH!T SH!T. I missed it! My ISP f*cked me over and I have had no reliable connection since a week last Wednesday and I've been saving up for it all year long and now its been and gone and I've missed it. :x

<Oh crud!>

djm
Go ahead and talk like a pirate for a couple of days. I doubt anyone will mind... or notice....
:lol: Ahoy, me hearty! Corsair Cat thought prhaps ye'd taken a long walk on a short plank. We saved yer grub and grog fer ye. Don't be soundin' like a lily-livered lass . Ye be a buccaneer, man! Ye kin talk like a pirate whensoe'er ye want! Arrrrrr!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Ooooooh! What a stroke of good fortune! Let me run and get my costume! I just looove playing Cabin Wench!
djm

Post by djm »

Lambykins wrote:I just looove playing Cabin Wench!
Hubba hubb :o ..... um .... maybe we could just leave the sharp, bladed implements out on the poop deck ... just for a while .... arrrrrr! :wink:

djm
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:
Lambykins wrote:I just looove playing Cabin Wench!
Hubba hubb :o ..... um .... maybe we could just leave the sharp, bladed implements out on the poop deck ... just for a while .... arrrrrr! :wink:

djm

Whatever pleases you!

Oh, I know! We can have fun with that interesting thing Gonzo and I found in the sauna . . .
djm

Post by djm »

Eeeewwwww! Couldn't we at least wash it off? :boggle:

djm
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

It's clean! :evil:

I washed it off real good before I used it to serve salad at that last bar-b-que we had.

. . . . grumble . . . grr . . . Mighty danged prissy for a pirate, if you asks me . . . where's yer sense of adventure, man!?! Arrrrrgh!
djm

Post by djm »

Cap'n Lamby wrote:where's yer sense of adventure, man!?!
Back at the clinic, thank you very much. <sniff>

djm

(oh, um, arr)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Oh, you're just feeling put out because you missed ITLAPD! Come on! We'll have FUN!

Would you rather make some pasta instead? I'll get the strainer from Gonzo . . .
djm

Post by djm »

Make pasta? MAKE pasta? :really:

Us'n pirates don't make. We consumes, me precious. Arrrrrrrrr. An' we likes a piquant meat sauce, thick an' hardy, with our pasta, so we does. Arrrrr.

<man, this feels good>

djm
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:Make pasta? MAKE pasta? :really:

Us'n pirates don't make. We consumes, me precious. Arrrrrrrrr. An' we likes a piquant meat sauce, thick an' hardy, with our pasta, so we does. Arrrrr.

<man, this feels good>

djm
Oh, now, look at that! See! You're getting into the spirit of it! That's good! <claps>

And you deserve a hearty meat sauce, too! I bet you could eat a whole loaf of artisan Italian bread all by yourself, after that hard day of swashbuckling! My! Look at all those spoils you brought home! Very nice!

Damn! I think he just suckered me into cooking . . .