FS: Water Weasel NT, key of D [sold]

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
alespa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

FS: Water Weasel NT, key of D [sold]

Post by alespa »

I have vasilated back and forth on this and realize I need to go ahead and sell this to fund getting an E body for my Kerry Songbird low D.

This Water Weasel is from the last batch that Glenn made and is one of only 23 non-tunable high d whistles he made. The date is 5/2005. I have an extra sticker that I can throw in. Can anyone tell me what a fair offer on this would be? I'd like to be able to cover the $75 I'll need to get the new whistle body.

===
Thanks for the interest! It looks like this whistle will soon have a new home.
Last edited by alespa on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

I would make you an offer but, I recently bought one of Glenn's Thin Weasels and I can't afford to buy any more toys right now. I think you could get as much as $100 for it. I looked at his old pricelist(which is still online) and the tuneable version was priced at $84 I believe. I can't belive anyone would sell such a piece of whistle history but, we all have our needs and I can PROMISE you will find a buyer! Good Luck!
King Friday
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by King Friday »

I have a tuneable Water Weasel D on the trading block too. They're amazing, but I just can't keep this one.
Ostekjeks

Post by Ostekjeks »

Phil does not make E bodies for the Songbird. The ones I know of is supposed to only fit the new range Chieftain tuneables.
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Interesting . . . Phil was telling me it would work. If not, I'll just have to save up for another low E :)
Ostekjeks

Post by Ostekjeks »

alespa wrote:Interesting . . . Phil was telling me it would work. If not, I'll just have to save up for another low E :)
Hmm. Why would he write that the bodies would only fit the Chieftains on his webiste, then? I'd like to get this sorted out. The only problem is that there seems to be no way to contact Phil. Every address connected to the Kerrywhistles.com domain seems to be out of function... At least when I tried a week ago.
alespa

Post by alespa »

I just got confirmation from Phil and the low E body will fit the Songbird low D. Here's his email: phil@kerrywhistles.com
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

alespa wrote:I just got confirmation from Phil and the low E body will fit the Songbird low D. Here's his email: phil@kerrywhistles.com
HEY! Where you been???????

I would go for it but you know what I have and whistle history or no, too many high d's is too many high d's.

Fit vs Function

I would have him at least try to play it on one of his songbird heads and more properly 4 or 5 to verify that the body is in tune across a range of attachments.

Barring that I would sent your low d head in to have him work the body up to what YOURS is about. This is the only sure way to make sure it works properly.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
alespa

Post by alespa »

Hey Steven, how's it going?!

I was planning on sending the low D to Phil and he'd do all the work.
alespa

Post by alespa »

alespa

Post by alespa »