I haven't done this in a while...tonight's dinner

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

I haven't done this in a while...tonight's dinner

Post by Wanderer »

Not very piratey fare, I'm afraid.

Pan seared scallops in basil and garlic with steamed cut green beans and parmasean, rice, and honeydew salad with poppy seed dressing.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

I had turkey and provolone on wheat (with yellow mustard because the cafeteria ignores my pleas for brown mustard). It was less than spectacular. I mean, I love turkey and all, but damn. :cry:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Lasagna, a steamin' mug o' fresh hot cocoa, and now I'm aimin' fer de grog fer a bit o' the ol' dessert, Oi is.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Dammit, the grocery store had sea scallops on sale last weekend and I didn't pick any up.

Tonight -- Thai beef with basil (with Amazon red hot sauce -- the daughter doesn't like hot food these days), jasmine rice, and Saranac pale ale.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

It's made with beef stock. Yippee.

(But I did add some homemade croutons and cheese.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

Here's what sounds like a tasty recipe...Go to Oprah.com and type this in the search 'vodka cream pasta' ---you'll get this recipe from Rachel Ray who was just on O the other day...I think she called it 'you won't be single for long vodka cream pasta...' I don't know about that but it sounded pretty good.

As far as the dish above, I always think other people's plates of food look sick... Good combo though; I might use brown rice and cauliflower/broccoli for the veggies instead and maybe get some pan fried mushrooms in there.
Last edited by Miwokhill on Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I ate my son's leftover lo-mein from the other day. Chicken, shrimp, scallops, Yummy!

M :party:
brianc

Post by brianc »

Mmmm....
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

We went to the county fair and I had a caramel apple and a wonderfully greasy polish sausage with loads of onions and spicy mustard.
I polished it off with an elephant ear slathered in cherry topping.

Then I road the Scrambler with my granddaughter. Do not try this at home.

Meow Mix probably would have sat better.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Miwokhill wrote:Here's what sounds like a tasty recipe...Go to Oprah.com and type this in the search 'vodka cream pasta' ---you'll get this recipe from Rachel Ray who was just on O the other day...I think she called it 'you won't be single for long vodka cream pasta...' I don't know about that but it sounded pretty good.

As far as the dish above, I always think other people's plates of food look sick... Good combo though; I might use brown rice and cauliflower/broccoli for the veggies instead and maybe get some pan fried mushrooms in there.
We had caulflower a couple of days ago, and a big mess of crimini mushrooms in a roast I made sunday...I try to keep good variety in the side dishes. Plus, with all of the savory dishes, I thought the crisp coolness of a honeydew would add a nice contrast.
Last edited by Wanderer on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

that looks great. Never tried scallops but I did notice them in the supermarket fish counter the other day so maybe sometime soon I'll give them a go.

I'm going to pretend I saw this thread yesterday and tell you what I had for dinner on Monday night (last night I had quick and easy pasta and sauce).

Trout with crushed coriander, pepper and chilli wrapped in parma ham (pan fried so it went crispy) served with wilted spinach and a balsamic sauce and boiled new potatoes.

The trout was kind of an experiment based on 2 fish recipes (cod wrapped in parma ham roasted with vine tomatoes, tuna steak with crushed coriander and pepper) I'd tried recently. While delicious, I think in future I'm either going to do one or the other as the crushed spices inside the ham gave it kind of a gritty texture that I'd prefer it not to have.
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

chrisoff wrote:t
Trout with crushed coriander, pepper and chilli wrapped in parma ham (pan fried so it went crispy) served with wilted spinach and a balsamic sauce and boiled new potatoes.
I had fish wrapped in ham for the first time a few months ago...I was trying to think of something new and crazy to do as a fish dish (mahi mahi, I think), and I decided to spice it up and wrap it in prosciutto (which wikipedia tells me is the same thing as parma ham)...it was a lot better than I expected it to be!
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Wanderer wrote:I decided to spice it up and wrap it in prosciutto (which wikipedia tells me is the same thing as parma ham)...it was a lot better than I expected it to be!
Wikipedia is correct. It's a great, easy way of doing something slightly different with fish. It keeps the juices in so stops the fish drying out and also adds some extra flavour to fish which can sometimes taste a little bland. I love it.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

chrisoff wrote:
Wanderer wrote:I decided to spice it up and wrap it in prosciutto (which wikipedia tells me is the same thing as parma ham)...it was a lot better than I expected it to be!
Wikipedia is correct. It's a great, easy way of doing something slightly different with fish. It keeps the juices in so stops the fish drying out and also adds some extra flavour to fish which can sometimes taste a little bland. I love it.
Congratulations guys!!! A new food combination that had never occured to me. I hate to go all Martha Stewart, but any recipes you can point to that you've tried and they worked out.

In the mean time, dinner tonight will be a soft pretzel on the train, followed by whistle class.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

chrisoff wrote:
Orange roughy saltimbocca?
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow