OT: You know you've spent too much time on the Board when...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cees
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

...You start to have dreams about your fellow posters, most of whom you've never met, and in your dreams they're your friends and you call them by their on-screen names.

(This actually happened two nights ago...I dreamed many of the most frequent posters had all written a book each, and Loren's was a best-seller!)

:grin:
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

or you start wondering who has the better Kung-Fu: Loren, Dazed, Murphy, Big Tex or ninja school guy???
Stella

Post by Stella »

Absolutely!
Every night since I got my whistle a fortnight ago I have dreamed about whistles, the board, tunes, musical notation etc etc.

Of course, during the day my mind is buzzing with the same stuff.

My partner is accusing me of being really distant recently, I know it and try to be attentive, but just cant snap out of it!
Damned whistle has taken over my life! :wink:

I love my whistle.

WOED - Whistle Obsessive Exclusive Disorder.
Stella
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, the other Weekender is p'o'd that I "Chit-Chat" at night with my fellow C&Fers.

And I do have reels running through the brain at most times of day and night, but otherwise, I am perfectly normal, honest.

And so what if I carry TWO Burkes to "work" everyday even tho I don't get to play em? Meg's in the car and I taught my kid a sea chantey last night on the way home from gymnastics. he has a Little Black Whistle I gave him.

Nothing wrong here, honest. Hey, whats almost 700 posts in 9 months or so? No, life is perfectly normal

And hey, I don't bore anybody with genealogy anymore either.....

And so what if I call C&Fers while on vacation because they live within a 100 mile radius of where I am? No prob...

And so what if, while riding my mtn bike last night along the Bay Trail, I thot what a nice picture it would be of me whistling with SF in the background so you could see what a nice play to whistle the Bay Area is? No problem here.

And so what if I played my whistle along with other Weekenders exercise video? Hey, i was jammin! Its in D minor, the Cheryl Tiegs one, that is. Good thing I had a C Burke handy....

No problem . Whistling is wholesome! And I have lots o' company, right here.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

You guys really need to get a life.

I, on the other hand, don't need to. I'm perfectly happy without one. And I most emphatically DO NOT dream of Dale, Loren or Azalin at night.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Cees, what was my book about? Did I even make it into you dream?

BTW, friends DO call me Ty, Tyggy, and the occasional Tyggums. . .freel fee to do the same. . .even in your dreams.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

On 2002-09-19 18:04, The Weekenders wrote:

And hey, I don't bore anybody with genealogy anymore either.....
Hey! I resemble that remark! :grin:

Ya know Weekenders, you and I joined the board within days of each other. You have over 700 posts while I might make it to fifty posts here soon. Mmmmmmmmm. Yes, you do have it really bad... those whistle related disorders... all of them in all their various manifestations. I would normally recommend professional help, but in your case I fear it's too late. Besides, who really wants to be cured? :wink:

So Cees, are you going to tell us what Loren's best selling book was about or do we have to guess? :smile:
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

On 2002-09-19 20:11, Sunnywindo wrote:

So Cees, are you going to tell us what Loren's best selling book was about or do we have to guess? :smile:

Yes, please do tell - I need to know as soon as possible so I can start writing! :lol:

Loren
P.S. My Kung-Fu is best.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

You know you've spent too much time on the Board when...

• You start longing for the days when the 'really good players' used to post.

• Your monitor has the faint impression of the C&F screen when turned off.

• You decide to buy stock in <i>Dazed Industries</i>, in hopes of getting in on the ground-floor with the Fipple Shield™ (after having missed out on Amway® and Melaleuca™).

• You know the names of the dons Weekenders claims to be descended from.

• You agree with Loren.

• You have a definite position on the Shanna Quay vs. Azalin issue.

• You've read the Home Gorilla Breeding journal.
Reasonable person
Walden
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

Once again a brilliant Walden post. I think you should get a prize from the C&F admin staff (I think there should be annual awards of some kind :smile:. Anybody have a good awards titles? "The Chiffies" :grin:

Hey week, I think my wife is suspicious about the live forum. She wonders why sometimes I don't get to bed until 3am. Just not lucky for being in the east I guess:-) I'm trying to explain that the online dialogue is hilarious. But I'm not sure if she's buying it Image

edit for goofball smilies - hey maybe a new award?

PR

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paul Reid on 2002-09-19 20:54 ]</font>
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Hey Stella,

It's been a long winter, hasn't it? :grin: It's almost over, and then you'll stop having these dreams.

JP
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Unfortunately, it was one of those dreams where you wake up remembering everything and then go back to sleep and when morning arrives, you've forgotten it all except a hazy impression of the basic idea.

So, I'm sorry, but I don't remember what Loren's book was about. :grin:

And Ty, I don't remember if you were in it or not...there were lots of familiar C & F faces, that's about all I remember :smile:

It was a first, though--dreaming about the Board!!

:smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cees on 2002-09-19 22:11 ]</font>
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

On 2002-09-19 20:37, Walden wrote:
You know you've spent too much time on the Board when...

• You agree with Loren.
More often than not, I do! :grin:
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

Jeez, I spend one evening away test driving some custom tweeked fiddles (no, dont even start, Loren) and look what happens...I miss out on a great thread! :smile:

Walden, man, today I defer to you in awe. You are scaring me with all this excellent witticism...scary only because there's a few grains of truth mixed in there (One of which is that private shares of Dazed Industries are now available for $175.60 per share...email me for more details :smile: Doh!!! was that too commercial?????)

Yeah,it could be a surreal dream...Spinal Spasm Loren and Bad Hands Kevin trying to even climb into the ring let alone fight. Tex and Murph are more interested in the beer and barbecue ribs, but offer pithy color commentary while kung fu guy curses everyone and Walden sips a good chianti and writes a poem about the whole scene. Meanwhile, hordes are scouring the countryside searching for Bloo while Enders plays Quantanamera and sings "Don't worry, he'll turn up soon". Brian and Beth, both bleary eyed from lack of sleep, pass each other on the freeway driving to different sessions far from the comfort of their own homes...both are playing Shebeg Shemore while driving, of course. Listen closely, and you might hear the distant whine of Colin's drill, Michael's mill, Patrick's lathe...even Serpent's dremel, and yes, maybe even Mack rustling around in his shop.

And somewhere, three brand new whistle newbies have just signed up on the Chiff and Fipple messageboard and are simultaneously typing the same first post asking for a comparison of Susato and Dixon Soprano D and oh, does anyone have sheet music to that wonderful music that Captain Picard played that inspired them to take up whistle.

Ah,

There's no place like home.

There'e no place like home.

There's no place......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dazedinla on 2002-09-20 07:35 ]</font>
JSW

Post by JSW »

On 2002-09-19 22:10, Cees wrote:

So, I'm sorry, but I don't remember what Loren's book was about. :grin:
How to Make Friends and Influence People (?)