I WAS so pregnant!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

gonzo914 wrote:
Roger O'Keeffe wrote: Hats off to all the heroic women that have given us our own lives and those of our children.
For without them, we would certainly not be as aware of our shortcomings.
Dilbert wrote:Success is that happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did.
:lol: Or, as someone once told my husband when something had gone well for him at work, "Behind every successful man stands a surprised woman."
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Cynth wrote:
:lol: Or, as someone once told my husband when something had gone well for him at work, "Behind every successful man stands a surprised woman."[/quote]

that's HILARIOUS !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mary
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

"If a man says something in the woods and his wife isn't around to hear it, is he still wrong?"
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

chas wrote:"If a man says something in the woods and his wife isn't around to hear it, is he still wrong?"
My husband liked this one too :lol: .

I guess we will get our next Linus-Watch report tomorrow morning. I wonder how the massage was? How are the ankles? Any sign that Linus is thinking of making an appearance?
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

chas wrote:"If a man says something in the woods and his wife isn't around to hear it, is he still wrong?"
retorical you are...
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Still no labor. Hmph!

The massage was a bit hard for my taste, even though I tend to like it rather deep. Every time I asked her to lay off a little on pressure, she said "don't you want to go into labor?"

Dan drove in to work today (rather than taking the train) just in case. My mom is here and my dad has his suitcase packed. But nothing is happening!!!
~JessieD
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

BOO!

(I was thinking maybe a little jolt might help get things started.)

Best wishes,
Jerry
djm

Post by djm »

Sometimes an unexpectedly <A HREF="http://www3.sympatico.ca/dj.moulton/rea ... .mp3">loud sound</A> is supposed to do the trick.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Morning. Nothing!
~JessieD
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Oy. You're making me really glad I'm a guy. Hang in there...it will all be worth it...
Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

WyoBadger wrote:Oy. You're making me really glad I'm a guy. Hang in there...it will all be worth it...
Tom
more fun puttn it in, ain' it?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I was amazed to see that this thread started over a week ago! I guess you are even more freakin' pregnant now :lol: . I'm sure we'll be hearing some news any day now. The massage lady sounds a little scary!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Cynth wrote:The massage lady sounds a little scary!
Yeah, and I had to pay $60!
~JessieD
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

There seem to be a number of Linus's in mythology and the stories are confusing. Here is a musical Linus:

"Son of Apollo and Terpsichore, he taught music to Orpheus and Herakles. Herakles killed him with Linus's own lyre after he reprimanded Herakles for making errors. According to other sources, he was the son of the muse Kalliope and the inventor of melody and rhythm."

This photo of a vase of some kind isn't very good. Since Herakles was a boy when he killed Linus, I would have thought that Linus was the bearded man. But the bearded man seems to be wielding the lyre which I thought Herakles should be wielding.

Well, the story doesn't have a good ending for Linus, but there is no Herakles now so perhaps your Linus will go on to become a great musician!
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Jessie,

We were in the same situation a few years ago. Our midwife advised us to climb the stairs of St Joseph's oratory, just up the street from the birthing centre. The climb is a lot more intimidating than the photo suggests, esp. when you are 41 weeks pregnant.

I think the idea was to get the pelvis moving rather than to seek the intercession of the Oratory's founder, Brother André. At least that's what I gathered from her completely untranslatable instruction to wifey: "Déhanche-toi!" It worked anyway - she went into labour the next morning.

You can go up the central wooden stairs on your knees, if you're so inclined, but that would probably not succeed in "déhanching" you.