Favorite Frankenwhistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jmiller
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Favorite Frankenwhistle

Post by jmiller »

What's your favorite frankenwhistle? Mine is a Generation blue tip on a Clare D 2 piece brass tube. It's the one cheap whistle I keep in my good case.
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Hoover Blacktop on Nickel Clare...
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Hoover whitecap that bounces between 2-piece brass Clare D (for travelling) and nickel Oak D bodies. Mack's the man! :)
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Generation Bb fipple on Waltons mellow d tone tube. Soft or loud stays in pitch.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
King Friday

Post by King Friday »

I once tweaked a Generation fipple to the point where its no longer a Generation anymore and put it on an Oak D tube. Sounds pretty cool.

I also liked putting a Little Black D's fipple on a Generation Eb, but I recently gave my only LBD to a friend.
ned o the hill

Post by ned o the hill »

Hoover whitecap on Gen Bflat nickel.
(¯¯[]¯¯¯¯ ((¯¯¯¯¯¯¯o¯O¯o¯O¯O¯o¯¯¯¯)

Go gcoinní Dia i mbosa a láimhe thú

Ned o' the Hill
Low Whistler and Goat Whacker
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

I have a Freeman whistle that he made for me 3 years ago. I cant remember what it is made of (Genhead/Feadog body, maybe?), and my MinPin puppy chewed the fipple a bit, but it is one of my favorites. This is my patina whistle showing its age unlike the rest of my collection.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Sindt D head on a Feadog brass tube. Still sounds like a Sindt but I don't have to half-hole C natural.
Mike
markbell

Post by markbell »

Hoover Whitecap on Generation nickel Eb. Hard to believe that such a high-pitched whistle could sound so sweet, but it's nice!
sibilo ergo sum
CelloDog

Post by CelloDog »

Hoover Whitecap on a Feadog brass tube. I bought a brass Clare two-piece for the Whitecap but liked it too much as is to mess with it.
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Mack Hoover White Cap on a 'generic' two-piece body--I think it was from a $5.00 Doolin that was advertised on C & F several years ago. (I am hard pressed to figure out why I did not buy a few more of those two-piecers at the time.) A close second is a Mack Hoover Black top on a similar generic two-piece body. I do believe that a photo of the latter can be found about half-way down the "Whistle Photos" page on Mack's website. The neat case that Mack made from the sleeve of an old suede coat is just the cat's pajamas (not to be confused with the Cat's Meow).

Tom D.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Hoover white top on an old ski pole shaft. That guy can make a whistle out of just about anything...which reminds me, Mack, I owe you some juniper. Hope the dog hasn't eaten it.

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
macclay

Post by macclay »

Been a while since I put it together but it's and older green Feadog top and and Oak tube.
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

Hoover Whitecap, Clare body.... yummy.
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Gee, no pattern emerging here, is there?

Well, we can still disagree on the best tube to put the whitecaps on! :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde